Posted February 01, 2014
Brilliant school with brilliant teachers... I love sand lake it deserves the high rating published due to hard work of pupils, parents and teachers

Posted August 06, 2012
The teachers are dedicated, caring, and innovative. My son loved his fifth grade teachers and was challenged to achieve his best. Very pleased!

Posted May 13, 2012
As a parent of 3 children at Sand Lake, we are very happy with the quality of education they receive. The PTA is amazing and puts on the best events that are fun for the entire family. The children are challenged but are given the confidence they need to try new things and feel comfortable being challenged. The teachers and faculty enjoy what they do and it is apparent that they care about the children and they want to be there. You never have to worry about the safety of your children as the school procedures are well respected.

Sand Lake Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2011
Absolutely loved certain aspects of this school but our child actually regressed in what he was able to do at the start of the year. I think it was the teacher, but was very disappointed at the lack of response on the school's part. I will say the school is spot on when it comes to safety and cleanliness. But is way too FCAT focused, It's a little too driven on creating excellent test takers and not developing critical thinking skills and whole students. Once FCATS were over my child's class watched movies & played games everyday for the rest of the year. Really disappointing! They did get amazing results on the FCAT this year. But there is so much to w well rounded education that does not involve test taking.

Posted May 15, 2010
Sand Lake is a fabulous school! All 3 of my children loved this school and its teachers. The principal is dedicated to making the school and the kids the best they can be. I've been an involved parent through the PTA & am impressed by the warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Posted November 11, 2009
This school is a wonderful place for my children! Love the faculty and staff.. the school property is wonderful and new! We bike to school and it's so much fun! I know my children are healthy, happy and safe at Sand Lake Elementary.

Posted October 17, 2009

Posted October 11, 2009
My son is in first grade and has learned so much from his teachers. The school provides a safe and caring educational environment where he can thrive.

Sand Lake Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2009
Sand Lake Elementary is a wonderful school with a strong administration, talented teachers and an active PTA. My child is receiving an A+ education.

Posted October 11, 2009
I am very happy with the quality of education my children receive at this school. There are many ways for parents to get involved. I love the balance in helping out with your childs class and letting the teachers do their job. Excellent school, excllent staff. Couldn't be happier.

Sand Lake Elementary School
8301 Buenavista Woods Boulevard, Orlando, FL  32836
Last modified Sand Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sand Lake Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top