New School Preparatory 2

Posted October 24, 2011
This school is finally closed. They had a great concept, but the directors/owners bullying of students and their parents ultimately cost them their business. It was NOT the economy.

Posted December 06, 2010
As a previous student to this school I would like to start off by saying I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for my experience at the New School. I am currently a Junior double majoring at the University of Florida, which is now known as one of the toughest academic schools in the south. At the New School I was taught to be passionate, I was taught to never be indifferent, but most of all I was taught that I could be whatever I wanted to be. I became well rounded in the arts, sports, language, and academics. Because of the schools strong value in the performing arts, I learned to be very confident with public speaking, a strong leader, and a respected team player. The relationships I had with my teachers and the family atmosphere got me through some of the hardest times of my life.When my parents got divorced I received unlimited support from my teachers. I knew I could talk to any of them and if I had trouble with assignments or felt too stressed, all I had to do was talk to them and we always worked it out. In the future I plan on sending my children to New School Prep.

New School Preparatory 1

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted February 02, 2009
i love this school keep it up you all are great people i dont care what other people think keep it up!!!

Posted April 26, 2008

Posted December 08, 2007
This school has a reputation for excellence and Thursday night was over and above! Cabinet of Curiosity night embodied the very essence of multiple intelligence education by presenting a student generated evening of curiosities, pirates with pirate ship, gypsies, street sellers, experts on Natives in the New World, ancient Egypt, Rome, jungle explorers, Mayans complete with student built Mayan pyramid, scientists and a King Arthur play. The level of learning that took place cannot even be approximated by a hundred text books. My child went to school excited and came home excitedly relating all that they learned and accomplished that day. The characters, costumes, sets, scripts and information, all student generated, made for a wonderful reaffirmation of why I send my child to this school. Watching older students praise and assist younger school mates, even the Kindergarten's waltz, with such sincere appreciation of one another, was just icing on the cake.

New School Preparatory 2

Posted November 30, 2007
As a former student I would not recommend the school to the average child. English was the only class that was beneficial. The rest of the classes were a joke and a waste of my time. I did not fit the cookie-cutter standard in their eyes and it was obvious to me that I was never one of their favorites. I was made to feel stupid because I did not stand out in music, theatre or dance. I went on to a high school that pushed me academically and built up my confidence and self esteem. I am now a very successful college student and I credit very little to this school. Dont waste precious developmental years on a school that does not nurture the average student.

Posted November 20, 2007
My child has been in New School Prep for several years and absolutely loves it, as do we (her parents). The school does expect good behavior and compliance with its rules, such as returning homework each day, but those rules are only ones that instill responsibility. When my child has been stressed about something (as all children can be), she has been given encouragement and guidance. My child loves the extracurricular offerings in dance, art, and German. If you want your child to be well-educated academically and in the arts, this is the school.

Posted November 12, 2007
- a former student
As a former student, I want to thank the staff and directors of New School for a truly unique opportunity to grow and learn in such a safe and nurturing environment. Realistic expectations, confident encouragement, and fair consequences allowed me to realize a potential that would have been ignored in any other setting. The level of academic excellence and true faith in my own ability, prepared me to flourish in high school and beyond. The amazing music, dance and theater programs opened a world that I did not believe that I had access to.

New School Preparatory 1

Posted November 02, 2007
- a former student
NSO can best be described as.... an empty promise. this school seemed that it was really a perfect place. but then i began to see the ugly side of things. this 'school' is an immensely stressfull environment. the curriculum was disorganized.

New School Preparatory
130 E Marks St, Orlando, FL  32803
Last modified New School Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
New School Preparatory Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top