735 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Posted December 11, 2014
Child safety is not a priority. Front office is very unorganized and the principal seems helpless and over his head. Mr. Rizzo is a nice guy, but he has no authority over his staff . Teachers exhibit a lack of care for the children. My child's reading level dropped two levels in two years. Limited after school programs. Parents often discuss the lack of educational scope and growth in the children.

Posted September 26, 2014
My daughter has been assisting this school for the past 6 years. The staff and principal are conscious of the children's need. They (kids and staff) work hard for this to be a good school.

Posted July 06, 2013
My oldest started KG the day this school opened. he, then my second, attended from K-5. My youngest is now in 3rd here. This is the best elementary school in Orange.

Posted August 08, 2012
This school is very unorganized and staff is very unprofessional starting with the principal. My two kids are here and Im trying to look for a transfer. Students and their safety isnt their priority. Very sad.

Posted May 24, 2012
I have 2 children attending this school(3rd grade and Kindergarten) It is an awesome school! My kids are loving it. The staff here are very nice and put alot of effort in making this an A+ school!!! It is very organized and all around a great school!!

Posted August 29, 2011
We have been going to East Lake for 5 years now and simply love it! The teachers are wonderful, the staff is great, and you couldn't find more dedicated parents and volunteers. Mr. Rizzo made a smooth transition after Dr. Rummler left East Lake, and has taken on even more responsibility now that we no longer have an AP. I believe we currently have a little over 600 students attending.

Posted May 11, 2011
East Lake Elem is a fantastic school.. My daughter has been a part of East lake for 5 years and she's loved every single moment of it, as have I. The new principle this year was a difficult change but after getting to know him and his qualities we have found that Mr Russo shows great respect for his school's students and staff and eagerly puts forth the effort to do what is right for all of them. there is NO school that will ever be perfect, things do occur that sometimes are out of everyones hands but in the five years we've been a part of this school - i can honestly say we are 99% satisfied.

Posted July 19, 2010
I have 2 children that have attended this school, my son, for 4 years and my daughter, for 3 years. And my my youngest child will attend for his first year. I am so impressed with East Lake Elementary. The Principal is very active and involved in student activities during school hours as well as during off campus events. The teachers and staff are wonderful towards the parents and more importantly towards the students.

Posted June 16, 2010
They are so relaxed at this school that they lost my child. They have unqualified parents running this school due to no money in the budget and a Principal (who seems really good) but is controlled by overly involved parents in the school. If you can afford to be a stay at home mom I could see you really liking this school, but if you have to work be prepared to be given the worst teachers because the involved parents will take all of the good teachers.

Posted October 10, 2009
This is my son's second year at this school and he really loves it. The teachers ensure the students excel and have a excellent behavior system which is recorded daily in the child's homework planner. This keeps the parents informed as well. Excellent, innovative gifted program of which we are looking forward to seeing our little scientist grow and excel in this exciting program. Ms. Alice of the extended day is wonderul!Love the spirit of the principal and teachers!

East Lake Elementary School
3971 North Tanner Road, Orlando, FL  32826
Last modified East Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.