Orlando, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted March 06, 2014
Since my daughters have attended this school I have nothing negative to say regarding their academic progress. My daughter's 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Aymat was always available and informed me of any additional academic resources to help my child. Now in 3rd grade I can see her teachers work very hard and do everything they can to motivate students. . As for my Kindergartener I am more than happy that her teacher Mrs. Perez worked really hard in ensuring that she is 1st grade ready before she went on Maternity. My only complaint is that there is so little parent involvement represented in the PTA meetings. It makes me sad to see so many families at dances, etc yet at PTA often there is less than 10 individuals. Meetings are only 1 time per month usually after 5pm and PTA is so so important. It provided information about your child's classroom grade, activities at school and how the money collected gets spent. Also you can bring your child and have them use the computer in the media center. If any parents are reading this please help support the PTA it really makes a difference in having more parent and even teachers involvements.

Posted February 25, 2014
Ms Miranda is the best kindergarten teacher.Both of my children excelled in her classroom.Thank you Lawton Chiles!

Posted March 16, 2011
This is a great school. I have two children enrolled. My son is in 2nd grade and my daughter in 5th grade. They have been there for the previous year as well. The teachers and staff are excellent and are attentive to the needs of students. Their zero tolerance for bullying is great. Among the fantastic teachers such as Mrs. Hoyos, Mrs. Murphy, Ms. Gaumond, Mr. Schafer, Mrs. Carillo are only a few that I have had contact with and as a parent appreciate their great teaching skills!!! Awesome!!! Great School.

Posted May 17, 2009

Posted April 28, 2009

Lawton Chiles Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2009

Posted December 04, 2008
Very good school. The principle is very attentive, and takes full ownership of his school.

Posted August 03, 2008

Lawton Chiles Elementary School 0

Posted July 27, 2008
This is a wonderful school. My child had a great learning experience in 4th grade with Ms. Skoloski and Ms. Rick. These teachers were there for the student. I must admit at first I thought they were too challenging for students until I saw the progress my child was making throughout the year. These two teachers are demanding, but now I am so glad that my child was in their classes. I would like to see the office have better communication with parents. When calling the school most of the time, no one will answer the phone. It was also very difficult to get the vice principal to call you back.

Lawton Chiles Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2008
From the outside Lawton Chiles looks like a great school and generally speaking it is good. There are definitely many excellent teachers, but the administration and support staff are weak. Unfortunately, the principal and assistant principal are more concerned about campus 'politics' than making decisions for the best interest of the staff and students.

Lawton Chiles Elementary School
11001 Bloomfield Drive, Orlando, FL  32825
Last modified Lawton Chiles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawton Chiles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top