Orlando, FL
Students enrolled: 1,130

Posted June 09, 2015
I have attended The First Academy throughout my high school career and I can honestly say it is one of the biggest blessings in my life. Every teacher I have had has loved and encouraged me to do my best in every area I could possibly achieve in. Each teacher has not only made learning easy and fun but their influence as Christian leaders has made all of them mentors to me in my personal life as well. Any talk about students gaining more praise because of their wealth is completely false. I for one was not raised in a incredibly "blessed" or wealthy family and I have been completely loved and accepted by all my classmates despite my parents income. Each student is welcoming and accepting and truly represents good Christian character. The spiritual influence at this school is amazing and the chapels each week really leave an impact on the students to walk closer with The Lord. Dr.Rose and Mr.Bohner have not only lead this school to be such a safe and loving environment to be in, but personally have become great friends of mine and which is something I will forever cherish. Coming to this school was a gift that I am still grateful every day for even after graduating this year. I am now able to attend one of the top universities in the state due to the teachings of every teacher I have come into contact with at The First Academy. If you are thinking about sending your kid here I hope they realize how big of a privilege it is to attend and become part of this big TFA family because I would truly say it is absolutely the best school I have ever seen. I overall love this school and the person it has helped me become and highly recommend it for any kid with a loving and outgoing attitude who is willing to walk with The Lord. Go Royals! :)

Posted January 07, 2015
Best kept secret in Orlando, FL. Our K4 daughter has made unbelievable progress with her speech and social behaviors. You couldn't find a better school to partner with your family! Absolutely some of the best facilities around for your High School Athlete and they are building a new Middle School Building in 2013 and Field House in a year. Finally, they are becoming an Apple Distinguished School and all students 3rd-12th graders will have a personal iPad to work on. TFA is developing the next set of 21st Century Christian Leaders... Just Follow #whyILOVETFA on Facebook or Twitter to see!

Posted December 16, 2014
I love my job and the fact that TFA values academic development as well as the spiritual development of their students!

Posted December 16, 2014
The First Academy is a PK- 12th grade, Christ-based, college preparatory school based in Orlando Florida. Current enrollment is 1230 students. I am a parent of a student that graduated in 2009 and now am on the Administration Team at the school. What a blessing it has been to see the foundation the school set for my son and now for me to work there. The Leadership is tremendous, the faculty is second to none. If you are looking for a Christian school, with outstanding academics, athletics and fine arts, you should visit the campus of The First Academy.

Posted December 16, 2014
My wife and I are eternally grateful for the outstanding Christ centered education our two children received at The First Academy. They both are attending college and doing very well. The impact that many of the administrators, faculty and coaches had on them will be felt for a lifetime and for us as parents is something we will cherish forever.

Posted December 16, 2014
It is a joy to be a part of The First Academy. The students are extremely polite and well-mannered, and the faculty and staff go above and beyond to prepare students academically, socially and spiritually to go out into the world.

Posted December 03, 2014
I love TFA. We gave public school a try for a couple of years when we first moved to Orlando. We thought since they were A rated schools in Dr. Phillips that we were going to be fine. Although they were great schools, our son was struggling with boredom. He wasn't being challenged at all. Not to mention that several class mates could barely read, this was in 2nd grade. After recommendation from a family friend, we switched to The First Academy. It is one of the best decisions we have ever made regarding education. This is our second year at TFA, our son is challenged with work that causes him to think and figure things out, he thinks totally different about school and is building lifelong friendships with students that I know have the same moral standards as my family. In addition, I love that they pray every day and actually keep high biblical standards. The teachers really care and take a personal interest in getting to know each student. I know as time goes on, work will continue to become more challenging and prepare him for college. I also love that the college acceptance rate is 100%.

Posted September 25, 2014
This is our second year at TFA and I have nothing but positive things to say about this school. We relocated to the Orlando area and TFA provided a smooth transition for my son. The children and their parents were so welcoming. The teachers are wonderful. They really get to know your child. What they are learning is amazing!!! I wouldn t have my child at any other school.

The First Academy 3

Posted April 22, 2014
My children attended TFA for 5 years. I would not consider it a college prep school. The faculty are super nice and helpful, but do not hold the students accountable. Grades are deeply influenced by political clout and need for re-enrollment. This ultimately hurts the children. College is not like that. I have experienced this first hand. TFA is a very pleasant place to be, but it is not a college preparatory school. If your child is academically gifted, I would select another school in Orlando.
6 people found this helpful

Posted March 21, 2014
Most of our TFA STUDENTS are happy here. As a teacher who has taught all grades from k- 12 in the last 20 years, I can say that most of our students are a fantastic group of great kids. From firsthand experience, I can say that our teachers place their priority on your child, and regardless of your income, so the playing field is level here. No mistaking it, a quality education takes money. We are a dedicated bunch who love what we do here. I am sorry to read some rare negative comments, but you do not see the whole picture. Step into our classrooms and observe us mentor your child, then make your judgement. Be an informed parent, not by your child's immature opinion but by your objective mature wisdom. I love my students and love this school.

The First Academy