645 students|Orange

Bad
Good

We have had a very positive experience at Camelot! Great staff & teachers! We love the activities, extracurriculars, and learning experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Camelot Elementary. I have 2 sons in this school who have been here 4 years combined. One son has special needs and we love the programs and the other one gifted and we love these programs as well! The Specials teachers are phenomenal! All the teachers, and staff are so caring & helpful. They are very responsive to questions and possible concerns! Can't say enough great things!

My special needs grandson is a 5th grader at Camelot Elementary. His teacher has done so much for him and our entire family, that words cannot express our gratitude and respect for her. The entire staff, both ESE and everyone else, have been the absolute best. They are caring and nurturing in ways that allow a child like my grandson--and every child--to build character and learn. I have been involved in many field trips and school activities over the years, and appreciate the level of parent participation. Earlier this year, my grandson and I were discussing some social-skills issues that he was having and I told him that not everyone could be accepting of them and that he must learn to cope and adapt. When I suggested that some kid might get upset and pick on him for certain behaviors he told me, "Grandma, nobody at my school would do that. We don't have bullies at Camelot." I think that sums it up.

Camelot Elementary is nothing short of AMAZING. I have 3 children currently attending the school (3rd, 2nd, and kindergarten). They have all attended the school since VPK and ALL 3 of them are reading at least 1 grade level about common core standards and excelling in math as well. My kids love the teachers and the entire staff truly seems to care about their students, putting their safety and education above all else. It has great diversity as well, and their friends are from all different backgrounds, something very vital to have well rounded children. In 4 years at the school I have not heard of a single fight or major incident of any kind. Anyone writing a bad review of this school likely just has a bad child and refuses accept responsibility for their poor parenting. I was born and raised in Winter Park and attended some of the best schools in the state, but none of them compare to what I have seen so far from Camelot. My kids are encouraged and pushed beyond their expectations and still continue to succeed. I attribute this to great teaching and awareness of individual capabilities of each child not just the lowest common denominator! Thank you Camelot keep it up!!

Camelot Elementary is a wonderful, top-notch school with superior teachers. It has a wonderful family feel the minute you walk into the building. The staff members are very warm and I am greeted by every staff member with a smile or a hello when I'm in the front office or lobby! My child is going into 2nd grade and has soared academically.

I have had children at Camelot since 2005. This is an excellent school! The Teachers are great and they really LOVE what they do. One of my boys took a little longer to become a fluent reader and the support we received was so critical to his academic sucess and his self esteem! I will be forever grateful! We moved into this area because of the school ratings back in 2004 and we are NOT dissapointed 10 years later!

I grew up in another country had very big different teaching systems than USA. I feel so lucky for my daughter Yv to be a student in this school. From the bottom of my heart I would like to special thanks to whom works from the heart like Mrs. Greene in 1st grade, Mrs. Parker was retired in 2nd grade, Mrs. Young in 3rd grade, Mr. Jackson in PE, principal Mrs. Aldridge & school staffs plus parent PTA club to put together a such a wonderful school like Camelot Elementary..............!

My child was attending at this Camelot Elementary School almost 4 years now & everything is so wonderful here. Especially new principal, teachers, staffs are so great. I would like to thanks for their dedication & I highly recommend to raise salary for them soon!

Camelot Elementary School is an "A" great school, it is like a family. I have two children attending this school, one in 1st grade and the other one in VPk and they have had wonderful teachers. Most of the teachers know my children by name and they really care about our little ones. The principal is very involved in the school. They have great activities for families, like Media night, Movie night, music festivals, fall and holiday festivals etc. One of my children has an IEP and since he started in VPK, all the teachers and therapists have been more than supportive with us. They really want to make a difference and make a better present and future for all the Camelot knights. My children and our family are very proud of our school. We came from other state (NY) three years ago and it was a wonderful surprise how well things are handled in this school and in the county. - A grateful Camelot Parent

Camelot is a great school and I feel unfair the comments posted last year about the VPK program. I think it is a very good program and the teachers are very caring about their students. They talk with every parent and care about the success of every student. I think that most of the parents agree with me. My little one is in VPK and she has learned a lot since the beginning of this year. Besides, they make great activities for the children and are very creative. They help them to develop a love for reading. The media center is very helpful with the parents and the children. My first one is in 1st grade and the two children love to read and they love their school very much. They have Art, Music, PE, etc. You can see the appreciation of the children for their teachers when they are growing in this school and they remember all of them with love. When the children hug their current and old teachers, that gesture can tell the quality of the education more than words can say. They have a School Wide Behavior Plan that is remarkable about who are the Camelot Noble Knights. Go Camelot Knights! You are great!! This school is really a place when the dreams begin! - A parent

Last modified Camelot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.