Orlando, FL
Students enrolled: 1,950

Posted April 29, 2015
I have a child at the lower school and one in the middle school of LHPS. Thus far I have been very happy with the academics and many extracurricular activities offered at this school. Because of a couple of previous posts that I read, I would like to add that the faculty and administration care about the kids. One of my children was bullied by another child, but the teacher dealt with the problem immediately and successfully. When one of my children was ill, both the coach and dean reached out to me personally to ask if there was anything they could do to help. I understand not every school can suit every child, but my family has been happy with this fine school.

Posted April 24, 2015
My child has attended LHP since kindergarten. She is now in 6th grade and her academic achievements are outstanding. It's a demanding school academically but isn't that what a college preparatory school is all about? The arts are beyond anything Orlando has to offer. Do some teachers play favorites? Yes, but that is true in any school. Most of the teachers are top notch as evidenced by my child's performance on the standardized tests. I highly recommend LHP.

Posted April 08, 2015
Lake Highland is an extraordinary school. National Award winning Intel Science Winner, National Bright House STEM Winner, State runner up Speech and Debate Team, award winning Robotics team, honored Band and Strings students-just to name a few things. Lake Highland is truly a school that offers every opportunity for your child to find their passion.
5 people found this helpful

Lake Highland Preparatory School 2

Posted March 23, 2015
LHP has been a great school for one of my kids but not so much for the other 2. It is a Mean Girls school with average academics. Bright kids will shine as they would at any school. I find it strange that there were 9 "awesome" reviews posted on the same day March 9,2015. No doubt there was a meeting where parents were encouraged to post. Not a surprise from LHP.

Posted March 09, 2015
I had two children who went to Lake Highland from kindergarten through high school. I cannot imagine a better educational experience. The academics were excellent, the athletics were competitive and helped build character, and the opportunities for significant extracurricular activities were unparalleled. As a result of the academic preparation, both children were accepted by and graduated from two of the most selective universities in the world, and their academic success rested on the foundation they built at Lake Highland. The teachers are uniformly great - they know their subjects intimately, they are inspiring, and they love to teach. The dedication of the faculty is reflected in the range of superior programs they operate outside the formal classrooms. The debate team is consistently among the best in the country, the high-school science research program generates students who excel in international science competitions, the drama and music programs are spectacular, and the Leadership Academy fosters strong, moral leaders. I can recommend Lake Highland unconditionally to any parent who wants to prepare his child for lifelong success.
12 people found this helpful

Posted March 09, 2015
My three children attended and graduated from Lake Highland Preparatory School. Our experience was better than we could have ever hoped for our children. The faculty, students and relationships that my children formed in lower school, middle school, upper school and through the arts and sports is a strong and lasting bond to this day. My wife and I are grateful for the opportunities LHP offered our children.
7 people found this helpful

Posted March 09, 2015
We love Lake Highland! My daughter graduated from Lake Highland fully prepared; she went on to earn a teaching degree from FSU and just recently, a Master's degree in Theatre Education from NYU. Lake Highland has many wonderful things that recommend it--facilities, programs, a feeling of strong community--but most importantly the school has an outstanding faculty who teach, inspire and care.
8 people found this helpful

Posted March 09, 2015
Lake Highland is the perfect school for our family. We have three children with diverse academic, athletic and artistic interests. The curriculum allows students to select from three levels (AP, Honors and College Prep) of academic study in each course. For example, it is possible to take a college prep (non-honors) world language course while taking an AP math class. Other prep schools and the IB program do not allow this. It's all or nothing when it comes to a rigorous academic schedule. Lake Highland offers the best facilities and athletic trainers for its student athletes. There are many athletic offerings for boys and girls and truly something for anyone wishing to get involved in sports. For the student interested in the arts, there are high quality programs offered in drama, band, voice, dance and the fine arts. Lake Highland's environment supports involvement in diverse interests if a student desires. However, the student who is a "specialist" is also encouraged. Our children are more of the "well-rounded" variety, but being able to attend school with national debate champions, D1 athletic signees, patent holders and science scholars is truly enriching.
8 people found this helpful

Posted March 09, 2015
An incredible school with a great reputation! I have one graduate, one student that started in MS and one in the LS, and can say, without a doubt, this school is the perfect balance of academics, athletics, arts and character and leadership development that any school I have researched in the area. Teacher, coaches and faculty all have shared vision: developing character and intellect. They genuinely love their students as their own children. It's also one of the few schools in our nation that inspires patriotism. Much needed in the contemporary divisiveness that pervades our country. If you want your son or daughter prepared to lead, not only in college but in life, LHPS is the place for you. I strongly recommend this school!
5 people found this helpful

Lake Highland Preparatory School 4

Posted March 09, 2015
Lake Highland offers students a solid core curriculum and diverse offerings for students to cultivate their interests including arts, debate, science, athletics, robotics and others. The Lower School includes preK to 6th gr. There are wonderful grade level activities that take place along with the academics. 6th gr being apart of the LS in a separate building allows that age group to be upper classman during a critical time in development. The Middle School includes 7th and 8th gr on a separate campus close by to the main campus. This gives the ms students their own place to learn independence and academic responsibility without distraction from other grades before heading to high school. The High School has a rigorous program to prepare the students for college. The HS provides opportunities to develop leadership skills and support all through the college admission process. With all that said, no school is perfect. There will always be some bumps along the way. The administration and faculty works with students and parents to work through any difficulties encountered. We have always experienced prompt responses on any questions and a willingness to discuss any topic.
3 people found this helpful

Lake Highland Preparatory School
901 N Highland Ave, Orlando, FL  32803
(407) 206-1900
Last modified Lake Highland Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lake Highland Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top