Orlando, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted June 09, 2014
I had so many issues with this school this past school year. The teacher my son had shouldn't be a teacher. He came home crying on a weekly basics. When ask to test my son for a learning disable I was always told that "it wasn't needed" and that "he's a boy, and he'll grow out of it". When I finally did have my son tested, (by his doctor, paid out of my own pocket) everything I was telling them I thought he had he did indeed have. This isn't a school for "special need children". If you can advoid sending your child there do!!

Posted August 13, 2013
I have 2 kids at Waterford: one in the Gifted program, one in a 504 Plan (and retained in 3rd Grade). So far I am very happy with the teachers, my child is NOT medicated and has been doing great with a lot of support and encouragement. Good and bad teachers, like anything else, can be found anywhere, anytime regrettably...

Posted July 28, 2013
Absolutely horrendous! I was told by the asst. principal they would not work with me until I put my 5 year old on medication. The PTA is a joke. My son's teacher was more concerned with getting him out of her class than teaching him. I had to fight to get him tested for gifted after a year of telling her he was bored. The was no differentiated curriculum, in fact, she taught the whole class to the lowest, slowest student. She made a point of telling a number of parents they needed to medicate their children so she could 'handle them'. When I did get a 504 plan, she refused to enact it because 'it was too much work for her to have him sit up front'. The principal was never there and passed problems off to the asst principal who was over her head. We have pulled him from that school. in hopes of repairing the damage down to my sons education. Stay far away!! They get good FCAT scores by pushing lower preforming students into homeschooling.

Posted June 17, 2013
Waterford Elementary is pretty terrible. Part of their failures are not their fault. Rapidly changing demographics of the east Orlando area have led to a more 'diverse' population and cultures that do not value education nor discipline. The growth of the area apartments nearby full of transients and single-parent households have greatly contributed to the downfall of this once highly regarded school. The other part of their failures lie solely with the school. 'Teachers' fresh out of UCF that don't understand children nor how to teach. On the flipside, teachers with long tenure and union protection that know they can't be fired no matter what they do. Administrators that play favorites and do nothing when bullying and classroom incidents are reported. The lunchroom at this school is like an urban jungle (its every kid for themselves with no supervision). So glad that I moved my child out of this negative environment. Do your child a favor and consider another school (outside of Orlando if you can).

Posted June 16, 2013
Worst public school. If you can get your child into a different school you should really consider. Spelling gets tossed out after second grade and they believe that it is ok b/c they can use spell checks.

Waterford Elementary School 4

Posted October 11, 2012
Mr. Lindlau is the best thing that has happened to this school in 15 years.

Waterford Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2012
My son received speech services from 2009 to 2011 at Waterford Elementary. His speech pathologist was wonderful! Loved her. However, the front office staff were unfriendly and didn't even greet you. They acted as if they were doing you a favor. Also while waiting for my sons sessions to be completed I overheard on at least three occasions two different teachers ridculing and belittling other kids...Needless to say I sent my child to private school.

Posted March 25, 2012
This school is great. The principal is awesome. He is very open and I have seen his interaction with the students. It is great. His fith grade teacher is super. My son enjoys going to school and is challenged and the meet his educational requirements.

Posted March 24, 2012
My children have been at Waterford for the past 5 years and I could not be happier. We have had amazing teachers and administration. The principal knows all 800 children by name. He is very involved and responds immediately to any questions I have. The school has created classes for children that are excelling to challenge them in new ways. My oldest child was well prepared for middle school. I and my children have been very happy.

Posted December 28, 2011
I Have my son in third grade at Waterford lakes elementary, and I have to say, my disappointment goes above and beyond. His teacher not only does the bare minimum but also has not interest in listening or working with the parents. Also the so call Principal of the school has no intention of helping the kids, when I approach him with concerns about my son education like the lack of spelling, his answer was, that kids don't need to learn spelling anymore since there are computer programs that fix spelling errors. My question is now, are they going to stop teaching math, because there is a magic little box called calculator that does math for you. Answer like that coming from a principal I've never expect. This School lacks of a good principal that does not play favoritism and is in for the children. I am highly disappointed with this school and the rating that has to me is not real. I am not saying all teachers there are bad, but the principal and the 3rd grade teacher that my son has are awful, and I know every other mother from that school had told me she is consider to be the worst teacher in the school. Not worth taking your kids here with that kind of principal.

Waterford Elementary School
11550 Lokanotosa Trail, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified Waterford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waterford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top