East Lake Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 642 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 8, 2012

This school is very unorganized and staff is very unprofessional starting with the principal. My two kids are here and Im trying to look for a transfer. Students and their safety isnt their priority. Very sad.

Posted May 24, 2012

I have 2 children attending this school(3rd grade and Kindergarten) It is an awesome school! My kids are loving it. The staff here are very nice and put alot of effort in making this an A+ school!!! It is very organized and all around a great school!!

Posted August 29, 2011

We have been going to East Lake for 5 years now and simply love it! The teachers are wonderful, the staff is great, and you couldn't find more dedicated parents and volunteers. Mr. Rizzo made a smooth transition after Dr. Rummler left East Lake, and has taken on even more responsibility now that we no longer have an AP. I believe we currently have a little over 600 students attending.

Posted May 11, 2011

East Lake Elem is a fantastic school.. My daughter has been a part of East lake for 5 years and she's loved every single moment of it, as have I. The new principle this year was a difficult change but after getting to know him and his qualities we have found that Mr Russo shows great respect for his school's students and staff and eagerly puts forth the effort to do what is right for all of them. there is NO school that will ever be perfect, things do occur that sometimes are out of everyones hands but in the five years we've been a part of this school - i can honestly say we are 99% satisfied.

Posted July 19, 2010

I have 2 children that have attended this school, my son, for 4 years and my daughter, for 3 years. And my my youngest child will attend for his first year. I am so impressed with East Lake Elementary. The Principal is very active and involved in student activities during school hours as well as during off campus events. The teachers and staff are wonderful towards the parents and more importantly towards the students.

Posted June 16, 2010

They are so relaxed at this school that they lost my child. They have unqualified parents running this school due to no money in the budget and a Principal (who seems really good) but is controlled by overly involved parents in the school. If you can afford to be a stay at home mom I could see you really liking this school, but if you have to work be prepared to be given the worst teachers because the involved parents will take all of the good teachers.

Posted October 10, 2009

This is my son's second year at this school and he really loves it. The teachers ensure the students excel and have a excellent behavior system which is recorded daily in the child's homework planner. This keeps the parents informed as well. Excellent, innovative gifted program of which we are looking forward to seeing our little scientist grow and excel in this exciting program. Ms. Alice of the extended day is wonderul!Love the spirit of the principal and teachers!

Posted August 11, 2009

Great school, principal, assistant principal, staff! My daughter had an amazing teacher and she will be hard to beat in the future. As with every school, not all the teachers are the same quality, though. Gifted program is a little of a joke, with 1hr/day 4days/week. Avalon Elementary offers full day instruction. Do you expect these kids to compete someday with equal chances? Extracurricular activities are few. There is a club offered for 8 weeks (I think) with little choices (Webkinz? Sad choice ), I heard of some music club (for older kids) and that is it. PTA is great, active, involved. Last, but not least, lots of hard working volunteers. The school looks clean, nice inside; the outside starts to look a little neglected. There are just a few plants in front. This should be the school s pride - I wish we can get together and maintain the exterior.

Posted February 26, 2009

Is a good school, my dother tell me all the time, the she has fun and the teacher is excellent teaching the children, and the Principal is a good person, very helpfull with everybody is so nice person.

Posted May 5, 2008

My kids are in thier second year at East Lake and I love it! The principal and administration is very caring and involved and they provide a real sense of community within the school. There are extracurricular activities offered and they nourish the children in every aspect. They have a great music teacher who gets the kids involved in programs and provides structure while allowing room for a creative outlet.

Posted July 19, 2007

My daughter was a student here last year 5th grade, so unfortunately her last year, this is a great school, the teachers are caring and understanding, they go the extra mile to make sure students are learning and growing.If you are considering this school its an A+. You simply can't find any better. The office staff is also simply great and very friendly.I had one incident where i had to meet with Mr Rummler and also found him to be very friendly and concerned and went out of his way to solve problem. I wish all schools had the standards that East Lake has.

Posted May 11, 2007

This is my daughters second year at East Lake. Overall I feel the school is okay. However it does lack teacher experience. Also the PTA president was very rude with me when I brought up a concern. Overcrowding is also a problem. There are 18 children in my daughters class this year.

Posted April 9, 2007

East Lake has a passionate principal with a true love for kids, supportive and great administration, motivated and excited teachers, involved parents, and a brand new building!! Who could ask for anything more? I could not be more pleased.

Posted March 30, 2007

This is my daughters 1st year at the school and unfortunately it will be her last (she's a 5th grader). We moved over here from Southwest Orlando and we couldn't be happier with the school and teachers. The school has so many extracurricular activities and the after school program exceeds any expectations. The classwork keeps the students challenged and really prepares them for jr high. Overall a great school!!

Posted January 4, 2007

If there ever was such a thing as a perfect school, it would be East Lake! Our principal, Mr. Rummler is incredible with the students and the parents, and he is available at any time. It is obvious the teachers truly enjoy their job and working with our children. I feel that my child is safe while at school, and he looks forward to going to school and learning. Wow! We received an 'A' last year, but we already knew we were an 'A' school long before the results were in and it had nothing to do with the test scores! Thank you, East Lake staff. You are truly wonderful!

Posted June 10, 2006

This school is wonderful. It has a lot to offer, a responsive principal, and dedicated art, music and PE teachers. My children love this school and found the classes taught to be informative and that they were challenged. The vice principal is lacking however, but I think this is because he came from a middle school environment and hasn't found his grade school 'legs' -- perhaps he'll improve. No candy or soda offered at lunches, which is great. Awesome extra-curricular activities; however, this is their inaugral year.

Posted May 25, 2006

My two sons started in 4th and 1st grades with this new school and I am happy to say that it was a GREAT year for both of them. The teachers were available for and interested in my children and their education. A.I.P's were in-place for my 1st grader with ADD. My volunteer time was well utilized and I will be an ADDITIONS volunteer next year and as long as they will have me. I was familiar with much of the staff and think the world of them. I am a paid member of the PTA athough not active in the organiztion so I can't really comment there. Overall I think EastLake has a bright future and I am pleased my children and I are a part of it.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

107 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Asian 5% 3%

Other degree 0%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3971 N Tanner Rd