Posted July 02, 2014
I had to get my GED after "graduating." Says accredited, but when I applied to college it wasn't accepted.

The Morningstar Academy 3

Posted December 14, 2013
The methods of approach from different teachers varies. While some teachers are generally lenient; others can be hard or stressful. None have provided me with any personal help, aside from critiquing a rough draft of a paper, even when I felt I really needed it. However, assignments are not exactly due right away and self-paced (meaning students can submit other assignments he/she are more confident about) or simply ask for clarification on the direction of the assignment. My biggest letdown regarding the teaching system was lack of clearly defined goals. To explain, I once had to take the same class twice; same assignments yet different teachers. The old teacher preferred details; the new teacher wanted a broader outlook in the essays and "unnecessary details" to a minimum. Each teacher was tasked with the same regime but understood the preferred approach differently. My suggestion is Morningstar teachers should be required to thoroughly outline, understand and identify to the maximum potential their intended objectives and preferred reasoning to students for easy transitioning and comprehension for written assignments. MSA can be faulty in many areas, but it can be a good option.

Posted March 11, 2013
In searching for schools like Morning Star it would be really helpful if the Director of the school would respond to the bad reviews. There was one response dated May 15, 2012 but for the sake and future of the school it would be nice as a parent on the outside looking in for a good school for my son to hear rebuttal. I'm all ready to sign up but these reviews are discouraging only from the standpoint that I'm coming from another online Christian school (Western Christian Academy). They have been horrible with the on call teacher. I want a dependable school that does their job so that my child can do theirs.

The Morningstar Academy 3

Posted August 31, 2012
The only problem I have with this school is the billing. What a nightmare! Had to extend my son for the summer, paid for the previous grade in full and 300.00 for the extension. My son could not log in to the summer extension. Was told because I had not paid for the next grade yet. After a very long and stressful phone call FINALLY they granted him access to the summer program after I stated I was taking it to the AG's office. Paid in full for something and he was denied it for a grade he had not even started yet. I gave MSA a three star because my son has enjoyed the teachers. It is the office and billing I have a problem with it is like the left hand has no idea what right hand is doing. Maybe if they stop letting the computers think for them and start dealing with people they would get better ratings.

Posted May 15, 2012
In response to the posting dated May 2, 2012: Please contact Mike the Director of Operations directly to resolve any issue you may be experiencing.1-866-788-3920 Ext.106

Posted May 02, 2012
Awful, I would never recommend this school to any parent willing to put their child into online schooling. I am currently enrolled as a senior in this schooling and as a first hand account would tell every parent thinking about putting their children into this school to stop what they're doing, and consider, do you really want your child to have an education through traditional schooling, or do you want to waste your child's time and effort only to be told later that they're just going to need another class to go a long with that they did. In all I would say this is by far the worst curriculum I have ever had to bare. I got one month away from graduating and then was told that i can not graduate until I have done a physical education and health class, both of which I have already taken. Their reasoning behind not counting my physical education and health credits is because they were not taken in the same year. This schooling has in all honestly totally ruined my senior year, please do not support this school in any way if you value your child's education.

Posted February 28, 2012
Currently I am a student at Morningstar Academy and I hate it. This is my first year homeschooling and I am having a dreadful experience. The teachers are rude and they dont really want to help you at times and others are very helpful. Also, their curriculum is outdated. Dont waste your time and money on this.

Posted April 05, 2011
I attend this school and I'm not very pleased. The teachers are very rude and give me wrong answers when they are actually right. Also they changed the deadline from June 30th to June 19th without any notice at all. I don't reccomend this school to anyone and I prefer regular homeschooling. It takes up to an hour to get someone[if you're lucky]. And it is a waste of the $2,000 dollar tuition fee. I don't expect to return next year.

Posted November 22, 2010
I am a graduate of Morningstar Academy and I cannot stress enough what an awful experience it has been. We spoke over the phone with people about what classes I needed to take my senior year and based my schedule around that. In May (the month I was to graduate) I was informed that I needed to take a U.S. History class. This gave me six weeks to complete an entire year's worth of material. To make it worse, I never received a copy of my diploma because they wouldn't accept my certificate of personal training from ACE as physical education. As far as them being accredited, make sure they are in your state, as they are not in Georgia. I found out the hard way. Please don't waste your time at this school because it has caused much more stress than it is worth.

Posted November 09, 2010
Excellent program. Everythng is online. Receive great feedback from the teachers. Only had one issue last year, we didn't receive all the materials but we were not charged for them. Teachers are responsive when I ask questions. Students get to form their own opinion about the materials they are learning about.

The Morningstar Academy
10151 Univeristy Blvd, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified The Morningstar Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
The Morningstar Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top