Downey Christian School 4

Posted April 19, 2015
My son has been with Downey for 3 years now. His day starts with a prayer , he could recite the 10 commandments and several bible verses . This year my son learned to play recorder , played soccer and even participated in the spelling bee. His stanford testing last year placed him way above the state and national level . The school even assigned a tutor to his class to help those who are struggling in reading , phonics and math. His teachers are all well trained and skilled and also disciplinarian. It is tough sometimes but they are there to discipline my kid and teach him positive , Christian values. If you need help the people in the office are always there to assist. The school is not perfect but no organization is perfect. My son is returning for next school year and I even asked my relative to move to Downey. I'm hopeful and excited for next school year because the administration has been making positive changes .

Posted April 15, 2015
I am a alumni of Downey christian school and a former employee who worked with many our the children who went thru this school and I am sad to see how it has changed from my time there to a institution that was guided by great teachers and faculty and great children to just another school worse than public school .god was so much a part of this school in years past and now its full of thugs and no disciple .even the summer camp program has been run down and killed by the so called administration and it breaks my heart .when I started at Downey back in late 88 it was a pinnacle of east Orlando with standards and now I would send my son to McDonalds now to learn before dcs so please pray for that school.

Downey Christian School 2

Posted January 25, 2015
This is a HORRIBLE school! The only reason I gave 2 star was because of my child's teacher who is AMAZING. The school as a whole is very unorganized and more interested in money then educating the children.

Posted September 25, 2014
What a delightful school. Growing and exciting, Downey is offering our children a wonderful education. My student was depressed, failing and hated school. On the Progress Report he got his first "B" in years. That smile is priceless.

Posted August 17, 2014
Wonderful school that not only accommodates children's IEP in assisting them and does all they can to ensure that they've taught the students what they need to learn. My children score between 2 to 5 years over their grade nationwide in the standardized testing. I think that speaks volume about the quality of education they offer. Also, I love that they have two different settings with two different curriculum, it's like having two schools in one. Thank you Pastor Dees, Mr. Tim Dees, Tara, teachers and office personnel for all you have done in assisting my family and your continued dedication on bettering Downey Christian School every year.

Posted May 05, 2014
DCS is not a good school at all. No organization,no structure, no equipment, kids are not learning anything at all they just want money they can care less about anything else at all. Before we register the kids in that school, we especifically told the administration that we didn't have the money to be able to pay the monthly payment. At that time they asked me how much I can pay and told the $400/month and they state that it was fine, no for me to worry about it. Now they want their entire monthly payment and at this point they are refusing to release the kids report cards. Even they change my son's elective and his elective is cleaning the dining room and take out the trash everyday. Please don't put your kids in this school.!!

Posted January 30, 2013
horrible this school should be shut down completely. no organization none no teaching skills at all, kids are not learning anything at all they just want money they can care less about anything else at all. my 7th grader hasn't learned a thing my 9th grader either and they never requested their records from their previous school. and it's been over 5 months this is ridiculous. run for the hills do not I repeat do not come here going to check with the public schools today to see if they can get in there now and be okay. there is no Dean,principle, and some of the so called teachers are not certified how the world. they change admadministrators like nothing and guess what they are not certified.

Posted August 30, 2012
Not a good school. If there is an academic issue with your child. The school is not prepared to teach your child. Public school is a better option than DCS.

Posted August 25, 2011
I am greatful for all of the thoughts about DCS. You see not everyone can be happy. If you have atteneded DCS and did not like it I am very sorry. But DCS has had a great record for 35 years, and we will continue with the Lord's help. We have a great staff of teachers this year who care and are considerate of the students well being! We have tradtional as well as learning centers for parents and students to pick from for students to learn. I agree that the facilities need some work and we are as I write this making great strides for our campus. Our goal at DCS is to make sure our students have a sense of being taught the Word of GOD and have a great Education as well. We also have Dual Enrollment with Valencia College as well. God Bless and have a great day!

Posted July 27, 2011
Do not send your children here. Please read all reviews. Not a positive environment. Discipline is inconsistent. School seems money motivated. Multiple family members employed , attend, and administrate school. Favoritism is prevalent among staff, students, and parents. Education is sub standard and will not prepare your child. Check the rating for nearby public schools. Facilities are outdated and dilapidated. Technology is outdated.. Very few elective courses and poor sports program. Some teachers seem to care and do make a difference but administration seems to work against its teachers. Staff seems un coordinated and abusive toward children, staff and parents at times. Not a christian atmosphere. Office staff seems rude at times and rarely return calls in a timely manner if at all. BEWARE: absent teachers have at times been temporarily replaced by older strudent. In summary i think you will find this is one of the poorest private schools in all the county. Even surrounding public schools surpass this one in quality at all levels.

Downey Christian School
10201 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified Downey Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Downey Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top