PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

We moved to Orlando 3 years ago and were so blessed to find Holy Family. My kids are in a safe and loving environment where the teachers are caring and the academics are challenging. The campus is clean and beautiful with a cafeteria and a gym, art room and music room, not to mention a beautiful science lab that the students use every week. It is a small school with all the benefits of a big school. The parents and students at Holy Family or very welcoming to new families. Sr. Dorothy is perhaps the kindest woman I know. She adores every child and knows every family. She is very busy, but she always finds time. The students say "Good morning, God bless you" to all of the teachers. Holy Family has a strong Catholic identity. The students attend mass every week and pray often during the day. Jesus is at the center of everything they do. I could not be happier with Holy Family

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated at Holy Family. Sr. Dorothy and Mr. Hamm handle any situation that comes up swiftly and effectively. The school is very safe.

Supports LD students: Agree

The school has a resource team that offers assistance to students with special needs and an enrichment program to challenge advanced students.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Sister Dorothy, the principal, is very busy but finds time for every parent and child. She is wonderful.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The have Virtues in Action assemblies for the upper grades and K4J assemblies for the lower grades. In these assemblies, they focus on virtues like honesty, reverence, loyalty and friendship. These are reinforced with a Religion curriculum that reinforces the Christ-like behaviors.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are highly qualified, experienced and nurturing.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework supports instruction. Not too much is given, leaving time for studying as well as extracurricular activities.

Holy Family Catholic School is one of those schools that makes you realize that there is so much more to learn beyond the walls of a classroom. This school teaches the young minds that walk into school everyday about respect, faith, and potential. Holy Family strives to make it's students better versions of themselves. They put their students first and foremost and make each student feel special and embraced!

I have only been at Holy Family for a few months, but as a former public school student I am thoroughly impressed by the discipline at this school. The highlight of my week is being able to go to mass with the whole school on Friday mornings and hear their enthusiasm for prayers, praise, and worship. This school has been a huge blessing in my life.

I can't begin to express how grateful my husband and I are that we discovered Holy Family Catholic School several years ago when our oldest daughter began her education at the Early Education Center, now called the Pre-School of HFCS. We now have two children attending the school and I must admit, while we all need to keep an open mind about meeting the needs of each of our children, this has been the place we are so thankful to be a part of. Under the leadership of Sister Dorothy, the teachers and administrative staff are invested in the well being of our children. All you have to do is attend a school mass to see the presence of the Holy Spirit being celebrated in such a spectacular way it will give you goose bumps!! These children are learning life lessons about loving themselves and each other as well as God. While we try to provide our children with a strong faith at home, we cannot be with them for seven plus hours a day during school. Our experience has been positive to say the least!! I would highly recommend Holy Family Catholic School. Our children are kind, spiritual, smart, well adjusted and loving children. I feel blessed to have them attend HFCS. God Bless, A very pleased and enthusiastic parent of two current attending students.

Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8