PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

This is our first year with two attending one elementary one middle. School's facilities are great. Have good sports program. I like all kids are either in band or string orchestra. Teachers for most part engage and doing the best for the kids. Academics need improvement they are teaching from Bible based books in my opinion poorly written grammar errors and some cases wrong or misleading. We were told that middle school they use regular mainstream school textbooks ie McGraw hill but we found that not the case. Some teachers supplement the books. For some reason we found faculty to be very tolerant of students poor behavior more so than public school which surprised us! Overall I have to say this is just a ok school. If all you want is Chirst centered education ie bible and strengthen of faith than this is it. If you want best well rounded education like academics, discipline keep looking.

Leadership is not good. The parent feels like the enemy for SOME teachers and staff. There is not grey at ALL Black or White, and this can create a sense of misunderstanding. God is important, but when an entire date is dedicated to the teacher and this awesome out of her body experience shared with the students and an encounter with God is created at the time the curriculum is suppose to be teach. Then you start asking your self ...well, we praise God in chapel and the entire day of class? Then when do we learn? I believe in God and he is my savior and I just ask him to give me wisdom to know how to discern between a godly a attitude or a worldly attitude. Lord please guide me to know the difference.

Both of my children attend this school. My oldest, now in high school, has been here since Pre-K. The teachers are truly invested in ensuring that the kids get the attention they need. The environment is positive, profanity isn't tolerated, and the kids get a solid foundation. Academically, both of my boys started sounding out words in pre k and reading in kindergarden. The teachers really work with the kids in reading. Many take time to have afternoon individual "helps" sessions where they stay after to help students with questions. My son takes advantage of this all the time;). It isn't and hasn't been perfect, but I love this school! I plan to have both of my kids continue to attend as long as we can afford it!!!

stay away from this place...has nothing to do with a faith or christianity... there is no way I would send my child to that place...

I wouldn't give this 'Academy' one star for a review, much less one penny of my hard earned money! How dare an educational institution reprimand a child/student due to their natural hair texture. The school said "cut it or straighten it". Only after she came forward about bullying. I am so proud of Vanessa VanDyke, as she is standing up for herself, and not allowing this school to BULLY her either. FCA you should be lucky it isn't me or anyone related to me... You would have a hefty law-suit on your hands. (That in turn I would use for college, and donate to charity to show it isn't all about money, but making an example out of your facility.)

My son came here this year after spending a few years at another Christian School in the area. He did well there, but we always felt like outsiders. I transitioned my son here through the summer camp program. I can't say enough good things about this place. This school is a blessing to our family. My son is in 2nd grade and his confidence has soared since the beginning of the year. He has all A's and they work him hard. He is learning so much and becoming a strong boy walking in his Faith. The teachers care about their kids. I LOVE IT!

Both of my sons attend here and I could not be happier. My older son struggles a bit but is not fearful about overcoming it. He enjoys going here. My younger son says he cannot imagine going to public school because he wouldn't be able to pray or talk about God. I have not encountered one teacher that appears unhappy. This is not just a school, but a family. FCA has changed our lives!

My child spend 5 years in the lower school, after moving to NY a year ago we were told that she would struggle because the standard of education was much higher than in Fl. To the school/teacher surprise she did a tremendous, tremendous job, which must be accredited to the education she received at Faith Christian Academy. No family is perfect and neither is this school, but my child got exactly what she came for: a solid education and a spiritual foundation. Kudos on a job well done FCA!

My daughter is starting 4th Grade and Faith Christian and this is the happiest that we have seen her! We have had her in other Christian schools and also in public school. She has never been this energized about this school! The staff has been exceptionally pleasant and very professional and our daughter loves her teacher! The atmosphere is a perfect match for her. She comes home singing, talks about how much she is learning and has all of her homework completed at school. The school has additional activities after class that she is in. The schools security is the best that we have seen! I wish we had lived in Orlando when she started school and had her at Faith Christian for her previous years! It has been nothing but POSITIVE for her and also for us! Thank you Faith Christian!

We just started FCA this year and are still getting used to the school. My daughter has not been this excited about learning in many years and comes home every day telling me good things. I love the way they are organized and how they get information out. Behavior not only gets addressed when it is bad but also gets rewarded when it is good. They memorize things by movement / songs and my daughter is really taking to it. I have read many reviews on it all being about money and/or that you have to be friends with someone important for your child to get treated fairly. I have made no such experience. My child is treated wonderful and we do not know anyone in the higher up ranks. As far as tuition goes, if they do not collect the tuition then there is no school. This is a very affordable wonderful school and I feel sad thinking that new families might read this and believe it. FCA is a wonderful place with a nurturing environment. Christ is in the center of it all. We can't wait to see how many wonderful things this year will bring.

Last modified Faith Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12