K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I do wish there are some parts of the curriculum that would be changed. They need to be a little more competitive in some academic areas.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers response time is very quick if I have a question. Also, they know the children so well, and an established relationship will help all kids excel in school.

There is a powerful sense of community at this school. It is present among the students, parents, teachers, administrators, after-school teachers, coaches, and even the staff at First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. The Christ School has service as one of its core values, and it shows in the way they all serve one another at every level.

The Christ School is a Christian school in name only. They talk the talk, but do not walk the walk, and that is a problem for those of us genuinely seeking a Christian education and not just trying to avoid Orlando area public schools. The kids are coddled and spoiled; the administration refuses to enforce their own rules for fear of offending anyone, instead hiding behind what they call "grace." My child was thanked by a teacher for reprimanding her class when they acted out, which should not be the role of a student in the classroom. We are only now finding out how indulgent the grading system is at TCS, having transferred to another private, independent Christian school. This is a disservice to the students, because it gives them a false sense of superiority, but it is done to make the parents believe that their children are all geniuses and that the school is doing everything right. Almost half of my child's class was invited to participate in the "gifted" program, which we later surmised was geared toward anyone who had an extra $600 to pay above and beyond tuition costs for an hour of instruction once a week during the regular school day. My child earned high A's the entire time we were there without much effort, but we would have never known how far behind TCS is had we not transferred to a truly academically rigorous Christian school.

The Christ School is a great school because it has a safe Christian environment with caring teachers. I have been at TCS since Kindergarten and I am currently in 8th grade. I feel as though the Christ School has established a great Christian foundation in my heart that I will definitely need to use in high school and continue to use for the rest of my life. The classes are relatively small and most of the middle school teachers are passionate about what they teach and inspiring to their students.

The Christ school was not what I expected it to be. We had 3 kids in lower school and classes were not as competitive as other private schools. They do not have good after school programs nor competitive sport choices. Lunch was also a problem, you have no choice but to pack lunch . They also lack good communication.

We just got transferred out of Orlando and had to pull our son & daughter out of TCS. It was a very sad day, this school is fantastic! The environment is full of love, positive reinforcement and it is just a wonderful place for children to learn. The staff and director are top-notch. All parents participate in the many programs which only enriches the experience. We're so happy with this program that we can't say enough good things about TCS. It's awesome. Our kids are very homesick and miss TCS, their teachers, friends and Chapel the most. We love TCS. Go Lions!

My son is about to finish his first year at The Christ School. We are very happy with his progress. It is a great school.

If you want superior academics, Christian teaching, an opportunity to participate in sports starting in 5th grade and a safe and nurturing environment for your children...look no further. We have a 5th & 7th grader & wouldn't even consider another school!

We have had four children attend The Christ School for middle school and each has been well prepared for High School and College.

Last modified The Christ School is a Private school that serves grades K-8