219 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I attended lake eola charter from 6th-8th grade. I had a rough home life and absolutely hated going to school because the teachers definitely showed extreme favoritism. If you're a family that doesn't have a lot of money and if you struggle academically they don't seek to help out they punish. I don't recommend this school by any stretch of the imagination.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Does this school effectively deal with bullying? Definitely not, the administration and science department have got to be some of the biggest bullies at the institution.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I had an extremely tough time with my learning disability at this school. I didn't recieve additional support and to this day suffer. I wish I could've had a bit more say in my education as a child because this place doesn't deserve to impress upon any young minds.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

are the teachers effective? absolutely not. As a prior student if you can't keep up they leave you behind.

My impression as a parent, meeting the director was very cold and unpleasant. I can say she is a bit rude. It seems the school wants only "gifted kids" and its a way to keep an image of an A school. My experience was not positive and the follow up was negative,,,, but if they want you they will follow....

Develops character: Neutral

I don't think it's fair on new students. My son was selected on the lottery and then he was rejected because he had an IEP....I waited some communication since they said "lets see what we do with this case"... they never called back or offer keeping his space, just no communication. Very disappointing

I called this school and asked to speak to the Principal. I did not have the Principal's name because they do not list it on their website. The receptionist would not transfer me to the Principal without speaking to her about the reason for my call. Not sure what is going on at this school where you can't even have a conversation with the Principal.

My kids have attended this school for 2 years now and comming from public school I can tell you that there is a difference. The public school teachers do try to make a difference but they have to deal with alot of issues ranging from over crowded class rooms, low wages, no communication with parents amongst other things. Their classes end up being daycares. The difference here is that the teachers have the support of the parents as well as the support of a great principle that helps them in anyway she can so that the teachers may focus on educating their students. Its true the staff may seem demanding at times but I know so is the real world, when my kids leave lecs I know that they will be truly prepared for what life has in store for them. We are greatful for the education that LECS provides for their students. By the way rats and birdpoop really?? Lame

Whoever is answering the phones is rude and is quick to rush off of the phone. As a potential parent this is a turnoff. It is also unimpressive that this school feels a school nurse is not an essential position. Are you relying upon the same very busy person on the phone to play school nurse?

To top all of this LECS is mostly best in education. School it self is not so good. Well in most schools there are EC(extra curriculum) programs. On 2009 the school cut half of the programs. From Computer, odessy of the mind, and many others. Later, starting on 2011 the school cut fencing. 2012, community service club was cut. Now the current clubs are student and teacher made clubs Secondly, the students. LECS has magnificent students . Some students are very smart but have disabilities like ADHD, ADD, and others. Those kids are very bright and end up in advanced classes. But some teachers encourage students to not really interact with them in classes they aren't very strong at. Stupidly some student use those kids as references in speeches and projects about disabled and mentally disabled people, exclude them in activities, use their disadvantages as another student's advantage. All though those kids are smart they suffer. The only the principal of the school does is lecture them, make them miss out on classes, and give them medicine Science class is the most diverse classes ever.Science fair is mandatory due to school needing funds

Last modified Lake Eola Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.