853 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Castle Creek is a wonderful school and what makes it so great is the teachers and administration. I have had both my children in this school for the past four years and it has been great! The staff is very helpful; they listen to parent's concerns and make great strides to address any problems that arise. The principal is very hands on and helpful and truly listens to parent's concerns and suggestions. The staff and teachers have become part of our family and will miss them all now that we are sadly being rezoned to a new school. Go Dragons!

That teachers and administration truly car about the children's education. The school is very diverse and do a great job of challenging thone that are further along and helping those in need. They also do a great job of being "green" as evident through their awards on top of many other awards the school has received.

In response to the post from 10/28...Castle Creek Elementary School is rated an A school based on the state of Florida guidelines. The school received 542 points, 17 points over the A requirement which is 525 points. The school increased 80 points from 2013 to 2014 based on FCAT results. Yes, we are an A school and we are very proud of that title. The staff, students and community worked very hard to achieve that goal.

This is bull rap. The parents are calling it an A school but if you look at their test scores you can see that their D school. If you want your child to gain more knowledge go to one of the neighboring schools!

I've been reading the other parent comments left on this site regarding Castle Creek and I saw that many people mentioned how horrible the administration is. I couldn't be more surprised. My child just moved from a private school and we have been extremely pleased, not only the awesome teacher's involvement, but also administration's involvement in every aspect of the school. My child was immediately assessed and moved to the appropriate program for his level. I get voicemails, emails and texts from the principal at least once or twice a week with updates on what is happening at the school. I get immediate feedback on my child's progress or any issues that come up. The dropping off and picking up of the children is very well thought out and safe. My child is thriving at this school and I am so upset with myself for being so worried about changing him to public school. Completely unnecessary.

This A-rated school has some of the most committed teachers and administrators I've seen since my elementary school 30 some odd years ago. They make every effort to help the students succeed offering tutoring all year after school and special tutoring months before FCAT testing. Having moved from Boston, this school is by far superior in every way. Our daughter went from being an average student to an honor student in one quarter, finally having had a proper evaluation and observation before meeting with us (2 teachers, school psychologist, councilor, and asst principle) and giving her a 504 for her ADHD that enabled her to thrive. Her teachers have also made their classes peanut-free for us, which we were originally told wouldn't happen and that she would have to sit separately from the other kids at lunch, which did not happen. It was a huge lesson in "don't believe everything you hear". Our only real negative would be with the after school program (not part of but at school) and their lack of attentiveness regarding homework (a selling point they make) after repeated requests and bad handling of year-long bullying (also after many requests) despite their claims otherwise

I have never been so welcomed in a school. The entire office staff, including administration have always been friendly and seem to have the kids best interest in mind. I have attended their SAC and PTA meetings with VERY little other parents present.

The teachers and students worked so hard this past year...the school is now rated as an "A" school! THe leadership of Mr. Daubs is awesome. He leads everyone to success.

We are on our third child through this school. Since the administration change last year this school has gone down hill. Teachers are still wonderful, but administrative staff, specifically the principal is horrible. This is obviously in his mind a stepping stone to somewhere else. School has fallen dramatically from an "A" school to a "C" school under the current principals guidance. Good teachers have begun to leave the school due to his changes. This is sad for us as we have had a long standing relationship with this school having had 2 children already move through here. Hopefully the school will replace him and earn back it's old excellent name and reputation.

My husband and I are both well-educated (he has two college degrees and I have a doctorate) so we hold our childrens' education to very high standards. My daughter is now in second grade at Castle Creek (been there since K) and we love it! We have found all of her teachers to be caring yet strict when need be. She is excelling in all subjects based on the Florida percentiles. Unfortunately, this school has some major barriers that hinder their overall test scores and make Castle Creek appear like a poor-performing school (like zoning for students that do not speak ANY English, for example). We feel very blessed to be Castle Creek Dragons!

Last modified Castle Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.