PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 16, 2014
The Conrad Academy has grown leaps and bounds since it has been Teachers Hand Academy. I have witnessed students grow spiritually and academically. Students are taught character building skills that they will use for the rest of their lives. The teachers here really care and love their students the way God has called them to love.

The Conrad Academy 1

Posted March 06, 2014
Teacher's Hands Academy is now called The Conrad Academy and located at 9580 Curry Ford Road. The Conrad Academy is not a place for spiritual and academic growth. The Conrad Academy is a place for children that are permanently removed from public schools due to behavior issues. Dress code, rules and regulations are not enforced. I would rate K-5 teachers 4 out of 5; however 6 and up they would receive a 1 out of 5. The Conrad Academy needs more structure, a Dean of Students and a Principal, I would add a police office on staff too. I would say the teacher student ration is a 5 out 5.

Posted October 30, 2013
i love this school for my kids they love it the teacher are amazing the principle is so nice and this school makes my kids wake up in the morning and saying i wanna go to school mommy

Posted June 27, 2008
My child has been at Teachers Hands for three years and this has been the best year so far. Graduation and the many awards ceremonies were so good. I can't wait until he graduates. Every child felt special and I could not believe how much all the staff seemed to know so much about every child. I would not want to go to any other school.

The Conrad Academy 2

Posted September 19, 2007
My daughter is presently attending THA _ this is her third year- she is in kindergarten. Am I happy with the school? No, I am not! I started doing research on other private schools that I can take my daughter to along with her 'children first' scholarship. I have grave concerns with teaching tactics in my daughter's class. Would I recommend this school? Mrs. Linda Terrell- head teacher of 4 year olds is the only one I'd trust to teach my child and the preschool director: Ms. Rita Tucker is the best!! The chapel has an excellent pastor: Jose. He is a wonderful inspiration for all children. Best advice: keep on searching... God Bless.

The Conrad Academy 4

Posted August 05, 2007
MY son is been going to this school since 5th grade; now he is going to 11th grade. Without the help and family type environment of this school, I don't think he would hve made so far. He got good moral, character and respect, that I know the beside the out bringing of his family and the help that this school had provided him , it wouldn't be the same. Thank you Teacher Hhands Academy and the faculty staffs.

Posted July 18, 2007
My child took Spanish 1 and 2 in the high school. As a junior he is going to take American Sign Language. He participates in many afterschool activities like Student Government and Beta Club. He is also learning to work in ministry opportunities and taking Band. His classes were college prep material and much more advanced than anything my friend's students are doing in the local public school. Joe Bailey

Posted July 17, 2007
My two children have attended this school for four years. My oldest daughter is an 11 grader and this year had the opportunity to dual enroll at a local votech school, Valencia Community College, or Florida Virtual School because of her grades (she was below grade level just four years ago now she is testing two years above). Anyway, when I set up a guardian account at Florida Virtual School we were thrilled to see all the electives my child can take from Chinese, Spanish, Latin to Computer, Web Design, Graphic Design, Driver's Education. My daughter is so excited about the endless possibilities of being able to add online classes to her schedule. This is a great privilege for her and a benefit to her education. I'm thankful for this school.

Posted July 17, 2007
Not sure what people mean no extra curricular activities. My son has played both soccer and basketball at this school. He even had the opportunity to play on the Magic court because the team was selected. He was involved in 4H, Chess Club, Homework Study, Mime, and Junior Hip Hop. At Christmas he participated in a full drama and music presentation. As a fourth grader last year he learned to play the flute-a-phone. He has had opportunities to attend church with the different school groups on both Wednesday and Friday nights. His favorite part of the week is chapel because he loves all the singing they do. There were less than 13 students in his class and his reading level on the SAT was two levels above grade level. I have only been impressed by the program which continues to get better and better.

Posted June 13, 2007
My daughter just finished taking four different drama classes and 24 college credits while still in high school at Teacher's Hands Academy. What an incredible opportunity my child has had at THA. I am so thankful.

2000 N. Goldenrod Road, Orlando, FL  32807