PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Living Word is a great school! My son loves it and is learning so much! I am grateful for everything the academy has done for him!

I highly recommend this school. I have two children that attend this school & they absolutely love it! Their academic curriculum is challenging & faith based! The staff is great! The teacher & parent communication is outstanding! I plan to keep my children there until 8th grade which is the highest grade they currently offer. I pray that eventually they would provide High School level teachings!

I enrolled my kids for 2008-2009 school year & was somewhat disappointed.After reg fees/books were paid,we were informed @ Orientation that classes were going to be combined.How could that possibly be a good idea?If your child was a little behind,how could they learn correctly in a class w/ 2 different grade levels?If your child was top of the class,where would the challenge be?And,if they are taking the same test in a combined grade level class, what does the lower grade learn next yr? Teacher/parent communication is terrible. Public schools communication is actually THE BEST..agenda,phone voicemail,& email to contact teacher.With LWA, you have to make an appt or write a letter & wait for response.Last,school starts @ 8:35AM & sometimes the elem school doors are locked @ 8:25AM,which makes your child late sometimes.Overall,they're organized & clean.Kid's loved the lunch.It's just the classroom I had a problem with.I switched schools this year :(

A great school with loving people to teach and care for our children

Curriculum-Abeka Low enrollment this year. Classes were grouped. K &1st, 2nd & 3rd, 4th & 5th (School goes thru 5th). This was informed after paid tuition fees. Informed of this during Parent Orientation. Tuition is average,not cheap either. $450.00 + book fee, etc. For this amount we expected our child not to share with other grade. Art- What art? Prior school used Abeka art book for teachers. Here there is an Art teacher, but teacher is shifted around. Music? none. Only during special events. 2 this year.Which I give credit, they are organized. Teacher communication-only thru Agenda. Face to face talk is almost impossible. I found this horrible. Curriculum is good-small chance for error since they don't deviate. Teachers can't add much to the curriculum. Cleanliness-very good. Lunch-no outside lunch allowed,only snack. Computers-none Library-none P.E-none Classroom's-nice-clean Foreign lang.-none. Science- yes- I found lacking. History-yes. Playground-yes, very nice. Fundraisers-none Ask the right ?'s

My son started last year and within a couple weeks he showed improvement in his talking writting etc. Its a great school wouldnt take him anywhere else i highly recommend it.

I definately recommend LWA to any parent for their children. My son just started school this year in Pre-4 and is learning so much. The schools overall maintenance and teaching methods are perfect.

I absolutely love this school for my children. I had the choice to take them to public school and refuse to. They learn so much at this school. My son is going to second grade and is ahead of other kids his age. My kids love it and the staff is like family. They're the best. God bless!

I have been a LWA parent for 8 years. Both my children have attended the school. Up until this school year I have been proud to tell anyone that my children attended this school. But this year, I have noticed some changes in how the school operates. The school went from being a very family oriented school with teachers and staff that really cared about the children to a school with a teachers and staff that I feel are not properly trained to care for young children. On several occasions my son has been left under improper care and in one instance he was injured. Luckily the injury was not life threatening but could have easily been. I have found it very difficult to set up meetings with my son's teacher. I was very disappointed with the school and have decided to withdrawal my son from the school.

Highly recommend. The staff, teachers are professional, caring and creative. The school curriculum is excellent, keeps the children motivated and challenged. Plenty of school activities involving the parents. The principal is great and has many activities for the kids. You will feel like home !

Last modified Living Word Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5