483 students|Orange

Bad
Good

This school year will be our 4th year at Sunrise. We moved from Mexico 4 years ago and I thought because of the language barrier my children would have a hard time. Speaking only Spanish the first year at school my children did great! They have had wonderful teachers who have helped my boys to now be on honor roll for the past 2 years .Staff is very kind and always willing to help you. This school definitely looks for the best interest of their students and we feel blessed to be apart of this school. Thank you Sunrise Staff. We are so excited to see what the new year brings!

We moved from New York 3 years ago and I was worried about the quality of education my daughter would receive here. My daughter is flourishing, not only is she learning so much but the culture here is very kind and makes her feel accepted. This is a wonderful school.

I have one child who has attended Sunrise for 3 years now and one about to enter Kindergarten. I have been more than satisfied with all aspects of this school. The school spirit is high among the students, staff, and parents. The academics are appropriate, yet challenging. The PTA works very hard and keeps parents well informed of events, news and available resources. This school has great teachers who seem to really care about the students. Although, Dr. Innis is no longer the principal, due to a promotion, I feel Principal Grove has done an outstanding job of filling her shoes. This has been an "A" rated school for the past 10 years. In addition this year the school made "A+" status by increasing the school grade by 43 points and also met 100% of the criteria for Annual Yearly Progress (AYP). Go Eagles!

I have two children at Sunrise and every year has been a GREAT experience for my children. The teachers are academically challenging, the atmosphere is extrememly positive and the parents are very involved in the school. We love Sunrise!!!

Great school . . . highest scores in the county . . . lot of family involvement!

Faculty and administration that seem to have a high commitment to excellence. They also have a principal who we really like and has added stability and a strong moral foundation to the school.

Most of the teachers at this school are wonderful--good learning environment. The administration, mainly the principal, is not so friendly. The school, not the students, is their main concern. If you have an issue with a teacher--good luck! Because the administration will protect the school and staff, at the cost of your child.

this school was ok on of my children went to sunrise and the other went to waterford i believe that waterford is a better school though becuase the teachers there are so focused on each student and they do everything they can to make the students feel great about themselves

We are very lucky that both of our children went to sunrise, It is a great school, great teacher and all parents are very involved.

Sunrise is an exceptional elementary school. It is a caring environment where I am happy to send my children. Leadership starts at the top and it is obvious that the spirit of excellence has filtered down to the teachers and everyone that works at Sunrise. What a caring and loving place to educate children!

Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.