Orlando, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted March 03, 2013
Excellent school, my son have been there for 3rd, 4th & 5th grade and had all awesome teachers and a great experience. Very clean & nice building, & well organized faculty.

Posted January 28, 2012
My kid started his school life in Riverdale, and now he is in First grade. We consider ourselves fortunate to have this school during the formative years of our only child. The KG teacher had been remarkable -- a sophisticated, knowledgeable, deep person with lots of compassion. The first grade teacher is also nice, and pushes the student to achieve more and more. And the principal Sean Maguire is a fantastic unassuming person -- always active with the kids and the parents. The parent-teacher interaction is superb in this school.

Posted April 06, 2011
The teachers seem very happy here, and I think that is important. My K-5 experience at Riverdale has been truly wonderful. The teachers were very communicative, always responsive to my e-mails. One teacher that seemed inexperienced did not return the next year, so that was good. I didn't connect with the 3rd grade teachers, but my daughter was happy with them and they always swiftly answered my questions/emails. Grade 5 has been outstanding, my daughter is very happy with her instructors. They have a real committment to art & music, which I am sure has been threatened by budget cuts, so cudos to Riverdale for hanging on to these important intangibles. You will see the same few very involved parents (mostly moms) that are very involved, but largely I think the parents are absent or don't speak English very well.

Posted June 09, 2010
My son loves going to Riverdale Elementary everyday,The staff and teachers are great and so helpful ...

Posted August 03, 2008
I have been a parent whose children have attened and still attend Riverdale. My son has attened since kinder and is now graduation the 5th grade this year ,my daughters are now attending the 2nd grade. I have been nothing by pleased by the faculty and leadeership of this school. The teachers are always willing to go the extra mile. The PTA has been great the past 3 yrs very involed with the school and it's progress to better the surrounding our children are in each day. They support the teachers to make them feel special and have done may projects for the school to make a better enviorment for it's students and faculty.

Posted June 22, 2008
Riverdale has been my home for 7 years now and I don't want to ever go to another school! The faculty and office staff make it enjoyable to go to work each day. Not to mention the students... every classroom is going to have some behavior problems and some low achievers, but I make sure that every child has been listened to, spoken to, praised, and pushed academically each day. There is a reason for our school mission... 'Our mission is to grow academically, emotionally, socially, physically, and artistically to the best of our ability.' Ask any teacher, student, and most parents and they can recite it! Some parents disagree with the way that Mrs. Boyd runs the school, but 99% of the time it is because they did not get their way. She is famous for backing her teachers (cause she only hires the best!).

Riverdale Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2008
The principal is very judgemental with the students. Mrs Boyd keeps the parents out of the loop through alot of situations. This school has no guidance counseling, nor they have 5th grade gratuations. The teachers are great but like stated outherwise not enough parent interaction allowed.

Riverdale Elementary School 0

Posted July 10, 2007
Riverdale is an excellent school. The teachers are committed and the principal is involved. If more schools were like Riverdale, I doubt there would be such a shortage in teachers. The fifth grade teachers are particularly wonderful.

Posted May 16, 2007
My son transferred to Riverdale a couple months before the end of the year but I am very impressed with the school. I look forward to a full year there for him next year.

Posted May 07, 2007
This is a clean nice school however, the curriculum is not very up to speed at all. I do not believe they push the children to maximize their potential. Due to lack of family involvement as well I am sure the teachers get frustrated of babysitting instead of teaching. My son enjoyed fun Fridays. I was not pleased with the aftercare crew who are young ladies who really do not watch over the children carefully or notice fights. So lack of discipline and awareness is a problem.

Riverdale Elementary School
11301 Lokanotosa Trail, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified Riverdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top