PK-12|Private
1,950 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 01, 2016
We relocated to Florida from one of the states up North where our daughter was in a private school. This past August she enrolled in the Lower School, and we have been quite pleased with the outcomes. The transition went better than expected, and we credit some of this with the new student orientation/buddy process. The curriculum has been sufficiently rigorous to push her in all areas of academics, but also able to accommodate the areas of her strengths allowing her to excel. The after school academies have been phenomenal. We appreciate the spiritually that is respected and encouraged. The emphasize on citizenship should be commended. We have found the teachers and administration to be reasonable and supportive. We are very happy with our selection.

Posted March 01, 2016
Our family attended two other Orlando private schools - one well known elementary school in Maitland and a competing 6-12th grade school in Winter Park - before enrolling at Lake Highland. Our experience at LHP has been exceptional and well worth the investment. The school has outstanding facilities and enthusiastic and supportive teachers. Progressive science and math programs even in the lowest grade levels - possibly the best in town. Strong academic focus on critical thinking and comprehension. Ample opportunity to excel beyond grade level. LHP offers a broader global view where the other schools we attended were smaller and felt more regional. Opportunities in athletics and the arts are also abundant and high quality - even in the lower school. Plenty of character development and opportunities for mentoring. The school is incredibly well run - high level of customer service and professionalism. Administration is accomplished, professional and engaged. We only wish we would have moved our family to LHP sooner.

Posted October 30, 2015
We relocated to Orlando from out of state and have been incredibly happy with Lake Highland. The school is incredibly well run, and we feel genuinely welcomed into the school community. Very professional and enthusiastic faculty and staff. The facilities are exceptional, academics are excellent, and my kids are especially excited about the progressive math and science programs offered here. Each child has been pushed to meet their own potential academically, and the school offers a well rounded offering of extracurricular opportunities in the arts and athletics. This school is worth every penny.

Posted October 10, 2015
Excellence and availability of opportunities/programs/activities for students across the board: in academics, athletics, extracurricular activites, individualized study programs, etc. Very high emphasis on discipline. Mandatory (random) drug testing of all students and faculty as a PREVENTIVE measure. Faculty-hiring process is extremely selective (furthermore, performance of faculty members is constantly "monitored/assessed").

Lake Highland Preparatory School 1

Posted August 29, 2015
My kids started here in elementary and went all through high school. My former neighbor, who used to work there as a counselor, told me sending her kids to LHP was the worst thing she ever did to them. I didn't listen and sent my own children. Now, I wish I had listened. Most of the teachers are great. However, a few bad apples at each level can ruin it because the administration do not care to listen to parents even with very valid concerns. Many teachers/coaches show favoritism, and once again, administration seems to turn a blind eye. They are also very controlling, even to the point of sending girls home if their skirts (I mean, actually they are skorts) do not touch their knee. Very sexist and disappointing. The bottom line is they run their school how they want no matter what parents think or how they are emotionally damaging the kids. They simply do not care not want to hear from the parents. My children all agree that they hated the school in the end and their friends felt the same way. Save your money and send your kids to public school. Seriously.

Posted June 30, 2015
well rounded in all areas....great for college prep, caring teachers and administrators.Would like to see more spiritual emphasis.

Posted May 31, 2015
We just finished our first year at Lake Highland with a 6th grader and a 9th grader. I call this school the Goldilocks school - it is just right. They have figured everything out and do it better than anyone in town. Between the two of them, our children have attended the well-established PK-6th grade school in Maitland, the very small elementary school with a similar name in Winter Park, and the competing 6th-12th grade school in Winter Park so we know what we are talking about when comparing schools. Lake Highland has programs that nurture the academically, artistically and athletically gifted without demanding that a student be gifted in more than one area while still allowing the student to participate to his or her heart's desire. Students with limitations are also welcome to the school and are nurtured and encouraged to be the best they can possibly be. Both our children are highly gifted and they are challenged in every way they need. One child is twice exceptional and the school is fully equipped and was willing to accept him where he was and lift him to the best he can be. There is an atmosphere of combined character, love, acceptance, hard work, and positivity that we have rarely seen at the other schools. The other schools may excel in one area or the other but Lake Highland excels at all of them. The best part is that with a program that makes room for all different types of kids, this is a school where an entire family of children can succeed and be happy. There would rarely be a need to send one child to a different school.

Posted April 29, 2015
I have a child at the lower school and one in the middle school of LHPS. Thus far I have been very happy with the academics and many extracurricular activities offered at this school. Because of a couple of previous posts that I read, I would like to add that the faculty and administration care about the kids. One of my children was bullied by another child, but the teacher dealt with the problem immediately and successfully. When one of my children was ill, both the coach and dean reached out to me personally to ask if there was anything they could do to help. I understand not every school can suit every child, but my family has been happy with this fine school.

Posted April 24, 2015
My child has attended LHP since kindergarten. She is now in 6th grade and her academic achievements are outstanding. It's a demanding school academically but isn't that what a college preparatory school is all about? The arts are beyond anything Orlando has to offer. Do some teachers play favorites? Yes, but that is true in any school. Most of the teachers are top notch as evidenced by my child's performance on the standardized tests. I highly recommend LHP.

Posted April 08, 2015
Lake Highland is an extraordinary school. National Award winning Intel Science Winner, National Bright House STEM Winner, State runner up Speech and Debate Team, award winning Robotics team, honored Band and Strings students-just to name a few things. Lake Highland is truly a school that offers every opportunity for your child to find their passion.

Lake Highland Preparatory School
901 N Highland Ave, Orlando, FL  32803
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 142 reviews. (407) 206-1900
Last modified Lake Highland Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12