The Morningstar Academy 5

Posted August 04, 2015
OUTSTANDING CURRICULUM! My 3 children LLOVE this curriculum because it is so interactive and fun, they literally can't wait to start school every morning. i have peace of mind because everything is set up for me regarding record keeping and transcripts. I work part time at home so this has been a God send! Grateful to the teachers who are very patient and will answer as many questions as my girls throw at them. we plan to stay at The Morningstar academy all the way through high school...its that great!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 04, 2015
Very high quality teachers. They grade all the work. They give feedback about my student's work. I am very happy with the teachers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 04, 2015
Just right, i feel like the kids have enough to do but not too much, except for maybe the reading in English-that gets heavy sometimes.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Some of the work is very challenging. While the courses use games and adventures and stuff like that they also hold the kids to a high standard to earn that college-bound high school diploma.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Yes. It really helps me to have the teachers who hold my girls accountable. its different than answering to me all day. They have more respect for their teachers in some ways and show it better.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
absolutely...because they are Biblically based i can trust that they are teaching my kids from a right point of view.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
I love the fact that Morningstar is Christian. The teachers are Christians who care about our kids. They give our kids scriptures even. They point the kids to the Bible for answers.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 06, 2015
The teachers were very helpful. They answered my son's questions usually within minutes. If he was struggling with something they sent him a video or a website that explained the topic in more detail. The teachers at Morningstar Academy were very supportive and encouraged him in his faith. We couldn't really ask for anything more.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 06, 2015
There wasn't really homeschool cuz its an online school, but the amount of course work was pretty good. Some electives could have had more work probably. His english courses were a lot of work cuz they had a lot of novels to read.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
It engaged my son which meant that we didn't have to fight about schoolwork. He was into it. That made all the difference. When he went to public school it was a daily battle to get him to go, get him to do his homework, get him to study for tests. Awful. At Morningstar, I guess because he liked learning with videos and also he could do it at his own pace and also he liked the teachers, learning was not a chore. Less friction for me. So great!

10151 Univeristy Blvd, Orlando, FL  32817
Last modified The Morningstar Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
The Morningstar Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top