PK-12|Private
1,130 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Neutral

Do not know I have never needed this with our daughter.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

A joke-need new replacement from headmaster down. Assistant head of school, principle was new and not impressive at all, lady ahead of spiritual formation very unwise in her decision making and head of admissions is bringing in every one and anything.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Not even close, The man reason we are leaving is they have no control over their students. the students have no respect for leadership nor does leadership expect it. They turn the other way when skirts are up to their bums yet they tell me my daughter with leggings and a size medium tee shirt to her hips, (body covered from head to to)e on dress up day to not cause boys to stumble,..REALLY? Go back to my original post and you will see no accountability. No professionalism at all. The students appearance is sloppy and actually nasty looking.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I think the lower school teachers are were amazing at least when we were in lower school. Middle was my daughters favorite 2 years which was lead by amazing leadership of Dr. Luci Higgins. Amazing leader and she loves and I mean loves her students! Every child should have the opportunity to have time under Dr. Higgins. There lives will be changed in some way.

Amount of homework: Neutral

They had sufficient amount of homework. Our math teacher was new and not impressive. They basically taught themselves as he used an online program and said they are preparing for college yet they are in 9th grade.

I have attended The First Academy throughout my high school career and I can honestly say it is one of the biggest blessings in my life. Every teacher I have had has loved and encouraged me to do my best in every area I could possibly achieve in. Each teacher has not only made learning easy and fun but their influence as Christian leaders has made all of them mentors to me in my personal life as well. Any talk about students gaining more praise because of their wealth is completely false. I for one was not raised in a incredibly "blessed" or wealthy family and I have been completely loved and accepted by all my classmates despite my parents income. Each student is welcoming and accepting and truly represents good Christian character. The spiritual influence at this school is amazing and the chapels each week really leave an impact on the students to walk closer with The Lord. Dr.Rose and Mr.Bohner have not only lead this school to be such a safe and loving environment to be in, but personally have become great friends of mine and which is something I will forever cherish. Coming to this school was a gift that I am still grateful every day for even after graduating this year. I am now able to attend one of the top universities in the state due to the teachings of every teacher I have come into contact with at The First Academy. If you are thinking about sending your kid here I hope they realize how big of a privilege it is to attend and become part of this big TFA family because I would truly say it is absolutely the best school I have ever seen. I overall love this school and the person it has helped me become and highly recommend it for any kid with a loving and outgoing attitude who is willing to walk with The Lord. Go Royals! :)

Best kept secret in Orlando, FL. Our K4 daughter has made unbelievable progress with her speech and social behaviors. You couldn't find a better school to partner with your family! Absolutely some of the best facilities around for your High School Athlete and they are building a new Middle School Building in 2013 and Field House in a year. Finally, they are becoming an Apple Distinguished School and all students 3rd-12th graders will have a personal iPad to work on. TFA is developing the next set of 21st Century Christian Leaders... Just Follow #whyILOVETFA on Facebook or Twitter to see!

I love my job and the fact that TFA values academic development as well as the spiritual development of their students!

The First Academy is a PK- 12th grade, Christ-based, college preparatory school based in Orlando Florida. Current enrollment is 1230 students. I am a parent of a student that graduated in 2009 and now am on the Administration Team at the school. What a blessing it has been to see the foundation the school set for my son and now for me to work there. The Leadership is tremendous, the faculty is second to none. If you are looking for a Christian school, with outstanding academics, athletics and fine arts, you should visit the campus of The First Academy.

My wife and I are eternally grateful for the outstanding Christ centered education our two children received at The First Academy. They both are attending college and doing very well. The impact that many of the administrators, faculty and coaches had on them will be felt for a lifetime and for us as parents is something we will cherish forever.

Last modified The First Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12