Orlando, FL
Students enrolled: 1,950

Posted June 30, 2015
well rounded in all areas....great for college prep, caring teachers and administrators.Would like to see more spiritual emphasis.

Posted June 23, 2015
I wholeheartedly agree with the May 31st post. Our family has also attended both private elementary schools mentioned - the established K4-6th grade school in Maitland and the smaller, highly academic school in Winter Park. Lake Highland is the whole package and offers a well rounded balance of opportunities for the each child to shine. The school also provides layers of administrative accountability and financial transparency that I appreciate as a parent making a major investment in my child's education. Lake Highland might be Orlando's best kept secret.

Posted May 31, 2015
We just finished our first year at Lake Highland with a 6th grader and a 9th grader. I call this school the Goldilocks school - it is just right. They have figured everything out and do it better than anyone in town. Between the two of them, our children have attended the well-established PK-6th grade school in Maitland, the very small elementary school with a similar name in Winter Park, and the competing 6th-12th grade school in Winter Park so we know what we are talking about when comparing schools. Lake Highland has programs that nurture the academically, artistically and athletically gifted without demanding that a student be gifted in more than one area while still allowing the student to participate to his or her heart's desire. Students with limitations are also welcome to the school and are nurtured and encouraged to be the best they can possibly be. Both our children are highly gifted and they are challenged in every way they need. One child is twice exceptional and the school is fully equipped and was willing to accept him where he was and lift him to the best he can be. There is an atmosphere of combined character, love, acceptance, hard work, and positivity that we have rarely seen at the other schools. The other schools may excel in one area or the other but Lake Highland excels at all of them. The best part is that with a program that makes room for all different types of kids, this is a school where an entire family of children can succeed and be happy. There would rarely be a need to send one child to a different school.

Posted April 29, 2015
I have a child at the lower school and one in the middle school of LHPS. Thus far I have been very happy with the academics and many extracurricular activities offered at this school. Because of a couple of previous posts that I read, I would like to add that the faculty and administration care about the kids. One of my children was bullied by another child, but the teacher dealt with the problem immediately and successfully. When one of my children was ill, both the coach and dean reached out to me personally to ask if there was anything they could do to help. I understand not every school can suit every child, but my family has been happy with this fine school.

Posted April 24, 2015
My child has attended LHP since kindergarten. She is now in 6th grade and her academic achievements are outstanding. It's a demanding school academically but isn't that what a college preparatory school is all about? The arts are beyond anything Orlando has to offer. Do some teachers play favorites? Yes, but that is true in any school. Most of the teachers are top notch as evidenced by my child's performance on the standardized tests. I highly recommend LHP.

Posted April 08, 2015
Lake Highland is an extraordinary school. National Award winning Intel Science Winner, National Bright House STEM Winner, State runner up Speech and Debate Team, award winning Robotics team, honored Band and Strings students-just to name a few things. Lake Highland is truly a school that offers every opportunity for your child to find their passion.
5 people found this helpful

Lake Highland Preparatory School 2

Posted March 23, 2015
LHP has been a great school for one of my kids but not so much for the other 2. It is a Mean Girls school with average academics. Bright kids will shine as they would at any school. I find it strange that there were 9 "awesome" reviews posted on the same day March 9,2015. No doubt there was a meeting where parents were encouraged to post. Not a surprise from LHP.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 09, 2015
I had two children who went to Lake Highland from kindergarten through high school. I cannot imagine a better educational experience. The academics were excellent, the athletics were competitive and helped build character, and the opportunities for significant extracurricular activities were unparalleled. As a result of the academic preparation, both children were accepted by and graduated from two of the most selective universities in the world, and their academic success rested on the foundation they built at Lake Highland. The teachers are uniformly great - they know their subjects intimately, they are inspiring, and they love to teach. The dedication of the faculty is reflected in the range of superior programs they operate outside the formal classrooms. The debate team is consistently among the best in the country, the high-school science research program generates students who excel in international science competitions, the drama and music programs are spectacular, and the Leadership Academy fosters strong, moral leaders. I can recommend Lake Highland unconditionally to any parent who wants to prepare his child for lifelong success.
7 people found this helpful

Posted March 09, 2015
My three children attended and graduated from Lake Highland Preparatory School. Our experience was better than we could have ever hoped for our children. The faculty, students and relationships that my children formed in lower school, middle school, upper school and through the arts and sports is a strong and lasting bond to this day. My wife and I are grateful for the opportunities LHP offered our children.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 09, 2015
We love Lake Highland! My daughter graduated from Lake Highland fully prepared; she went on to earn a teaching degree from FSU and just recently, a Master's degree in Theatre Education from NYU. Lake Highland has many wonderful things that recommend it--facilities, programs, a feeling of strong community--but most importantly the school has an outstanding faculty who teach, inspire and care.
4 people found this helpful

Lake Highland Preparatory School
901 N Highland Ave, Orlando, FL  32803
(407) 206-1900
Last modified Lake Highland Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lake Highland Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 113 reviews. Top