No rating

Orlando Christian Prep

Private | PK-12 | 575 students

Our school is best known for our championship athletic teams.

Living in Orlando

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $53,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted August 12, 2014

Amazing school! Great teachers and staff over all my child has learned a lot and I have never had a problem. I love this school

Posted June 9, 2014

Orlando Christian Prep has been home to my kids since they were 3. They are now both middle schoolers. The staff for the most part is very professional and care about the overall well being of my child. Teachers have been there for my kids during rough times and have prayed with them, and encouraged them. I can not imagine sending my children to any other school other than OCP.

Posted September 17, 2013

Orlando Christian Prep in Orlando is Amazing! It has a foundation in Christ with loving, caring, talented, and enthusiastic teachers. The teachers excitement flows on to the students. My child is surrounded by loving and caring teachers, staff, and students. You can see this by how the students communicate with one another. The hugs, kind words, and helping hands from class mates. They have a strong academic program that challenges the students. Positive learning and growing educational environment. We love it at Orlando Christian Prep in Orlando where Christ is first and education is fun and challenging!

Posted September 3, 2013

I can say this school teaching method is horrible .Depending who the student is and if they attend their church is how they are treated. I can say they have giving me nothing but headache and constantly asking for money . They don t want to help my child who has a speech problem they want to put him in a different school. Even though they know he goes to every week . The school might be nice but they barley have teachers and they are far from Christians If could remove my child from here I would but through public school my child will fall through the cracks, this is why I put my child I a private school ,just to find out they are worse !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 29, 2013

I agree with others. The academic quality is going downhill. The teacher quality is lacking and the attitude for a small Christian school is somewhat hypocritical. The administration, teachers and staff do gossip, and I agree with other reviewer that if you confide in one teacher or even an administrator, the entire staff knows. But the kids and families are all nice, Christian families. Overall, the school needs to address teacher quality, gossip, and overall attitude of the teachers. The teachers issues, and constant complaining, make the students, not care either? They should be looking at educating the kids, spiritually, academically, and socially. Unfortunately, they have a long way to go to compete with other area private schools.

Posted November 25, 2012

Honestly, I cannot imagine sending my children anywhere but OCP. I have seen what the public schools, charter schools, and some private schools have to offer and I don't want it for my children. This school focuses on academics at a higher level than most schools, as well as incorporating God into much of the daily routine. My kids have grown so much in this school, and the teachers really care about the kids. The tuition is expensive, but it is worth every penny! The sports program is growing as well. They offer many sports for elementary,middle, and high school. As with any school, OCP is not perfect, but it is constantly improving and as long as my kids are reading 2 grade levels higher than they should, testing higher than public school, learning every day about Jesus, and being nurtured by their teachers.... We will do all we can to sacrifice and send out kids to OCP.

Posted November 14, 2012

My daughter is currently in 10th grade at OCP. The education she has received has been exceptional. My husband and I could not be happier. Her years here have been driven by loving and Christ centered teachers as well as athletic coaches. It is wonderful to watch her grow into the woman the Lord has called her to be. I would absolutely recommend OCP . The Gretzinger Family

Posted November 2, 2012

We originally enrolled our daughter there at 3 years old. Her teacher, Mrs.Gunn, was wonderful. We decided to enroll her the following year for the VPK program (half day) and pay for the additional 3 hours each day. After speaking with the Program coordinator (mrs Burke) and the school, We were promised an outstanding educational program that the regular (free vpk) didn't offer. They told us she would have computers in her room and would spend the afternoon taking naps and playing. We weren't going to pay extra money for her to sleep and play when she can do that at home. they ended up separating my child from the full day kids. The put her into an 'overflow' class of 20 half day kids. She also didn't have ANYTHING they promised us. Spent the hours we paid for napping and playing. Her teacher, Mrs. Holder, is AMAZING but the full day teacher (mrs Burke) is a jerk. The lady is out of control, rude, and snobby. There aren't even words to describe the outright dislike we have for her. The school said they had misplaced our paperwork several times. Misplaced her shot records several times. refuse to call you back or schedule appt unless they want money. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD THERE.

Posted July 23, 2011

The school is no longer the same. When my kid has attended since kindergarden and is looking to graduate at OCP. I got to see the school grow and fall. The school constantly contradicts their policies and rules. Also the faculty gossips if you talk to a teacher about your a hardship your going through most likely all the teachers know your problem. I have another child who is a senior at a public high school. My child got a taste of OCP high school and thinks that the public high school prepares better for college.

Posted July 8, 2011

My children have attended OCP beginning at age 3. I knew that the school was good when we placed our daughter in the K3 program part time only and she cried every day to stay longer. The teacher's and staff are so loving and they are so genuinely interested in the lives of the children that attend their school. My children have learned so much about God and have advanced academically in this christian environment. They are able to pray freely and ask questions about God which is very important to our family. There are always fun activities for the kids at this school, as well as soccer, ballet, volleyball, basketball, golf, football, bowling, and cheerleading. My children will remain at OCP until they graduate high school.

Posted September 20, 2010

Dont let the location, size deter you. This is an amazing school, and the energy and excitement from the staff is overwhelming. This is my son's first year there, both public and another private school. The principal/pastors excitement for education and the children is contagious. Best decision we ever made to attend here.

Posted June 24, 2010

My son started this school in 2008, after the school had been through a few rough years. We have NEVER experienced that in our time there, we've only seen that OCP is a positive environment with a good staff and good kids. Our experience with the teachers has been really positive. Their elementary administrator is really one of the finest educators I have ever worked with, and is a tremendous and caring Christian leader. There have been some problems with communication on events being vague and last minute, and some (certainly not all) functions have the appearance of being thrown together without much thought. Also, there are occasional issues with the front office being less than organized, but none of those things take away from that this is a great school! Recommended!

Posted October 25, 2009

Even though my children no longer attend this school, I give it a high review. They really care about the kids and the school has a very good heart. My kids made life-long friends there. There are some of the nicest kids and teens there you'll ever want to meet. There may be some exceptions, but overall it has a great atmosphere and good families in attendance.

Posted April 13, 2009

My daughter is attending vpk inthere she has a great teacher ms delarroco she is very caring and loving my daughter has really improved aince she started here i highly recommend it as a parent you are always welcome.

Posted November 2, 2008

Lacks leadership but trying to improve

Posted June 11, 2008

I am a parent of three children at OCP. I have one in each department, Elementary, MS, HS. They have all been extremely successful and have tested on the SAT's off the charts. Parents that are looking for a perfect school will never find one. It doesn't exist. OCP is the real deal. They are as interested in the student's academics as they are in their success in life. CAN'T GO WRONG!

Posted June 11, 2008

My son has attended OCP since Kindergarten and will be a senior this year. He has not only received the best academic background, but also the most loving nurturing atmosphere with teachers and administration. This year Mrs. Bellwood has lead with integrity and encouragement and we're so proud to be OCP part of the OCP family

Posted January 16, 2008

I really believe with the new administration and the old president back, This school will become one of the prominent schools in Orlando once again. We went through so much last year, and now that we are out with the old and bad and in with the new I'll be proud to call myself an OCP graduate.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 16, 2008

This is a year that this school is taking academics and over all excellence to the next level. I'll be proud when my students graduate from this school.

Posted January 13, 2008

We have two children at OCP - one in PreK and the other in elementary. I can say both children have incredibly dedicated teachers and are excelling academically. The overall environment at OCP is one that fosters respect and consideration for students, teachers, staff and parents. OCP has made really made a strong effort to sharpen it's academic focus this year. We have been at OCP for 4 years now and are loyal to OCP!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old

• Music
  • Performing arts
  • Religious
  • Service learning
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Foreign languages taught

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator

• Technical design and production

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer time after school

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

500 South Semoran Boulevard