PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Principal & vice-principal are great. Sorry to disagree with some reviewers, but we've had a few minor issues and when they were brought to the principal's attention, she handled them right away. School security is great. Officer on duty most of the time (sad that this is how things have to be now, and of course I miss walking my daughter into her class, but I'd rather miss walking her into her class each day than miss having her in our lives each day!) Curriculum is awesome. She's constantly learning at least a full grade level above her public school peers. Probably the thing I love most about St. James is the sense of community. Several parents told us how close-knit the school is, but you really don't see it until you're part of the school. Truly, truly great families who are intelligent, warm, friendly and loving! We're not even Catholic and we've been welcomed wholeheartedly into the "St. James community". My advice is to STAY INVOLVED in your kids' school -- volunteer whenever you can, keep the lines of communication open. These tactics have proven great for me & I think it's why we love SJCS -- you get out of it what you put into it! Parents really do make the difference.

Academically the school is very good except for part of 4th through 6th grades. They use the same teachers there and only 2 of the four were quality teachers (one of them has since left). The Principle runs the school like a dictator who will side with her teachers in all instances (they never do wrong or make mistakes). She had an unqualified teacher try to teach math. Luckily I am good at math so I essentially taught my son that year. The Vice Principle is nothing more than a "yes man". I have seen them waste money on programs that are the "flavor of the year", and they are discontinued because they are ineffective. My son is now in 8th grade and we cannot wait to leave. My daughter will be going to another school. They are not the best school and all the catholic schools are blue ribbon so that means nothing anymore.

If you are truly concerned about your child's education, no other school in Central Florida compares to St. James. The technology, language classes, arts, etc. are unmatched in the region. Our daughter LOVES it!

We recently changed from another private christian school and wow were we surprised how behind the other school was until our daughter started at St. James Cathedral. Our daughter LOVES her new school and I would recommend St. James to all. The school is so organized and everything is very well thought out and structured. The teachers really want your child to succeed and is there to support the parents all the way. We thank God everyday for such a wonderful, beautiful school in the heart of downtown Orlando. Keep up the great work St. James!!! You are an awesome school!

St. James Cathedral School could be a wonderful school - under the right leadership. The biggest issue is the lack of communication with parents - other than the Blue Ribbon rhetoric. The Principal and Vice-Principal view parents as adversaries. Many of the teachers on staff are wonderful, warm and dedicated and there is a good deal of parent volunteer involvement. If you want to actually know what is going on at your child's school, pick a different one than St. James Cathedral.

St. James Cathedral School has been a wonderful, nuturing and faith-filled community for my 3 children. My two oldest children were very well-prepared for high school and my youngest is following in their footsteps to well rounded character in academic, social, emotional and spiritual areas.

St. James is a fantastic school. I have been teaching here since 2002 and I have found my second home! St. James is truly a community of faith-filled faculty, staff and families. The curriculum is challenging and students strive to do their best!

My two children attended St James from Montessori through 8th grade. They were prepared both spiritually and academically for high school and college. The teachers are higly qualified and pass on a love of learning to their students.

I have been a student for..over three years now. I am proud to say that St. James may not be the biggest school in the district but it is the biggest school in faith, academics, and more. I love this school becuase not only does it allow you to achieve more than you could pursue, but it will treat you like the family that you have. Thank you for everything St. James! I love you! See that's how much I love this school.

My son has attended St. James since he was 4 and I have found it to be a wonderfully intimate and loving environment. The academics are strong, not weak. The teachers are very competent and very communicative about a child's strengths and weaknesses. I have enjoyed every minute of my son being there. The parents are all so very involved---it makes all the difference in the world.

Last modified St James Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8