K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (3 responses)

The Morningstar Academy 5

Posted June 16, 2016
I chose The Morning star Academy because it was accredited and that my High Schoolers would get a diploma.2 of my children have graduated from the Morning Star Academy. They did not have any trouble getting into the State School system in Hawaii. I liked that I did not have to grade their work but they had teachers to do that and they could ask for help if they needed it. Mike the administrator was always helpful if I ever has any questions. I think one the my kids learned was the importance of time management and to be responsible for getting their school done. They either succeeded in that or failed at it either way they learned that to be successful is to manage ones time well. The online homeschooling allowed us to be flexible with our vacations and time off. If we needed to do something during the week they could make it up on the weekends. My kids loved that they could sleep in while their peers had to wake up early for class. I would say though no school is perfect the Morning Star has definitely been a good choice for our family.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 16, 2016
Mike was always helpful with a great positive attitude. I would say my experience with Mike was my question was always answered or he would find out for me what I needed to do in each situation.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 12, 2016
Mike Minnahan has been a true blessing and has helped me through the process of homeschooling through high school. What a wonderful resource. I hope Southern Baptist Academy understands what they have in this dedicated employee.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 12, 2016
This year the teachers have been responsive when contacted and have provided appropriate and fair constructive criticism on written assignments. One of the great features of SBA is the "raise your hand" function that allows the student to interact with the teacher while working on the lesson.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 12, 2016
Southern Baptist Academy had unit lessons that were adequately demanding but we never considered it homework. Compared to private Christian school, the work load was good.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 12, 2016
The rigorous course work loads help to develop these traits. College will be the true test.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 12, 2016
My son as well as myself were always treated with respect - again modeling this Godly character trait. Mr. Minnahan was an integral part of my interaction with the school and the respect he always showed me was greatly appreciated.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 12, 2016
The teachers my son dealt with exhibited these attributes, therefore modeling them to my son.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 12, 2016
Southern Baptist Academy strives to develop Godly character in its students, including but not limited to honesty, integrity, and fairness.

The Morningstar Academy 5

Posted May 12, 2016
My son started at Southern Baptist Academy (online - related to the Morningstar Academy) for 7th grade. In about a month, he will be graduating from High School. While there have been a few bumps along the way, overall I would say this has been an excellent online distance learning experience. The glue that held everything together was my communication with Mike Minnahan. Mr. Minnahan was always available, helpful, courteous, professional, and thorough. It is because of Mr. Minnahan's help that I maintained my sanity at times when I was ready to give up. He should also be credited with helping make sure all graduation requirements were completed. The course work and website are good at Southern Baptist Academy (grades 7-12) but what really made the experience great was Mr Minnahan. God Bless you Mr. Minnahan, you have truly been a tremendous blessing to me and my family and we can't say thank you enough. Cindy Monelly, Newport News, VA

10151 Univeristy Blvd, Orlando, FL  32817
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 77 reviews.
Last modified The Morningstar Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12