K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

I chose The Morning star Academy because it was accredited and that my High Schoolers would get a diploma.2 of my children have graduated from the Morning Star Academy. They did not have any trouble getting into the State School system in Hawaii. I liked that I did not have to grade their work but they had teachers to do that and they could ask for help if they needed it. Mike the administrator was always helpful if I ever has any questions. I think one the my kids learned was the importance of time management and to be responsible for getting their school done. They either succeeded in that or failed at it either way they learned that to be successful is to manage ones time well. The online homeschooling allowed us to be flexible with our vacations and time off. If we needed to do something during the week they could make it up on the weekends. My kids loved that they could sleep in while their peers had to wake up early for class. I would say though no school is perfect the Morning Star has definitely been a good choice for our family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This year the teachers have been responsive when contacted and have provided appropriate and fair constructive criticism on written assignments. One of the great features of SBA is the "raise your hand" function that allows the student to interact with the teacher while working on the lesson.

Amount of homework: no rating

Southern Baptist Academy had unit lessons that were adequately demanding but we never considered it homework. Compared to private Christian school, the work load was good.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Southern Baptist Academy strives to develop Godly character in its students, including but not limited to honesty, integrity, and fairness.

My son started at Southern Baptist Academy (online - related to the Morningstar Academy) for 7th grade. In about a month, he will be graduating from High School. While there have been a few bumps along the way, overall I would say this has been an excellent online distance learning experience. The glue that held everything together was my communication with Mike Minnahan. Mr. Minnahan was always available, helpful, courteous, professional, and thorough. It is because of Mr. Minnahan's help that I maintained my sanity at times when I was ready to give up. He should also be credited with helping make sure all graduation requirements were completed. The course work and website are good at Southern Baptist Academy (grades 7-12) but what really made the experience great was Mr Minnahan. God Bless you Mr. Minnahan, you have truly been a tremendous blessing to me and my family and we can't say thank you enough. Cindy Monelly, Newport News, VA

Amount of homework: Disagree

answered too much, because sometimes this curriculum is really challenging. American History is all papers and my daughter hates papers. Wish this course had more tests along with a paper or two.

it's our daughter's first year at The Morningstar Academy and we have found it to be really great. She's in 9th grade, and really enjoys the challenges of the curriculum. A much stronger curriculum than she would find in public school. Unlike some of the reviews, we have found that the customer service is outstanding, we especially like Mike who is there way more than he is not. He's always very helpful and assists us in so many ways. A lot of those reviews were from years ago, so my guess is TMA has really worked on improving their customer service. The one review that worried us the most was the curriculum wasn't be accepted by colleges, but I will definitely call Mike first thing (I'm sure he'll be there) and ask him about it, as he always has. Please consider this school for your online school needs, we have found it very challenging, rewarding and worthwhile.

Awesome experience! We have been enrolled at The Morningstar Academy for 7 of our 9 years of homeschooling and it has been a truly wonderful experience. Curriculum is great & interactive. Teachers are supportive and interested in my kids. Mike in customer service is phenomenal. Strongly recommend this online school to anyone wanting a solid Christian curriculum with great support.

OUTSTANDING CURRICULUM! My 3 children LLOVE this curriculum because it is so interactive and fun, they literally can't wait to start school every morning. i have peace of mind because everything is set up for me regarding record keeping and transcripts. I work part time at home so this has been a God send! Grateful to the teachers who are very patient and will answer as many questions as my girls throw at them. we plan to stay at The Morningstar academy all the way through high school...its that great!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very high quality teachers. They grade all the work. They give feedback about my student's work. I am very happy with the teachers.

Last modified The Morningstar Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12