483 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Posted December 18, 2015
We moved from New York 3 years ago and I was worried about the quality of education my daughter would receive here. My daughter is flourishing, not only is she learning so much but the culture here is very kind and makes her feel accepted. This is a wonderful school.

Posted July 06, 2011
I have one child who has attended Sunrise for 3 years now and one about to enter Kindergarten. I have been more than satisfied with all aspects of this school. The school spirit is high among the students, staff, and parents. The academics are appropriate, yet challenging. The PTA works very hard and keeps parents well informed of events, news and available resources. This school has great teachers who seem to really care about the students. Although, Dr. Innis is no longer the principal, due to a promotion, I feel Principal Grove has done an outstanding job of filling her shoes. This has been an "A" rated school for the past 10 years. In addition this year the school made "A+" status by increasing the school grade by 43 points and also met 100% of the criteria for Annual Yearly Progress (AYP). Go Eagles!

Posted August 07, 2010
I have two children at Sunrise and every year has been a GREAT experience for my children. The teachers are academically challenging, the atmosphere is extrememly positive and the parents are very involved in the school. We love Sunrise!!!

Posted April 28, 2010
Great school . . . highest scores in the county . . . lot of family involvement!

Posted October 09, 2009
Faculty and administration that seem to have a high commitment to excellence. They also have a principal who we really like and has added stability and a strong moral foundation to the school.

Posted June 29, 2009
Most of the teachers at this school are wonderful--good learning environment. The administration, mainly the principal, is not so friendly. The school, not the students, is their main concern. If you have an issue with a teacher--good luck! Because the administration will protect the school and staff, at the cost of your child.

Sunrise Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2008
this school was ok on of my children went to sunrise and the other went to waterford i believe that waterford is a better school though becuase the teachers there are so focused on each student and they do everything they can to make the students feel great about themselves

Posted September 17, 2008
We are very lucky that both of our children went to sunrise, It is a great school, great teacher and all parents are very involved.

Posted June 17, 2008
Sunrise is an exceptional elementary school. It is a caring environment where I am happy to send my children. Leadership starts at the top and it is obvious that the spirit of excellence has filtered down to the teachers and everyone that works at Sunrise. What a caring and loving place to educate children!

Sunrise Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2008
We recently moved to Eastwood so I have primarily interacted with two 5th grade teachers. My child has Mrs. Santos and we're thrilled. She creates a warm, nurturing and relaxed classroom environment while still providing an excellent education. Parent participation seems welcome and appreciated and there is open communication. Fabulous teacher. I have also volunteered in Mrs. Rolon's class and find her to have similar qualities. As a new student, my child was made to feel welcome. She has excelled-however, the homework can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Our experience with other parents is probably typical of most schools in this area. Most are friendly and some are rather cliquish. My only real issue concerns pick-up security. It seems a bit loose - though I don't believe that there has ever been a problem. Overall, a great neighborhood school that we will miss next year.

101 Lone Palm Road, Orlando, FL  32828
Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top