PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Great school. Excellent teachers and staff. The teachers really are about the students. Great school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Yes this is addressed and I would agree they watch and monitor this.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Agree with this from my experience. The teachers help students at all levels.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership is very good at this school. Mr. Dees is great.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Agree completely with this. Love how they teach the Bible and help kids understand.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My experience is that the teacher my daughter had was one of the best she's ever had in other schools. Her teacher was caring and very good with her students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is on par with other schools.

The school keeps going down hill. Went from 12-13 students to a class last year to 21-22 kids a class this year. The office is a very disorganized mess. If you have a child with special needs or you have a child who needs to be challanged this is not the school for them. Very few good teachers at this school. :(

Great new year. Many positive changes. Teachers and administration stick to the rules. I have never been so happy being in this school as I am this year. Great job Pastor and Tim and teachers.

After reading the negative reviews I decided not to take my children here since all that care about is money. But then two years ago a friend told me how this school has been getting better and the reviews are not as accurate as what it says. since I trust my friend I placed them in this school. I do agree that there's some areas that need work. but there are awesome teachers here. The school is looking nicer. The office is more organized. Changes are constantly being made to figure out what works better. Now I want to say is that I'm glad I took my children here. My children has good teachers. They teach and are patient. I can't wait to get my children's report card because they have been learning so much. Thanks you Mrs. Roman , middle school teachers and Mrs. Renada. This school is worth every penny and more. Thank you Mr.Tim and staff for all the hard work. I'm a proud parent of Downey and I'm glad this school has great leaders. My middle & high schoolers look up to you and I appreciate that you speak to them with respect that's why they respect you. Not every child has a role model to look up to mine looks up to you Thank you .

Last modified Downey Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12