Posted September 25, 2014
What a delightful school. Growing and exciting, Downey is offering our children a wonderful education. My student was depressed, failing and hated school. On the Progress Report he got his first "B" in years. That smile is priceless.

Posted August 17, 2014
Wonderful school that not only accommodates children's IEP in assisting them and does all they can to ensure that they've taught the students what they need to learn. My children score between 2 to 5 years over their grade nationwide in the standardized testing. I think that speaks volume about the quality of education they offer. Also, I love that they have two different settings with two different curriculum, it's like having two schools in one. Thank you Pastor Dees, Mr. Tim Dees, Tara, teachers and office personnel for all you have done in assisting my family and your continued dedication on bettering Downey Christian School every year.

Posted May 05, 2014
DCS is not a good school at all. No organization,no structure, no equipment, kids are not learning anything at all they just want money they can care less about anything else at all. Before we register the kids in that school, we especifically told the administration that we didn't have the money to be able to pay the monthly payment. At that time they asked me how much I can pay and told the $400/month and they state that it was fine, no for me to worry about it. Now they want their entire monthly payment and at this point they are refusing to release the kids report cards. Even they change my son's elective and his elective is cleaning the dining room and take out the trash everyday. Please don't put your kids in this school.!!

Posted January 30, 2013
horrible this school should be shut down completely. no organization none no teaching skills at all, kids are not learning anything at all they just want money they can care less about anything else at all. my 7th grader hasn't learned a thing my 9th grader either and they never requested their records from their previous school. and it's been over 5 months this is ridiculous. run for the hills do not I repeat do not come here going to check with the public schools today to see if they can get in there now and be okay. there is no Dean,principle, and some of the so called teachers are not certified how the world. they change admadministrators like nothing and guess what they are not certified.

Posted August 30, 2012
Not a good school. If there is an academic issue with your child. The school is not prepared to teach your child. Public school is a better option than DCS.

Posted August 25, 2011
I am greatful for all of the thoughts about DCS. You see not everyone can be happy. If you have atteneded DCS and did not like it I am very sorry. But DCS has had a great record for 35 years, and we will continue with the Lord's help. We have a great staff of teachers this year who care and are considerate of the students well being! We have tradtional as well as learning centers for parents and students to pick from for students to learn. I agree that the facilities need some work and we are as I write this making great strides for our campus. Our goal at DCS is to make sure our students have a sense of being taught the Word of GOD and have a great Education as well. We also have Dual Enrollment with Valencia College as well. God Bless and have a great day!

Posted July 27, 2011
Do not send your children here. Please read all reviews. Not a positive environment. Discipline is inconsistent. School seems money motivated. Multiple family members employed , attend, and administrate school. Favoritism is prevalent among staff, students, and parents. Education is sub standard and will not prepare your child. Check the rating for nearby public schools. Facilities are outdated and dilapidated. Technology is outdated.. Very few elective courses and poor sports program. Some teachers seem to care and do make a difference but administration seems to work against its teachers. Staff seems un coordinated and abusive toward children, staff and parents at times. Not a christian atmosphere. Office staff seems rude at times and rarely return calls in a timely manner if at all. BEWARE: absent teachers have at times been temporarily replaced by older strudent. In summary i think you will find this is one of the poorest private schools in all the county. Even surrounding public schools surpass this one in quality at all levels.

Posted May 18, 2011
DCS is one of the best private schools in Orange County. This is my childs 1st year at DCS. I love the school. My childs teacher is great, the staff is excellent, and the overall process is a breeze. My child has learned so much at DCS. I never would have thought that a second grader would learn the 50 states in less than 20 seconds or the 44 presidents. I'm extremely happy with this school and can't wait to see what God has planned for the remainder of the time for my child at DCS! Thank you Miss T, Jennie, Andrew, Tara, and Pastor!

Downey Christian School 4

Posted October 17, 2010
Downey Christian School is well intentioned, but has several shortcomings. Discipline is inconsistent as teachers try to maintain a standard and I have personally seen OFFICE STAFF rip up correction notices, and its leading to parents who seem to think they can get their child out of punishment as long as they complain loud enough. NEWS FLASH: your kid may be an angel at home, but I guarantee you thats not the case in school. This is a SELF Paced curriculum. If your child comes in with the preconceived notion that they can get away with every little thing and not do their work, their work IS NOT GOING TO GET DONE. With no respect from the office staff, or the parents, teachers are constantly fighting a battle when they could be assisting your children. This quickly wears them down and its YOUR CHILD that suffers.

Posted September 21, 2010
my child has add and was given a mckay scholarship. we enrolled her in downey christian and their tuition is listed on there info sheets in the office. mckay pays over 1000.00 more than the price listed, i also have to pay 200.00 for admin fees at the begining of the school year and was told that once the check came in i would be reimbursed that did not happen. i questioned the extra money paid by mckay and they said it's for tutoring and my child does not get tutored and she hardly gets help from the lazy teachers. the kids score their own work , check-ups , tests ect.. at that time if they fail the test the teacher will check the whole pace.if a child has a scholarship because of a disability why do they do all the work and the teachers sit and do nothing.

Downey Christian School
10201 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified Downey Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Downey Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top