Orlando, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 20, 2014
Camelot Elementary is nothing short of AMAZING. I have 3 children currently attending the school (3rd, 2nd, and kindergarten). They have all attended the school since VPK and ALL 3 of them are reading at least 1 grade level about common core standards and excelling in math as well. My kids love the teachers and the entire staff truly seems to care about their students, putting their safety and education above all else. It has great diversity as well, and their friends are from all different backgrounds, something very vital to have well rounded children. In 4 years at the school I have not heard of a single fight or major incident of any kind. Anyone writing a bad review of this school likely just has a bad child and refuses accept responsibility for their poor parenting. I was born and raised in Winter Park and attended some of the best schools in the state, but none of them compare to what I have seen so far from Camelot. My kids are encouraged and pushed beyond their expectations and still continue to succeed. I attribute this to great teaching and awareness of individual capabilities of each child not just the lowest common denominator! Thank you Camelot keep it up!!

Posted August 14, 2014
Camelot Elementary is a wonderful, top-notch school with superior teachers. It has a wonderful family feel the minute you walk into the building. The staff members are very warm and I am greeted by every staff member with a smile or a hello when I'm in the front office or lobby! My child is going into 2nd grade and has soared academically.

Posted July 18, 2014
I have had children at Camelot since 2005. This is an excellent school! The Teachers are great and they really LOVE what they do. One of my boys took a little longer to become a fluent reader and the support we received was so critical to his academic sucess and his self esteem! I will be forever grateful! We moved into this area because of the school ratings back in 2004 and we are NOT dissapointed 10 years later!

Posted June 24, 2014
I grew up in another country had very big different teaching systems than USA. I feel so lucky for my daughter Yv to be a student in this school. From the bottom of my heart I would like to special thanks to whom works from the heart like Mrs. Greene in 1st grade, Mrs. Parker was retired in 2nd grade, Mrs. Young in 3rd grade, Mr. Jackson in PE, principal Mrs. Aldridge & school staffs plus parent PTA club to put together a such a wonderful school like Camelot Elementary..............!

Posted April 19, 2014
My child was attending at this Camelot Elementary School almost 4 years now & everything is so wonderful here. Especially new principal, teachers, staffs are so great. I would like to thanks for their dedication & I highly recommend to raise salary for them soon!

Posted October 24, 2013
Camelot Elementary School is an "A" great school, it is like a family. I have two children attending this school, one in 1st grade and the other one in VPk and they have had wonderful teachers. Most of the teachers know my children by name and they really care about our little ones. The principal is very involved in the school. They have great activities for families, like Media night, Movie night, music festivals, fall and holiday festivals etc. One of my children has an IEP and since he started in VPK, all the teachers and therapists have been more than supportive with us. They really want to make a difference and make a better present and future for all the Camelot knights. My children and our family are very proud of our school. We came from other state (NY) three years ago and it was a wonderful surprise how well things are handled in this school and in the county. - A grateful Camelot Parent

Posted October 24, 2013
Camelot is a great school and I feel unfair the comments posted last year about the VPK program. I think it is a very good program and the teachers are very caring about their students. They talk with every parent and care about the success of every student. I think that most of the parents agree with me. My little one is in VPK and she has learned a lot since the beginning of this year. Besides, they make great activities for the children and are very creative. They help them to develop a love for reading. The media center is very helpful with the parents and the children. My first one is in 1st grade and the two children love to read and they love their school very much. They have Art, Music, PE, etc. You can see the appreciation of the children for their teachers when they are growing in this school and they remember all of them with love. When the children hug their current and old teachers, that gesture can tell the quality of the education more than words can say. They have a School Wide Behavior Plan that is remarkable about who are the Camelot Noble Knights. Go Camelot Knights! You are great!! This school is really a place when the dreams begin! - A parent

Posted January 25, 2013
Camelot has one of the best VPK programs in the county. The VPK teachers are amazing and really give the love and attention that all 4 and 5 year old need as their first experience at school. NOt only do they show the kids they care but they push them to the next level in their education. The teachers get kids from not knowing their alphabets or their numbers to knowing how to read basic sight words in 5 months. I could not have chosen a better place for my daughter. When I did my research with other parents that had attended the VPK program before and all they told me was that she could not have any better teacher than the VPK teacher at Camelot andwere very happy of how much their kids knew by the end of the year. The kids are more than prepared by the time they go to kindergarden. Besides the VPK teachers, the whole staff in the school are very friendly and always ready to help and make you feel your needs are fulfilled. Camelot is a great school with exceptional teachers!!!

Camelot Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2012
The VPK program in this school is not only a joke but a house of horror, where the so called disciplinary tactics used could psychologically scare a child for life; the teachers of this program are nothing but glorified baby sitters, with unethical and unprofessional approach to learning. They make no attempts to conceal their favoritism towards certain parents and students. The classroom is so much better when substitute teachers take over. The principal of this school is just a principal by title, she does not have the set skills to manage an institution of learning of this magnitude, parents complaints and concerns are not taken or looked into seriously but instead she is an enabler and always ready to side with her incompetent teachers. As a parent I could not put up with this anymore I had to withdraw my child from the horror in this school, no regrets at all because he is in a better school where the teachers and principal know what it is to teach and educate future leaders.

Camelot Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2012
i am not going to rate a school, i am going to rate the system. Why are there SO many "holidays" off . 2-days off during one week??? 1/16/12 then 1/20/12. the teachers and students get more days off then anyone i know. Why are they out @ 2:45 every day, and on wednesday they get out at 1:45???? WHY There is way too much buracratic stuff in the system and not enough foucus on the children. If you listen to Steve Jobs, the children should be in school till 6pm. LEARNING i agree with that !!!! how much money gets thrown at the public schools and America is not even in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, we are way at the bottom. When are we going to wake up and start changing these "relaxed" standards.

Camelot Elementary School
14501 Waterford Chase Parkway, Orlando, FL  32828
Last modified Camelot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camelot Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top