PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter is no longer in the school but they still want to charge me $992 a month for the remaining of the year even though I’m not receiving the service. The excuse of the accountant (a short hair lady in the back office), was that the school still needs to pay the teachers! Taking advantage of people like this is horrible, the people in this school are not real Christians believe me this is not what Jesus taught. A student threw scissors at my daughter, when I picked up my daughter she had a scratch on her arm and the dean of the school did nothing about it because the girl had been in the school for a longer time. Scissors are considered a weapon in schools. The dean didn't even ask my daughter if she got hurt because he was so into trying to defend the other girl. There is a HUGE favoritism towards the kids that have been there longer. The next day I get a call from the administrator's assistant asking me to bring my daughter to the school but without being ready to go to school. That was an insult! I could have reported them to the department of children and families for trying to access my daughter through me so they can vent with whatever they wanted to say. That's intent of psychological abuse! I requested for the school to have my daughter’s transcript and all her belongings ready for me to pick up. When I went to the school, they gave me nothing! Now I’m waiting for the president of the school to call me regarding the problem with them wanting to charge me without receiving their services. I will be updating this post once I know what’s going to happen.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

NO! They always choose who ever supports the school more finacially. I do not recommend for no child.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

They're all bullies. There are no morals at this school, I do NOT recommend. All the boys are very FRESH and disrespectful.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

A LOT OF BULLIES! A lot of racism and the deans are extremely unfair. They all choose favorites or, "Who evers been here longer"

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Most of teachers care, but alot of them don't. Most of them just get kids in trouble for no reason.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They don't even give homework, and yet they ask why most of the students fail.

HORRIBLE SCHOOL! It's a scam! I STILL HAD THE PAY FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EVEN GO! DO *NOT* RECOMMEND!!!

Sadly, this is a school in decline. They have traded away strong academics for an emphasis on basketball and I don't see a reversal anytime soon. If your kid is a basketball star, go for it and sign him up. Otherwise, look elsewhere. I also agree with a previous post regarding favoritism. Nepotism runs rampant here. When I first toured the school, I was told the school prided itself in being "a big family". Ironically, this turned out to be true, since the admissions director at the time was the pastor's own daughter. You'll find the pastor's children, in-laws and members of the church working key positions. If you are lucky enough to be part of their clique, you'll be "family" and be treated as such. Otherwise, prepare yourself and your kids to be ok watching from the sidelines while the kids from the family get the spotlight.

Amazing school! Great teachers and staff over all my child has learned a lot and I have never had a problem. I love this school

Orlando Christian Prep has been home to my kids since they were 3. They are now both middle schoolers. The staff for the most part is very professional and care about the overall well being of my child. Teachers have been there for my kids during rough times and have prayed with them, and encouraged them. I can not imagine sending my children to any other school other than OCP.

Last modified Orlando Christian Prep is a Private school that serves grades PK-12