College Park United Methodist Primary School

Private | PK-5

Living in Orlando

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $159,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Sweep tile

Posted July 14, 2009

My son is now entering third grade at College Park and we are so happy with our decision. He has been at the school since Kindergarten. He reads at a 5th grade level and I am confident that the school is the main reason he has excelled. Small class sizes, individual attention, loving environment have really helped him come out of his shell and thrive in school. He was actually upset when school ended for the year, but happy when we told him he was attending the summer program. Last year he participated in numerous afterschool activities. Reading club, cooking club each semester the school offers a variety of afterschool activities. Wonderful thing last year they incorporated Spanish into the classes offered at the school.

Posted June 12, 2009

I have two daughters, ages 11 and 12, who both started at the Baby House when they were 12 weeks old. My oldest graduated last year from the Primary School and started in public school this past school year, where she excelled. The transition from a small school to a large public school was no problem. I believe this is due to the great teachers and staff they have had at the Primary School, where they have not only received a solid education, but also learned drama and music, which has given them unbelievable self-confidence. When my 12 year old started 6th grade, she was able to start in the advanced classes that were offered, made the cheerleading squad, received very high marks on her FCATs, made straight A s and got the lead part in her middle school s spring musical (beating out 8th graders). I am saying these things only to show the foundation that is set for the children attending the Primary School. I know that when my 11 year old starts middle school in August, that she will also have no problem adjusting to a larger school and will do just as well as her sister has. The Primary School has been a blessing to our family and I highly recommend it.

Posted May 29, 2009

After having my oldest son at the CPUMC CDC through Pre-K, we decided to place him in public school for Kindergarten. Unfortunately, the experience we had was not as we expected for an A rated school. He struggled with reading throughout the year and did not progress to the level of his academic potential. As a result, we made a decision to return to the CPUMC Primary School for first grade and have had no regrets in our decision. His self-confidence has improved, and the progress he has made in reading and other academic areas has been dramatic. The teachers are outstanding and do their best to challenge students academically. The small class size also allows for one-on-one instruction when needed. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted May 19, 2009

Wonderful school. When we moved to Orlando we searched for 2 years for the right school. Our daughter is very happy and thriving in school because of the individual attention and small class size. My daughter is confident and is getting a great foundation early on. We couldn t be happier.

Posted May 16, 2009

We are parents of two children at CPUMC, and could not be more pleased with the care and education that our kids are receiving. Our daughter started in the baby house when she was 3 mos. old, and is about to complete Kindergarten. She reads at a higher than first grade level, and has become very articulate and thoughtful as a result of her time there. The children are taught manners, values, and behavioral cause and effect. Very important to us. Our son is 3, and attends the child development center program. While not set up for special needs students, the CDC staff have been a tremendous support for our speech-delayed son. They are flexible, supportive, and do what they can to help him develop. The teachers go out of their way to reinforce what his speech therapist teaches, and what we are teaching at home. We love this school.

Posted May 8, 2009

Incredible one-on-one approach, with very small class sizes. My son was in a local 'A' school, but it does not even compare to the progress he is making here. As parents, we are astounded at the progress he is making.

Posted May 6, 2009

College Park United Methodist Primary School is school is one of the best kept secrets in the Orlando area! Our 5 year old twins have been attending this school since June 2008. We have been so pleased with the school and the quality of teachers and staff. This school offers a truly exceptional individualized learning plan for each student. The low student/ teacher ratios allow the teacher to really understand and focus on the student's needs. The school not only offers an incredible academic program, but also an opportunity for the families to have quality experiences together. We understand how difficult it is to make the financial commitment to a private school, but feel the investment in our children and the school's commitment to them, is worth the sacrifice.

Posted April 29, 2009

Having my child in a Christian school that supported his love of art and music was important to me. Most of the schools I found were outragiously priced. CPUMC offers a great artistic program on top of an excellent academic program-and it is affordable. Also, my son is in a class of 6 students, so their isn't a single lesson in class that he doesn't literally get his hands on. He is reading well above his friends. I'm thrilled I found this place.

Posted March 23, 2009

This is a fabulous school! My daughter thrives in the small class sizes. She is in the 5th grade and wehave loved CPUMC Primary School since 2nd Grade. The teachers are out of this world! They do a lot of special events throughout the year with the kids - Fairy Tale Ball, Fall Festival, Spring Fling, Lock In, Trunk or Treat, Poetry Reading, Art Show, Science Fair, etc. There is also a field trip a month. I wouldn't trade anything to go back to public school.

Posted March 23, 2009

This school has been a blessing for our family and especially my child. The teachers genuinely care about their students and the progress they are making. Class sizes are small, which ensures my child will get the individualized attention he deserves that he certainly cannot get in public schools. Cirriculum is taught with a hands on approach. My son brings home projects and can show me a concept he learned instead of just bringing home worksheets. I would absolutely recommend this school to other parents.

Posted March 20, 2009

After attending a public Kindergarten, we made the decision to enroll in the CPUMC Primary School for first grade. We found that the public school was not in the best interest of our son's learning and pretty much had a 'wasted' kindergarten year. What a difference this school year at the Primary School has been! The small class size and individualized instruction has been wonderful! The progress our son has made has been tremendous and we are very pleased with the school. It is evident that all of the teachers and administration care deeply about all of the children and strive to challenge them academically and equipt them with both the educational and character building traits that our public school failed to do. Our son loves his school and so do we!

Posted January 31, 2009

My son started at 'The Baby House' and is now a four year old at the CDC. Now, my 10 month old is at 'The Baby House'. This school has been wonderful and I'm at ease knowing that my children are in such capable hands. There is a rich and age appropriate curriculum. The school's director, Mary Massey is top notch and consistently makes choices based on the best interests of the children. I couldn't be happier.

Posted November 20, 2007

My daughter is 15 months old and has been at the College Park CDC for 3 months. She started in the 'Baby House' for a month and is now in the first 1 year old room. Based on other local daycares we have been thrilled with College Park Methodist CDC. The teachers are very caring, they have a good system for the children, they start a learning curriculum at 10 months and it includes language, music, art and movement. Great play areas, and everyone there is absolutely as nice as can be - the teachers, the staff and the other parents.

Posted January 2, 2007

My daughter has been a student at this school since she was 11 weeks old. The baby house has developmental rooms where the kids must achieve certain goals then are promoted. The teachers helped me transition from a bottle to a sippy cup with great ease. When it came time for potty training, my child was a pro in a one week. The curriculum is amazing. My daughter has an outstanding vocabulary and she's only 3 years old. The teachers communicate with the parent's about the children's progress and become part of the family. I am truly blessed that I have found this wonderful school.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Year-round
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Fax number
  • (407) 841-6070

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious