Page Private School

Private | PK-12

Living in Orlando

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $980.

Sweep tile

Posted September 5, 2013

The Director is Horrible all she cares about is the money (numbers) She is outright rude. There is only a few teachers that I can say are compassionate about their work and who actually care about the children. My advise stay away.

Posted September 3, 2013

We have three grandchildren at Page in K, 3rd and 4th. They are getting an excellent education and we are so proud of their accomplishments.

Posted February 28, 2013

We lasted 2 months before deciding this school was not a good fit for us. It's definitely NOT worth the tuition they charge. I give it 2 stars for the high academics, especially in the lower grades where they do a good job teaching reading and writing. Some of the teachers are nice and good.. However, if your child struggles in any area at all, he/she will be miserable - my observation of many of the admin and many of the teachers is that have little patience with exceptionalities. My son struggled significantly with the written work demands (as a teacher myself, I knew it to be grade level inapprorpiate). When I inquired about insight and asistance, the school provided little help. My son came home crying every day, frustrated. Many of the interactions between the faculty and students were disturbingly militaristic which is ok for middle but not th primary grades. I debated whether I should share, but parents need to know....I can sum up our experience by the reality that my son nearly has a panic attack when we go down the street this school is on because he is afraid of going back to the "mean school."

Posted February 6, 2013

This my child's first, and likely last year at Page. While the curriculum for very small kids seems to be impressive, the teachers and some of the staff lack compassion. This is ESSENTIAL if you work with smaller children (preschool, elementary). The school has monthly field trips that are more like elitist fund raisers. They charge almost triple the price of the admission to the field trips and make the children who can not afford to attend feel bad by constantly promoting them in the classroom. Additionally, the Director does not have a warm spirit and often times comes off as unapproachable. The tuition is very high and they are constantly asking for money for other things throughout the year. It would be a better business model to just include everything in a lump sum monthly tuition so that parents do not feel like they are constantly being harassed for more money.

Posted January 31, 2012

I have two girls in Page. PK and 2nd grade. VERY happy so far. The price is pretty steep, especially in this economy. I'm concerned about the upper classes with what I've heard. Anyway, it's better than Florida public schools.

Posted March 31, 2011

Page's Pre school through 3rd grade teachers are great; however, the upper grades teachers need improvement. In addition, there are less students in the upper grades, this trend is because parents like me see the quality of the teachers which is low. The tuition is similar to other private schools, however, they do have a financial aid program which may help your financial situation. However, when negotiating tuition with the director, she make it a point that Page Private School is a buisness, and treats you as just a number...For me my kids education is not a buisness...that is why I am looking for other alternatives...

Posted April 24, 2010

I love the school and teacher.. the cost is the issue

Posted April 20, 2010

This school doesnt focus enough on academics not a good choice pulled child out

Posted January 21, 2010

Just moved my first grader after a medicocre year in public school kindergarten. Can't say enough about how pleased I am with his progress in all subject areas. Also, nice to have peace of mind that Spanish, music, art, computers, library and PE are firmly part of the curriculm which was not guaranteed in the public school system. Also moved my pre-K child to Page this year and I am exceptionally pleased with this program - he is reading well and the program has a lot of elements covered in Kindergarten programs elsewhere.

Posted September 16, 2009

all the teachers care about the students!

Posted July 24, 2009

My daughter has been at Page since she was three years old. It has been a wonderful experience for us. The teachers are loving and caring toward the children. The curriculum is full of academics, however, there are plenty of enrichment programs including; foreign language, music, computers and gym class everyday which is extremely important. There is a lot of camaraderie among students there and school spirit especially surrounding its athletic teams. The student body is extremely diverse which was very important to me.

Posted June 11, 2009

I had my daughter in this school right after she left kids r kids in the waterford area. It was of course miles better than kids r kids however, the administration there is terrible and the director of the university park school is very distant from the parents to say the least. The teachers are overworked and underpaid and they seem to be unhappy with administration as well. I know from first hand experience that if the administration don't like you, they will take it out on your child.

Posted December 29, 2008

I guess I am exception to the reviews listed below, and since I have more experience than all, I will say I have put 3 kids through this school, and am happy to say that my High School student is taking all honor and ap classes, she scored higher than most seniors on her SAT in the 8th grade, the middle child is still enrolled and doing very well, and the pre school program is the best I have ever seen. The Director is awesome and is strict but cares very much about the school and the children!

Posted August 2, 2008

My daughter has attended Page since she was 2 1/2. She starts kindergarten there next week. I'm generally very impressed with the school. Education is stressed in the pre-K levels and she seems to be outperforming her peers from other schools. I agree that the adminstration can be very standoffish (especially the principal) and the tuition is not cheap, but I do like the smaller class size, as well as the convenient hours. Teacher turnover is low, but after school caregiver turnover is high. The afterschool caretakers are poorly paid and definitely overworked, so the turnover rate is no surprise. But overall - the school seems to be a positive, nurturing educational environment and my daughter feels comfortable there.

Posted October 16, 2007

Pre-K classes are jam packed full of kids. My child has been there two years. Both teachers were extremely kind and loving, both wonderful women. However, they spoke with grammar errors that shocked me. Parents may want to inquire about teachers educational backgrounds/credentials if correct grammar is more important to you than the warmth of the teacher... Definitely a high turnover rate of afternoon teachers...probably because they are overburdened with the number of children they are caring for. They tend to consolidate kids with whoever is left at days end, which is confusing at best.

Posted February 9, 2007

After reading the other parents' reviewed, I am relieved to see that my perception of the situation at Page is correct; but anxious to look elsewhere for an education for my child. Many of the staff members seem to be inept, disorganized, or inexperienced. Administration isn't as responsive as they should be. The classes are way too large. While my child was in Pre-K he had a very loving, professional teacher. She seems to be the exception, not the rule. I am not pleased at all with this school.

Posted August 21, 2006

Very disappointed in this school. Teachers (especially in preschool) seem very stressed, I've come upon scenes where the children were being yelled at and the tuition is absolutely ridiculous. They claim to have art, music and Spanish classes for the little kids, but it was very seldom that that happened. Would NOT recommend.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 18, 2006

I am very disappointed with the quality of the teachers and staff.

Posted June 6, 2006

I think this school has a lot of potential, however I do not think the principal is as involved as she should be. I do not believe that all the teachers teach to their best ablilities. I do not think to highly of this school.

Posted May 28, 2006

Academic programs are very strong, their curriculum is very advanced in comparison to public schools. They have classes from preschool to 8-grade. well structured classes, but not as too strict in some other private schools. My kid is attending their preschool grade, she attends dancing class once/wk. Field trips/swimming pools for the young students in the summer. Big nice soccer field for the oldest kids. Unfortunately, they don't have supportive services for the teachers and the youngest kids who needs to adjust to attending preschool for the first time. Also, children are required to be potty trained before attending the school. Also, parents aren't allowed to volunteer in the class. They may volunteer as chapron in the field trips or help in the organized events in the school.

Two or more races 42% N/A
Asian 8% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab