Posted September 01, 2013
University High School is an all-around great school. University High School has an International Baccalaureate program and a Global Technologies (GT) magnet program, which was formerly known as Global Information and Future Technologies (GIFT). The school has been named a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.The Performing Arts group have brought many of Disneys plays to their stage. The UHS PTSA is always involved in pep-rallies, sporting events and volunteering opportunities. As long as I could remember, UHS has been able to put together great basketball teams both male and female. Football, many DIVISION 1 players have come from UHS. Currently the football team are District Champions and play in the 8A division. UHS' baseball team has also fielded many D1 athletes. UHS has many programs such as Marine ROTC, SADD, KEY CLUB, FFA and many other great clubs/organizations. The University Marching Band has a long history of quality performances. The marching band has received the highest rating at the FBA Marching MPA twenty-two of the school's twenty-three years. The band also participated in the 2013 St. Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago, IL. There are so many opportunities at UHS.

University High School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
UHS is a wonderful school with an amazing faculty and staff. Students get just the right amount of freedom and discipline. I would not change a single thing about this school.

University High School 3

Posted November 01, 2012
I am just a teenager worried about my new school. This is going to be my 3rd High School if I move with my mom, brother, and mom's boyfriend. I am living in MD right now but I don't know the area around this school but my mom's boyfriend does cause he lived in Florida before for 8 years!

Posted June 27, 2012
yes i like the school for me please. school good! teacher good ! everything good! i like!!!

University High School 4

Posted September 24, 2011
This is our first year at University. We're only there because my child is in the IB Program. We LOVE this program, the ciriculum is challenging, the Latin Teacher ROCKS! The only negative is that when you have to take an elective class you have to sit with the general population of kids who don't care, sleep, text, and talk durring class. The Principal is GREAT! I think he is an excellent communicator and considering what he has to work with, has a great outlook for his kids.

University High School 2

Posted January 12, 2011
I just transferred my child into this HS and from it's rating here and being a B school I thought it would be at least better than the C school he was at. It has been less than 3 weeks and the violence, lack of supervision and teaching in the class room has me in disbelief. I think it's really sad when your child complains that the teacher's don't communicate with the class or give them any class work to do. I attempted speaking with a staff member and he was extremely rude and really didn't care about resolving the issue I called about, the other person I left a message for never even bothered to call back.

University High School 2

Posted December 02, 2010
This school is good if you have an IB Student. Even with that said the stealing is out of control. My childs stuff was stolen out of the locker room along with numerous other children, and another child of mine had her stereo stolen out of her car. Ever year it seems to get a little worse, The Admin seem to ignore the problem at least in 2009.

Posted November 01, 2010
Grerat programs for the Students.

University High School 3

Posted October 07, 2009
University high school is a great school overall. Education is great , but the enviroment as a whole is not as good as it seems. There is great violence among students in this school. It is not shown but for a Student as my self it is visible.

Posted October 04, 2009
University High School is a neighborhood high school. This school is ranked amoung the hightest schools for offering AP courses. Our children have excelled with academics while particpatiing in the IB Magnet program. They have become well rounded individuals while serving the community through many of the UHS service projects. The teachers are supportive of all students while building personal relationships with families.

University High School
2450 Cougar Way, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified University High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top