Orlando, FL
Students enrolled: 1,474

Metrowest Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2015
My son is in first grade at MWES. As far as academics are concerned, I have no complaints with the curriculum. I have a problem with the lack of classroom management. The teachers have never had to discipline anyone and my child is constantly on yellow for silly things his teacher should be able to nip. Also the school is overcrowded and events at the school are chaotic due to the lack of organization by the administration. The administration is not friendly and the school environment is not inviting. Having an 'A' grade every year is only because of the test grades. MWES is not an 'A' school when you take into account the other things that make a school great.

Posted August 03, 2014
Metro west elementary is an "A" school every year, This school is great, awesome teachers, my kids love it.

Posted April 20, 2014
We have been an A school over a 12 year period. Our teachers are wonderful and help the school be the best it can be. We have a wonderful supportive staff. The secret to our school being great is that we are the picture of diversity, in every sense, and yet everyone gets along. Oh, and by the way, with a student population of nearly 1500, some of our middle schools would like to say that!

Posted April 18, 2014
Our school is amazing with all that we do for all 1499 of our students!!!

Metrowest Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
Absolutely horrible school starting with the Principal and working down. If you have the choice to send your child to another school, you shouldn't hesitate. You will be happy you did. Zero communication, zero parental involvement allowed, zero accountability. Your child will be in prison like atmosphere for all their elementary school days if you are not careful. This school is run like a walmart, with no sense of family or community. I don't care that there are 1500 students here, a little effort could go a long way.
4 people found this helpful

Metrowest Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2014
I just graduated out of this school last year and I loved it! my teachers were all nice and they helped me out of academic stress and failure. one thing I really did not like was the Before School Program. They were all extremely rude to my parents and I, they would take us to breakfast late everyday and im proud that my parents took me out of it. Other that this is one of the best schools out there (: . - Class of 2013 student !

Metrowest Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2014
We moved to this school in Nov 2013. The first thing I noticed was that when I requested to meet with their new teachers during the first week, they asked me why? They complied, but it was clear that they thought meeting with me was some sort of extra thing. Also the front office stops answering the phones promptly at 3pm and the only way to get a hold of a teacher outside of school hours is via email which has a 24 hour turn around time minimum. Cafeteria smells of urine due to perpetually unclean restroom next to it. Principal is totally MIA, never ever have seen her. I saw the school nurse tell a girl crying and complaining of shortness of breath to get back on the bus and go home. No security at car rider line, I once picked up someone else's kid without staff knowing and they once put a boy I was supposed to be picking up, on the bus, even though he'd been coming with me for the previous two weeks. The overall feeling is that they do not want parents to "bother" them. Any meetings or discussions out of their routine is seen as a bother and interruption. They may have higher test scores but their caring and friendly environment is nonexistent.
3 people found this helpful

Metrowest Elementary School 1

Posted November 26, 2013
horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible

Posted October 24, 2013
Metrowest Elementary school is a diverse school that serves about 1500 students. Our school stands up high because of the great administration and highly qualified teachers.

Posted October 24, 2013
My school is amazing. The teacher's and staff are caring and considerate. The teacher's are amazingly dedicated and hard working. We get to work with wonderful kids and nice families.

Metrowest Elementary School
1801 Lake Vilma Drive, Orlando, FL  32835
Last modified Metrowest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metrowest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top