860 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Totally overrated. Unfortunately our experience was terrible. I believe orange county hire any person and give them the teacher title. But they believe that they are doing so well!! I think, starting with the principal, and some teachers are better actresses than teacher.Even a lot of kids in this school are rude,badly brought up and spoiled. My suggest to you is don't choose this school for your son.

Amount of homework: Agree

the kids have daily reading.. this is homework as well. Review of the days work is just as good as homework.. Parents should avoid leaving everything to the school.. it is a shared responsibility

Good communication, good standards, excellent teachers. Interaction with admin staff has been limited but helpful and polite. My daughters teacher has changed her life ! High standards.

Develops character: Disagree

No this school is deteriorating, they are rude with parents in from of students, incompetent and teachers feel over powered because they have been teaching there for a long time. They also have preferences with some students who's parents are well known in the community.

Sadly this school has change a lot from last year, I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that this year they have a new principal. Overall the whole school has lowered their standards , staff are very rude to parents, some teachers are mean and sarcastic, and to add to all this turmoil..... The lunch experience is horrible. Lunch ladies scream at kids during lunch , my daughter in first grade feels intimidated by a "lunch lady that has a wistle " it is sad to see how this school is changing and it's becoming a not such desirable place to send our children. If you have a choice please don't send your precious children to this school.

This school is Overrated, I didn't mention in the earlier review. This school is 8 out of 10 only because there are smart Students here. Because Hunter's Creek residents are mostly Professional and Business Owners hence most of the children are smart, there is nothing special that the school staff does that puts them up there. Matter of fact they are very bad at their Job. I am dumbfounded by the ratings and reviews of this school. But than again the 4 and 5 star ratings are from past, the most reviews are the once that really reflect the true school. HORRIBLE SCHOOL AND HORRIBLE PRINCIPLE THATS WHAT THE TRUE HUNTERS CREEK ELEMENTRY IS NOW!!

The EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM IS THE WORST I have ever heard or experienced. It is run by a group of women that have no clue about children or their needs/development (English is also all of their second language, making it difficult for those children that do have English as their first language to understand them). The children are forced to sit at the round tables of the cafeteria and remain quite and seated before school from 7:00-8:15am and after school is not much better...The children are not only not allowed to go outside and play or run off energy, but they are told to keep quite, this after being in school all day. My children also said they were "not allowed" to do homework in aftercare (this being confirmed from multiple other children in the program). To top it off, the children in this program are made to again "sit" in the hallway with their backpacks from 5:00-6:00pm and wait for their parents to pick them up. Meaning...if your not able to get to them by 5:00pm, your child will sit for another hour in silence waiting for you... I was appalled at this! It is not a true after school program and it is definitely NOT run by qualified professionals. I am writing this because I wish someone had told me before I took my children out of their "real" afterschool program and put them thru this. I feel very fortunate to have the option to pull them out and place them back where they belong, in a qualified, nurturing, child-appropriate program. HCES as a whole is a good school but it seems to be declining rapidly. The school grade and rating have dropped in this past year and I have seen a negative difference already this year (this may have something to do with our experience in the Extended day Program). The communication to parents about events and progress is not their strength and could definitely be improved upon. I have a Kindergartener this year and was not excited about all of the Kindergarten classes being housed in the portables. Just an FYI for those of you that have preschoolers zoned for HCES next year. I truly hope that the new principle this year will make the necessary changes and improvements to take HCES back to an A school.

My second grader has been neglected and put in danger! His teacher allowed my child to remain in class with a profusely bleeding nose! He bleed all over himself and floor; this happened early in the morning. She never allowed him to go to nurse and he walked around full of blood all day! Than he had a sports accident and needed immediate use of the rests room ( he had a doctors note) she refused him and he had an accident. I picked up my son full of blood and drenched in urine and the teacher blames him a second grader! I never saw such an iceberg of a person in all my life! The principal choked it up to personality clash????? What does that have to do with anything. Now, as rumors do it spread like wild fires now all the other teachers, harass me or give my husband and I over everything! All I can say I'm lucky I didn't take my son home in a worst state. School has made us miserable, disheartened, and frankly appalled by Hunters creek, I'm scared every time I drop my kids off ; will I get them back happy healthy and in one piece! Horrible feeling for a parent to have toward any school responsible for their child's well being from 8:45 to 3:00. Those of you happy with the school I'm happy for you I hope it continues for you. But this mom is done!

This is a faaaantastic school, very organized, healthy food, friendly teachers and you can see the principal doing things always so everything can run smoothly for parents and kids. I definitely love this school and so my child!!!

My son is in 3 grade . He love the school. The teachers know their students. The afterschool activityes were amazing, they try to improved it every year.

Last modified Hunters Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.