PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school keeps going down hill. Went from 12-13 students to a class last year to 21-22 kids a class this year. The office is a very disorganized mess. If you have a child with special needs or you have a child who needs to be challanged this is not the school for them. Very few good teachers at this school. :(

Great new year. Many positive changes. Teachers and administration stick to the rules. I have never been so happy being in this school as I am this year. Great job Pastor and Tim and teachers.

After reading the negative reviews I decided not to take my children here since all that care about is money. But then two years ago a friend told me how this school has been getting better and the reviews are not as accurate as what it says. since I trust my friend I placed them in this school. I do agree that there's some areas that need work. but there are awesome teachers here. The school is looking nicer. The office is more organized. Changes are constantly being made to figure out what works better. Now I want to say is that I'm glad I took my children here. My children has good teachers. They teach and are patient. I can't wait to get my children's report card because they have been learning so much. Thanks you Mrs. Roman , middle school teachers and Mrs. Renada. This school is worth every penny and more. Thank you Mr.Tim and staff for all the hard work. I'm a proud parent of Downey and I'm glad this school has great leaders. My middle & high schoolers look up to you and I appreciate that you speak to them with respect that's why they respect you. Not every child has a role model to look up to mine looks up to you Thank you .

Develops character: Agree

Everyone is involved. When there's a problem, they meet with parents and students to get to the bottom of the situation. They listen.

This is a HORRIBLE school! The only reason I gave 2 star was because of my child's teacher who is AMAZING. The school as a whole is very unorganized and more interested in money then educating the children.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

This school doesn't coordinate IEP nor do they offer it at this school if a child is in need of one. I have been given false hope time-after-time: my child has even been taken into a field trip with my permission. I believe my child's safety and security at this school is irrelevant to the administration/staff. This school is has teachers that are not certified teachers not educated or trained in anything having to do with child care.

My son has been with Downey for 3 years now. His day starts with a prayer , he could recite the 10 commandments and several bible verses . This year my son learned to play recorder , played soccer and even participated in the spelling bee. His stanford testing last year placed him way above the state and national level . The school even assigned a tutor to his class to help those who are struggling in reading , phonics and math. His teachers are all well trained and skilled and also disciplinarian. It is tough sometimes but they are there to discipline my kid and teach him positive , Christian values. If you need help the people in the office are always there to assist. The school is not perfect but no organization is perfect. My son is returning for next school year and I even asked my relative to move to Downey. I'm hopeful and excited for next school year because the administration has been making positive changes .

I am a alumni of Downey christian school and a former employee who worked with many our the children who went thru this school and I am sad to see how it has changed from my time there to a institution that was guided by great teachers and faculty and great children to just another school worse than public school .god was so much a part of this school in years past and now its full of thugs and no disciple .even the summer camp program has been run down and killed by the so called administration and it breaks my heart .when I started at Downey back in late 88 it was a pinnacle of east Orlando with standards and now I would send my son to McDonalds now to learn before dcs so please pray for that school.

What a delightful school. Growing and exciting, Downey is offering our children a wonderful education. My student was depressed, failing and hated school. On the Progress Report he got his first "B" in years. That smile is priceless.

Wonderful school that not only accommodates children's IEP in assisting them and does all they can to ensure that they've taught the students what they need to learn. My children score between 2 to 5 years over their grade nationwide in the standardized testing. I think that speaks volume about the quality of education they offer. Also, I love that they have two different settings with two different curriculum, it's like having two schools in one. Thank you Pastor Dees, Mr. Tim Dees, Tara, teachers and office personnel for all you have done in assisting my family and your continued dedication on bettering Downey Christian School every year.

Last modified Downey Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12