Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 06, 2015
The teachers were very helpful. They answered my son's questions usually within minutes. If he was struggling with something they sent him a video or a website that explained the topic in more detail. The teachers at Morningstar Academy were very supportive and encouraged him in his faith. We couldn't really ask for anything more.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 06, 2015
There wasn't really homeschool cuz its an online school, but the amount of course work was pretty good. Some electives could have had more work probably. His english courses were a lot of work cuz they had a lot of novels to read.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
It engaged my son which meant that we didn't have to fight about schoolwork. He was into it. That made all the difference. When he went to public school it was a daily battle to get him to go, get him to do his homework, get him to study for tests. Awful. At Morningstar, I guess because he liked learning with videos and also he could do it at his own pace and also he liked the teachers, learning was not a chore. Less friction for me. So great!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
Yes. By giving them daily devotions and scriptures, they stay grounded in the Lord. Cant get that too many places.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
Yes. The fact that the school is Christian is why I chose it in the beginning. I love it because each lesson points the kids back to the source of truth-the Bible. I think this school helped my son's walk with the Lord.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
Absolutely! The teachers are there for you. They helped my son reach higher. They believed in him.

The Morningstar Academy 5

Posted July 06, 2015
All around great experience. Wonderful teachers. Help whenever we needed it. Interesting lessons that kept my son engaged. He was not interested in learning when we pulled him out of middle school so I was worried we would have a hard time with homeschooling. Thankfully we found the Morningstar academy and he found teachers he liked and got into his science courses. I liked the convenience of it--they lay it all out for the students. I can check his work and see how he's doing. It is a great place!!!

The Morningstar Academy 1

Posted July 02, 2014
I had to get my GED after "graduating." Says accredited, but when I applied to college it wasn't accepted.

The Morningstar Academy 3

Posted December 14, 2013
The methods of approach from different teachers varies. While some teachers are generally lenient; others can be hard or stressful. None have provided me with any personal help, aside from critiquing a rough draft of a paper, even when I felt I really needed it. However, assignments are not exactly due right away and self-paced (meaning students can submit other assignments he/she are more confident about) or simply ask for clarification on the direction of the assignment. My biggest letdown regarding the teaching system was lack of clearly defined goals. To explain, I once had to take the same class twice; same assignments yet different teachers. The old teacher preferred details; the new teacher wanted a broader outlook in the essays and "unnecessary details" to a minimum. Each teacher was tasked with the same regime but understood the preferred approach differently. My suggestion is Morningstar teachers should be required to thoroughly outline, understand and identify to the maximum potential their intended objectives and preferred reasoning to students for easy transitioning and comprehension for written assignments. MSA can be faulty in many areas, but it can be a good option.

The Morningstar Academy 5

Posted March 11, 2013
In searching for schools like Morning Star it would be really helpful if the Director of the school would respond to the bad reviews. There was one response dated May 15, 2012 but for the sake and future of the school it would be nice as a parent on the outside looking in for a good school for my son to hear rebuttal. I'm all ready to sign up but these reviews are discouraging only from the standpoint that I'm coming from another online Christian school (Western Christian Academy). They have been horrible with the on call teacher. I want a dependable school that does their job so that my child can do theirs.

10151 Univeristy Blvd, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified The Morningstar Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
The Morningstar Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top