Hunters Creek Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 853 students

Posted September 2, 2014

This is a faaaantastic school, very organized, healthy food, friendly teachers and you can see the principal doing things always so everything can run smoothly for parents and kids. I definitely love this school and so my child!!!

Posted April 28, 2014

My son is in 3 grade . He love the school. The teachers know their students. The afterschool activityes were amazing, they try to improved it every year.

Posted April 7, 2014

Hi, Please help me ,as we have shifted to Orlando,i want to join my son in HUNTERS CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL,WE are going to stay in "THE COTTAGES" What is the way pick and drop toschool??????

Posted January 15, 2014

I love this school. From the involvement of the teachers, educational activities and programs offered to the students, focus to make sure the student knows what is require of them as well as the open communication the school and teachers have towards the education of the students, great atmosphere, and all the additional oppportunities student have to get involve in extra curriculum classes after school are great. I love this school and my child does too.

Posted March 7, 2013

My son is in 2nd grade and Ms Graham is incredible. She sends us parents weekly emails just to let us know about what they will be doing in class. My son was new in school so she has been writing explaining everything and making sure my son feels welcomed there. I had never met a more devoted and dedicated teacher. I am so grateful for this school. My son loves it and that is a blessing!

Posted August 8, 2012

I'm very happy with this school. I have two kids; one went last year to kindergarten and the other to fourth grade. They both learned a lot. The school is very organized and has a great faculty staff. The assistant principal is very involved with the discipline of the kids. I love the after school programs. This is a great school, I'm confident my kids are getting a good education. Thanks to everyone who contribute daily to the success this school.

Posted January 4, 2012

My children's teacher have demonstrated to be well organized, have maintained good communication and are concerned about the children in class.

Posted October 25, 2010

I have a child in Kindergarten at this school. I was so excited for him and this school. From the beginning nothing but disappointment. Very little communication from the teacher and when I did get some it was only critical. My child had VPK previously and I'm told he is born but there is little that can be done because the other kids need to catch up. There is only 1 teacher per class of 18-22 and from all the info I receive the teacher is over-whelmed. On top of all of that if you join PTA you are not really joining you are simply supporting the "Board Members", simply PTA members (by the way pay up to $75 to join) may be invited to do some volunteer duties if there are any available. Basically the board members are the involved parents and they need your money. Very disappointed

Posted June 9, 2010

This school is good if your child is learning to speak English, My young children have homework every day and are punished if they do not have it completed by having to miss recess, etc. The children are subject to a very public reward and punishment system that lends itself to much comparison between the students. I expressed my concerns to the principal and she dismissed me and accused me of not supporting my children's education. I told the VP that my child's homework was a rehash of what he had already done in school and that he already knew all the answers and he gave me a real weird look. The recitals and school functions are characterized by unruly parents with no sense of manners who talk throughout the presentations. There is always a mad dash to the snack table after the presentations. The teachers however, are good.

Posted January 25, 2010

The perfect school for our kids, organized, clean, very good teachers, dual-language program is excelent.

Posted August 4, 2008

I've had 4 sons attend this school, so I can say that I've been involved in it for 11 years and I am just very grateful that this is the school my boys got to attend. Robin Geisler is a dedicated, caring and demanding principal, and the teacher staff is wonderful. Highly recommend.

Posted October 18, 2007

I could not be more happy with this school. I have gotten phone calls from both teachers and administrators to tell me how well my son is doing. How many schools call when things are going good? I am blessed to be able to send my children there.

Posted January 26, 2006

I really like the school, they have great activities to promote reading and math along with involvement of the family. They offer music and art classes weekly. I highly recommend this school.

Posted November 18, 2005

Great school, teachers and staff

Posted November 17, 2005

I want to say that Robin Geisler is a great Principal. It's because of leaders like her that our children succeed. We could only hope to find more Principal Like Robin,.

Posted August 19, 2005

My experiences haven't been all that great the first two yrs my child attended was a waste of our time his teachers were poor. The time they get to go outside during the school day is a joke they cna't play basketball,football, catch of any kind because someone might get hurt so what they can go outside & sit around & look at each other that's no fun they need to be able to run around. The PE department doesn't wnat to get a school basketball team because it would take up too much of thier time after school, but they kids want it the other schools have it & the kids just love it. The principal isn't too friendly that I've seen but she does have a difficult job. Lunch is good. Make school a fun enviroment as well as a learning one too much stress on the kids acedemics.

Posted August 14, 2005

It's one of the best school in Orange County. I was very pleased with the principal's leadership. There are some very caring teachers who really make a difference (MS. Carnes, Ms. Poquette, Mr. Tutunick and Ms. Rholf are some of the best teachers there).

Posted April 17, 2005

Academically, HCES sets it's standards high. This is sometimes a shock to first time students/parents to HCES. Committment to education is emphasized by faculty and community. Due to new relief school, the student body consisted of transfers and recent additions to school zone from apartments. Numbers have decreased for total enrollment. Parent involvement is encouraged...however, as students get older parents tend to become less involved. Special areas are excellent at HCES. Would like to see a PRE-K program added.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 29, 2004

Nice School, Great Fourth Grade! We appreciate their support and dedication! Especially, Mrs. Long and Mr. Tutunic. They are willing to go that extra mile! Thanks!

Posted April 13, 2004

Both of my children attended HCES and had incredible teachers and terrific support from other staff members. This school will have its 3rd relief school open next fall and I think that shows that many people want to buy in this community because the school is outstanding.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

158 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

158 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

136 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4650 Town Center Boulevard