Posted January 31, 2014
My kids have attended this school for 2 years now and comming from public school I can tell you that there is a difference. The public school teachers do try to make a difference but they have to deal with alot of issues ranging from over crowded class rooms, low wages, no communication with parents amongst other things. Their classes end up being daycares. The difference here is that the teachers have the support of the parents as well as the support of a great principle that helps them in anyway she can so that the teachers may focus on educating their students. Its true the staff may seem demanding at times but I know so is the real world, when my kids leave lecs I know that they will be truly prepared for what life has in store for them. We are greatful for the education that LECS provides for their students. By the way rats and birdpoop really?? Lame

Posted December 13, 2013
Whoever is answering the phones is rude and is quick to rush off of the phone. As a potential parent this is a turnoff. It is also unimpressive that this school feels a school nurse is not an essential position. Are you relying upon the same very busy person on the phone to play school nurse?

Posted July 30, 2013
To top all of this LECS is mostly best in education. School it self is not so good. Well in most schools there are EC(extra curriculum) programs. On 2009 the school cut half of the programs. From Computer, odessy of the mind, and many others. Later, starting on 2011 the school cut fencing. 2012, community service club was cut. Now the current clubs are student and teacher made clubs Secondly, the students. LECS has magnificent students . Some students are very smart but have disabilities like ADHD, ADD, and others. Those kids are very bright and end up in advanced classes. But some teachers encourage students to not really interact with them in classes they aren't very strong at. Stupidly some student use those kids as references in speeches and projects about disabled and mentally disabled people, exclude them in activities, use their disadvantages as another student's advantage. All though those kids are smart they suffer. The only the principal of the school does is lecture them, make them miss out on classes, and give them medicine Science class is the most diverse classes ever.Science fair is mandatory due to school needing funds

Posted April 20, 2012
I have been attending LECS since kindergarten and I'm currently in 8th grade. Honestly even though there's a bunch of bird poop and rats here the academics is what matters the most. Last year the 8th graders made 2nd place in the state in writing F-CAT. The staff is definitely NOT racist. Everyone participates in a silent read-in every year in honor of MLK. I LOVE this school and i believe that if you have a chance sign your child up immediately!

Posted August 27, 2011
LECS is a wonderful school that consistently out-performs traditional Florida schools. There are many projects, which are a great aid in learning, but they are not the sole basis for grading - there are many assessments that are not subjective, and the grading system is the most comprehensive that I have ever encountered. Last year LECS 3rd graders out performed all others in Orange county on the FCATs. Sounds like what they are doing is working! I am very pleased to have been lucky enough to get my daughter into a school that is not just "teaching to the FCATs", where a family atmosphere is fostered, and most everyone seems to share a "pride in ownership". The staff is very open to suggestions from both parents and students. My child did not start school at LECS in kindergarten, but this group is incredible. The principal sends post cards, parents help each other, and there are volunteer "new family liaisons" to help with transitions. I have never witnessed racism (as in local public schools), and our LECS "family" is quite diverse in race religion, and thought. Character education and community service are major concentrations at this little school with a huge heart!

Posted August 26, 2011
So 4 days into a new year and someone posts that our little diverse school that could is racist?? Yes it is better to get in on the ground floor, but it is a priveledge to "win the lottery"! the teaching standards and staff are incredible and only want the best for the children!

Posted August 26, 2011
this school is great for students that started in kindergarten. most of the grades are based on projects and are subjective.. they march to thier own drum which is not always a good thing. Also caters to the children that parents contribute to the school.Also administration appears to be selective and racist.

Posted June 20, 2011
In reading what seems like most of the posts, I am quite surprised. I can see a degree of truth regarding some of the negative comments, but I cannot agree with the extreme tone conveyed. My daughter has been at LECS since kindergarten and she is heading into 8th grade. We love LECS. The school is and will always be a part of the fabric of our lives. The teachers are committed to the children, which is reflected in their performance, attitudes, and confidence. The school has been a blessing to us. If in reality the problems are worse than how we actually see them, then I will say that my daughter s education has not been adversely effected. Instead we have watched her develop into a capable, high performing student.

Posted June 19, 2011
Check every school in Orange County, our FCAT scores are beyond the norm. Yes the facilty is lacking, but what is accomplished by the teachers and staff is truly miraculous! Our 3rd grades tested the highest in the county is ALL elementary schools, VERY impressive. Go watch "Looking for Superman" and see what education is lacking in this country and then see how much is done FOR LESS, with RESULTS!!

Posted May 10, 2011
There are so many benchmarks left to cover, teachers are rushing through without care as to whether or not students are actually learning the material. Teachers have actually told students they need to get through the material (so they can check off that they covered it) and have no time to actually TEACH the material. No different than the public school we left.

Lake Eola Charter School
135 North Magnolia Avenue, Orlando, FL  32801
Last modified Lake Eola Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Eola Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 102 reviews.