Posted September 09, 2014
This is our fifth year in Holy Family and we love it! Class sizes may be larger than some other private schools, but there is discipline and a healthy respect for authority, so the class size has never been an issue for us. SIster Dorothy is truly a saint and goes out of her way to have personal interaction with the children and families. Everyone is made to feel special in the "Holy Family family." There is a Christ-centered philosophy combined with excellence in academics and athletic opportunities for all skill levels. Parents are encouraged to volunteer - much more so in the younger grades. Volunteering is a lot of fun and we find that it helped us get to know the classmates of our children. HFCS is a great school that we recommend without hesitation.

Posted January 18, 2012
This is our first year at Holy Family and we love it! Though the Nov 17, 2011 posting has nuggets of truth, it is slanted by a jilted parent. My son's class is 25 kids strong but there are 2 teachers in the class and only 2 classes per grade. Kids fall in line when they walk to the cafeteria and are taught to keep their hands to themselves. I love that my son is learning to discipline himself in public. Each family is required to volunteer 20 hours per year or pay for their volunteer hours. As a full-time working mom, it's very difficult to meet this requirement but it's such a great opportunity! I've volunteered during recess, lunch and special activities. It's such a treat to have the teacher open up her classroom for parents! As for the church envelopes, we go once a month and only donate what we can afford. We are not targeted nor have we been asked to leave. Any tuition is expensive when compared to public schools but when compared to other private schools, Holy Family is one of the least expensive. One great thing about Holy Family is that they are not FCAT driven. Kids don t learn to be excellent test takers, they learn for knowledge and for the joy of learning.

Holy Family Catholic School 1

Posted November 17, 2011
The school is very clean and well kept. Security is good. The classes are very large, my child had 36 kids in class, which is unacceptable amount of kids for a private school especially for the amount of money we have to pay. Kids do not get the proper attention cause of it and they are ignored. The kids are also treated like robots, they can't talk anywhere in the school, even during recess they are limited, which is only 15mins, they can only talk quietly and not move around like normal kids. It's ridiculous cause these are children they need to move and be kids. The school is always forcing parents to "volunteer" and if you don't you have to pay the school $500. Everything is money with this school, constantly asking for money. Even the parent background check is $50 where other school is usually $35 for the exact same service, exactly the same. If they see you don t give enough money in the church envelops you will become a target and they will find a way to either get you to donate more money or get you out of the school. Everything in this school is about money and the school image than the children. The parent review submitted 2/11/2011 is exactly right!

Posted May 11, 2011
Holy Family is a warm and caring community. Sister Dorothy is an absolutely WONDERFUL principal. We love her and she really cares about every child. Three of our children attended and have thrived academically, spiritually, and socially. We've always felt welcomed and at home. We've made some really great friends over the years that are like family. It has been a home away from home and we call it our "Holy Family family!"...

Holy Family Catholic School 3

Posted February 02, 2011
The classes are very large & it seemed that the school was constantly relying on parents to volunteer in order to be able to have enough coverage for anything from PE to Computer lab & even though every parent is screened I still had my misgiving over parents assuming roles that should be filled by licensed educators.I love parental involvement but at times it seemed more that it was a school "NEED" due to lack of staff. The homerooms "moms" seem to be the same cliques every year, and are not very open, or welcoming.If you are new to this area,or refuse to play the society game this can be a very cold atmosphere for your child since in turn they will be excluded socially.

Posted May 18, 2010
Excellent school! I have had 3 children at HF since 1996 - present continuously. Now one is @ MIT & another @ Ga.Tech [Honors program]. Sr. Dorothy -the principal- is very caring & competent; the teachers are above average, some even outstanding! Children are viewed as 'whole persons', not just as students. As a result, the caliber of graduates exceeds expectations. A great place to grow up at!

Posted September 07, 2009
This school is great. It is a blue ribbon school that strives for excellency. My children love it and I as a parent am satisfied with the curriculum, the extra curricular activities and sports, and most importantly the Christ centered environment and all the catholic values.

Posted May 04, 2009
A Fantastic School! The children are gaining not only knowledge from the great teachers but also confidence as individuals. We continue to feel blessed that our children are able to attend such a wonderful school. They are gaining a solid foundation in their education.

Posted December 08, 2008
It's a great school,my kids enjoy going to school everyday .Discipline is important and I like it.The school is very clean .It'a a blue ribbon school and I am happy I have my children there.The parents volunteer,The students works are displayed,the principal likes to interact with students,teachers and parents,she is very confident.Students act respectfully toward each other in class.And the facilities are well maintained.It's safe.

Posted July 21, 2008
This is a fantastic school, with wonderful caring teachers. Although class sizes are large, the kids seem to get the most out of a school day. Excellence is encouraged and help given to those who need it. Extra curriculars keep this a family environment.

Holy Family Catholic School
5129 South Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, FL  32819
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top