Orlando, FL
Students enrolled: 1,130
Before care: Yes

Posted December 16, 2014
I love my job and the fact that TFA values academic development as well as the spiritual development of their students!

Posted December 16, 2014
The First Academy is a PK- 12th grade, Christ-based, college preparatory school based in Orlando Florida. Current enrollment is 1230 students. I am a parent of a student that graduated in 2009 and now am on the Administration Team at the school. What a blessing it has been to see the foundation the school set for my son and now for me to work there. The Leadership is tremendous, the faculty is second to none. If you are looking for a Christian school, with outstanding academics, athletics and fine arts, you should visit the campus of The First Academy.

Posted December 16, 2014
My wife and I are eternally grateful for the outstanding Christ centered education our two children received at The First Academy. They both are attending college and doing very well. The impact that many of the administrators, faculty and coaches had on them will be felt for a lifetime and for us as parents is something we will cherish forever.

Posted December 16, 2014
It is a joy to be a part of The First Academy. The students are extremely polite and well-mannered, and the faculty and staff go above and beyond to prepare students academically, socially and spiritually to go out into the world.

Posted December 03, 2014
I love TFA. We gave public school a try for a couple of years when we first moved to Orlando. We thought since they were A rated schools in Dr. Phillips that we were going to be fine. Although they were great schools, our son was struggling with boredom. He wasn't being challenged at all. Not to mention that several class mates could barely read, this was in 2nd grade. After recommendation from a family friend, we switched to The First Academy. It is one of the best decisions we have ever made regarding education. This is our second year at TFA, our son is challenged with work that causes him to think and figure things out, he thinks totally different about school and is building lifelong friendships with students that I know have the same moral standards as my family. In addition, I love that they pray every day and actually keep high biblical standards. The teachers really care and take a personal interest in getting to know each student. I know as time goes on, work will continue to become more challenging and prepare him for college. I also love that the college acceptance rate is 100%.

Posted September 25, 2014
This is our second year at TFA and I have nothing but positive things to say about this school. We relocated to the Orlando area and TFA provided a smooth transition for my son. The children and their parents were so welcoming. The teachers are wonderful. They really get to know your child. What they are learning is amazing!!! I wouldn t have my child at any other school.

The First Academy 3

Posted April 22, 2014
My children attended TFA for 5 years. I would not consider it a college prep school. The faculty are super nice and helpful, but do not hold the students accountable. Grades are deeply influenced by political clout and need for re-enrollment. This ultimately hurts the children. College is not like that. I have experienced this first hand. TFA is a very pleasant place to be, but it is not a college preparatory school. If your child is academically gifted, I would select another school in Orlando.

Posted March 21, 2014
Most of our TFA STUDENTS are happy here. As a teacher who has taught all grades from k- 12 in the last 20 years, I can say that most of our students are a fantastic group of great kids. From firsthand experience, I can say that our teachers place their priority on your child, and regardless of your income, so the playing field is level here. No mistaking it, a quality education takes money. We are a dedicated bunch who love what we do here. I am sorry to read some rare negative comments, but you do not see the whole picture. Step into our classrooms and observe us mentor your child, then make your judgement. Be an informed parent, not by your child's immature opinion but by your objective mature wisdom. I love my students and love this school.

Posted March 10, 2014
There is nowhere else in Central Florida that I would want my children! Excellence in all areas: Strong Christ-centered worldview, academics, athletics, arts,...TFA has it all. A very special place.

Posted March 04, 2014
Our K4 experience has been absolutely awesome! We have seen our daughter's "rough" edges worked out and Mrs. Connell is the best teacher I have ever seen. (I have taught 3 levels of science in my career and I think she may even put me to shame.) She makes sure all students are accepted and loved by their "friends". No one is allowed to talk mean to each other. I believe it's called "Love and Logic" and Mrs. Connell is the expert at it. My wife and I feel there is truly a partnership between the school, church and home. I am soooo glad we made this decision to go here. I talk to other families that do not attend here and they get pretty jealous when we talk about what are kids are learning and how they have been taught to interact with their peers. TFA also has a great handle on Social Networking integration and we get posts from our classroom, Athletic Events, School events and more. It is truly a unique educational experience with a great Christian World View integration.

The First Academy