No rating

The Morningstar Academy

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Orlando

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $980.

Posted May 1, 2008

This is my son's first experience with homeschooling and it has not been very good. The one on one tutoring is pretty worthless, I have had to hire a tutor for his Algebra. When I have voiced my frustrations to the school all I get is I'm sorry. (If I can get a hold of anyone) I suppose It is good for kids that are extremely smart and don't need any teachers.

Posted April 18, 2008

I go to the Morningstar and personally I hate it. The teachers are nice(at times), but their lazy sometimes. One teacher wouldn't change my grade she said because 'shes not able to change my grade'. I know this is a lie because my grade has been changed many times. Another thing is that many of the atomatically grade asignments mark answers wrong that are actuallly right. When this happens I have to mail the teacher and wait for a reply, which takes forever. Sorry for any spelling mitakes Im not abele to scroll down on what i'm typing so i cant see what im typing.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 26, 2008

This is my son's fourth year attending Morning Star. He is a Senior this year. He is ADHD and this program has helped him because he can work on school at his peak focus times - which from time to time is in the middle of the night. He actually was able to live in Ukraine for the first quarter of his junior year, attend some classes with the US Embassy school there and still work on his regular classes. In the public school his grades were C,D, and F's but now he is getting A's, B's, and C's. The work is challenging but it does provide a good education and I do not have to grade papers and prepare lessons. For us it is a win, win and I have recommended this program to others and will continue to.

Posted March 26, 2008

This school is not one of my favorite schools. We have been homeschooling our son since he was 4. We attened Abeka Academy. What a difference. Abeka is well structured and amazing. MorningStar is terrible. Our son used to get staight A's now he gets F's! The lessons are very confusing and the teachers are rude. They act like its a big deal they create portfolio for you but they forget to mention the 75 dollar fee. Do not use this program if you value your childs education!

Posted March 15, 2008

This is a wonderful school if you do not live in NY. NYS requires 990 hours/yr. The school doesnt give you nearly that much. Other than that its a wonderful program.

Posted February 13, 2008

The school has been a good experience for my daughter. Communicating via email or phone with the school has been very difficult. I have waited up to 2 weeks for a response at times.

Posted December 9, 2007

I have many frustrations with communications from the schol The phone is never answered and the parents site is not up to date with the student s site For someone who has home schooled this may be no nig deal but we did not and have had extreme amounts of frustration about our ability to communicate. This was not the case last year but has been this year

Posted August 17, 2007

I have been extremely grateful for The Morningstar academy online homeschool program. It has made my life so much easier. Right now I have three students at MorningStar and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone considering homeschooling. There really is no comparison between using them and trying to homeschool alone with just a curriculum. I love it!

Posted December 2, 2006

My son is enrolled in The Morning Star Academy after doing 5 years of Abeka. I am thrilled with Morning Star and my son is pleased also. It is fun for him and thus, motivational. He loves chatting online with the other students in the social center . He also likes using the raise your hand button for asking the teachers a question. After assignments are submitted, the teacher leaves comments for the student. My son really enjoys this feedback. Sometimes there are a few technical difficulties, but not enough to turn me off. The staff seems to be quick about dealing with these problems. Overall, I think it is a great schooling alternative.

Posted June 28, 2006

My daughter has attended for two school years. i am very pleased with it. There is a lack of teacher help but my daughter can pretty much go through the lessons on her own. The workload can be overwhelming at times, and challenging. But the over all quality and flexibility of the school is good. I have found them to be parent friendly and helpful.

Posted June 7, 2006

I have just started looking into this school I am sofar impressed with the fact that they offer AP classes and are able to track progress online. Morningstar Academy also allows students to take classes outside of their program and get credit for them in their JOY program.

Posted May 30, 2006

This is a online program. There is to many server problems and hardly no one on one teacher help, which they call 'raise your hand' any complaints are in one ear out the other.

10151 Univeristy Blvd