Orlando, FL

Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
I agree with the parent of finding recess time used as punishment. It is not fair. My son was has been using his recess to makeup exams, or homework and this applies thru eighth grade.Tuition and lunch prices are higher than in any other school, definitely not worth it, I am taking my kid out as soon as I can.

Posted August 16, 2013
Agree with the post below. In less than 2 yrs. Dr. Bernard has accomplished so much. We have a sport court and will be using IPADS soon. Also, like the previous post stated, she did not tolerate teachers doing what they wanted and tagging along (not all of course) . She is getting the school were it needs to be. The best it has been in many years I've been part of this community. We needed this change. Excited about what's to come!

Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School 4

Posted July 22, 2013
St Charles has had to recover from an administration that was content to let the teachers dictate policy as well as coast along...dr. Pam Bernard's has been a God send to this community. She is forward thnking and dedicated to making the school a fantastic place. They are not there yet, but she has had an uphill climb. She has brought in new teachers who were not part of the old culture as well as retaining those who really want to be there. Ms. Patchett in the middle school is an example of someone dedicated to giving the kids an education that they will remember. Please look into the school is your kids like to "work Hard, play hard and pray hard" as this is a Catholic school( not that others are excluded!) If you plan on your children attending Bishop Moore, please realize that we share a campus and that that allows our kids to feel so very comfortable when making the transition as well as giving st Charles access to technology and other resources we may not otherwise have!

Posted July 06, 2013
It is unfortunate that the guidance department did not provide the support needed under past administration. Based on my experience, current administration deals with the bullying immediately and will talk the students and families involved. I will continue to support the principal, Dr. Bernards and St. Charles as they become a strong leader in Catholic education in Orlando.

Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School 1

Posted July 05, 2013
I was one of the parents that decided to leave this school prior to new administration. The issue that was the deciding factor for us was the bullying by the middle school aged girls. I found this ironic as the focus of the Orlando Diocese at the time was to address bullying. The only resolution offered was from the guidance department: "I think we should just let the girls work it out amongst themselves". I was a difficult decision to pull my child out mid-year but she flourished at her new school and it turned out to be the best decision we ever made.

Posted June 20, 2013
Our youngest daughter started preschool at St. Charles this year. We loved it so much that we are starting our three other children at the school this fall. I don't know much about the "changes" mentioned in previous posts, but I have been really impressed with the administration, the staff, and the students at St. Charles. I love the warm, caring environment, and I felt at home the minute I walked on the campus. Our kids are excellent students who can't wait to embark on their new school journey. We look forward to being part of the St. Charles' family. Go Bulldogs!

Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
St. Charles is a great community. If you are looking for a diverse, welcoming and loving environment then it is a great place. The administration treats all students individually! Our three sons love it at St Charles. GO Bulldogs!

Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School 3

Posted February 25, 2013
I have been pleased with the changes taking place at St. Charles. There seems to be a renewed sense of pride in the school and a determination to make improvements in the curriculum and different programs offered. I do like the new aftercare program. As a working parent, having my child's homework done (and checked by a teacher) is wonderful. My one concern is the enrollment. I would love to see two classes per grade but don't feel like that will happen soon. I hope the numbers will grow as people stop by and look at what is going on at the school.

Posted January 08, 2013
St Charles has a friendly atmosphere like no other. My kids absolutely love going to school. From lower to higher grade students know each other, making the school a very comfortable place to be. The problem with the enrollment started before the new administration came and didn't stop because families who stayed are frightened by the scenario. Yes, the school is facing a time of challenge and cannot offer the same stability those other Catholic schools where nothing like this is happening, no bumps in the road. Our new administration is focused on a brighter future, has goals to achieve and cannot afford to please everyone all the time. I also have my moments of panic, but I understand that when we are remodeling, the house gets ugly in the process. What could be so bad that it is justified to take our children from school? They will all end up together at Bishop More after all and I have never heard that students from St Charles were delayed in comparison to students from other schools anyway. Let's give to our new administration some space so they can do their job, support our school and actually embrace this change.

Posted January 06, 2013
One of the positive changes at St. Charles is the new and improved Aftercare Program. The staff is very professional and very qualified. The kids are in a safe and caring environment. And the best part is (at least for working parents) that there is time each day to get homework done. The staff is very dedicated to helping the kids get their work done. Of course there is play time too. My son never wants to leave when I pick him up because he's having so much fun! The school also offers all day aftercare when the school is closed for teacher work days or holidays. That's such a relief for working parents! The aftercare staff is working on plans for a new and improved Summer Camp too. I can't wait to hear all about it! My son will definitely be there for the summer!

Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School
4005 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL  32804
Last modified Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Saint Charles Borromeo Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top