Orlando, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 30, 2013
This is my sons first year here, and I am very pleased with his teacher, Mrs De La Torre. She is amazing ! I am constantly in communication with her via email, and my son adores her. She is always helping and pointing out areas that he needs more work on, and I have already seen many improvements. She's an amazing teacher !

Posted August 19, 2013
This year will be my daughter's 2nd year at Oakshire. I have nothing but good things to say about the teachers & staff. The teachers are very caring & the school was named an A school again. My daughter learned so much last year & she loves going to school there. She is reading above grade level thanks to her teacher & teacher's aide last year, and in addition to that she made honor roll all 4 semesters! The teachers are really good about keeping parents informed of what's going on in class, what your child needs extra help on, and responding to emails. It's a privilege to send my daughter to such a great school.

Oakshire Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2013
I am a former student of Oakshire. I moved to Florida, and based on reviews my parents sent me there. It was a nightmare. First, you can clearly tell that the staff favor Hispanics. Please, I am not racist, but it isn't fair that one person get placed above another on race. I was bullied there severely for being Caucasian. Did anyone care? Nope. It was no big deal. Secondly, my teacher swore at us. Yes, swore. She also wasn't hesitant to whip out her phone and text right in the middle of class. She insulted us daily. With that one teacher, she made us bring our textbooks back and forth daily. My parents weighed my book bag that contained all the required material. It weighed 30 pounds. And the P.E. staff was so horrible. There was no lack of insults from them. No matter how hot it was outside (one instance where it hit 102) we were made to walk around the basketball court in a line without talking. There was also several times where they made us do exercised similar to what they do in the military. We had to squat until our legs hurt. We stayed like this for an hour. My knees were shaking and buckling. If you have any sense, you will not send your child to this horrid school.

Posted June 28, 2011
Oakshire is a great place to work. The administration and staff really care about the students.

Posted August 16, 2010
This school is amazing I'm in 5th grade and been here since kindergarten I love all my teachers ,,, OAKSHIRE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakshire Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2010
The school has a new principal. I can't say too much about him. I hear his voice everytime the county answering service calls my house to leave a message about different events that are going on in the county, but I do not see him doing too much for the school. There are teachers who still do not know how to use the school and county's computer system, so it is difficult for kids to keep up when they are absent and need to make up work. Also, many teachers take their time before updating their students' grades on the computer. So parents of three kids (like me) have a hard time trying to keep track of their kids' progress.

Oakshire Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2009

Oakshire Elementary School 0

Posted August 15, 2009
My grandson was in Kindergarden with Mrs. Berrios. I was very pleased with her(only wish she could follow him to graduation). She was very helpful and had many very good ideas regarding teaching. I would give her 5 stars.

Oakshire Elementary School 3

Posted February 17, 2009
This school needs more attention on children who are in need. They need to give parents resource3s on what to do if your child is failing

Oakshire Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
It's my kids first year in school and I'm very happy so far and so are they. Parents have to get involved in the children's education, we can't expect ONE teacher to teach 20+ kids everything they need to learn, so they expect us to help and it's understandable. The only thing I'm not happy about is how expensive school is turning out to be.

Oakshire Elementary School
14501 Oakshire Boulevard, Orlando, FL  32824
Last modified Oakshire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakshire Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top