1,318 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Posted May 06, 2015
This school is an amazing school with teachers who challenge and care about the students. My daughter is above average in her 1st grade class and this is due to her 1st grade teachers hard work. The parking lot is the least of your problems, they tell you if you are picking up on or after 2pm use the bus loop to avoid the trafic in the one way parking lot. They have also tried to improve it during spring break and planning to fixing more during summer. You will not be disapointed with this school, great curriculum, teachers, staff, volunteers and a wonderful principal who is constantly showing his face and hard work.

Posted January 25, 2015
Very good "A" rated school. Loving to be part of it. Every year they are improving the structure just as LakeNona growth as well.

Posted June 23, 2014
Moss Park has been a fantastic experience for my kindergartner. We moved down from NJ earlier this year and were concerned about the new school. My daughter's teachers were fantastic. She was reading like crazy at a higher level in just a couple of months. She made friends with no issues. They had days for the parents. Every week there was some kind of extracurricular activity as well as things going on in the school. Also, the communication from the teachers was great. There are a lot of kids at the school, but that is most likely due to the gaining popularity of the Lake Nona area. I know that there are more schools scheduled to be built in the near future. I am so pleased with Moss Park. Concerned and involved parent.

Moss Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2014
Moss Park is a fine school. We have a kindergartner there this year. She has learned soooo much. She enjoys school, the teachers and the friends she has made this year. She is excited to go back next year for first grade. I like the way the principal has committed to communicating with parents and our teachers are very responsive to any email or phone call I make with a question. No question that the car line is long but it comes with having a lot of kids in the school. I am glad we attend there and when I tell other friends about our school, they can't believe how great the learning environment is, great activities, good teachers, extremely active PTA and committed SAC committee. I am glad we are here!

Moss Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
Moss park has changed for the worse! So glad we rented our home before we buy in this area. The high school is even scarier! If you don't speak Spanish run and run fast! Your treated like a visitor from another planted.

Posted March 10, 2014
My child used to love school, but my child's 3rd grade teacher, who is new to the school this year, has made my child frightened to attend school. The teacher yells at the kids for MINOR problems. If she taught in the hood, she needs to go back to the hood, because she's dealing with different kids. Harsh, punitive teaching styles do NOT work with Moss Park kids. I really hope she reads this and knows I'm talking about her. If she is, here is my message for her: You have destroyed my child's love for school this year with your punitive, rule heavy, nonsense. I really hope you look back on this year and re-evaluate how you treated your students. I just hope my child can re-adjust next year with a new teacher. Going to the principal does nothing, writing letters to the teacher does nothing. You know what she does? She verbally attacks the class when she's contact by a parent (MANY parents, not just one) for something unfair. P.S. Your teaching style shows just how untrained, unqualified, and insecure you are as teacher.

Moss Park Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2014
First, it is not the pricipal's fault that the school is overcrowded! This is an OCPS issue. The principal can't turn away children wanting 2 enroll here. I'm a parent of a 4th and 5th grder. I have been with this school for 6 yrs now. I must admit, the overcrowding has caused MANY annoying inconveniences for the parents like car pick up and drop offs. Parents can still eat with their children outside. But not in d cafeteria because d admin has removed d round tables used inside the cafeteria for parents. Why? Because there is NO space for the round tables. The admin has bought more long tables for students to eat in. Moss park elem is NOT hiding anything from you. I'm an active school volunteer at MPE. Mayb parents can help around our school so they will know how hard the principal is working to make this school effective for the 1,200+ kids enrolled here. Parents-- keep an open mind. The teachers here are great and very hard working. The principal is NOT mean, I hv emailed her numerous times and she has addressed my concerns in each & everyone of them. My kids are doing excellently here, earning for themselves all 5's in fcat for 2 yrs now. I have no bad words for this school.

Posted January 28, 2014
WHAT A MESS! Starting in the parking lot... If you are a car rider it does not matter what time you leave your house it will take you 30mins to an hour to wait in that line. But yet you have this LONG bus line and even when the buses are already gone.. its now 8:30 and the line is still out to Moss Park Road but NO no one can pull in there.. EVEN if you are running late for work you get stopped and reprimanded like you are a child. The principal has such a horrible attitude to all!!. AND not letting us walk into the school? Even when you know us? No parent is allowed in the cafeteria??? I have a 15 year old and every school he has ever gone to we were allowed to visit him at lunch. What are you hiding Moss Park??? I am surprised the rating only dropped from a 10 to a 9. I wont be surprised if it drops lower next year. and this having two teachers per class for 30-35 kids in each classroom! HOLY overcrowded. SUCH a disappointment. We moved to our community JUST so our kids could go to this school. Luckily we rented and didn't buy. When our lease is up.. bye bye Moss Park.

Posted January 16, 2014
Who is running the parking lot at this school? What a mess and the worst system I've ever seen. Lets open up the bus loop which makes more sense than driving through a parking lot where people are trying to get in/out of parking spaces. It seems that kids in school busses have more priority to get to school on time than car riders.

Moss Park Elementary School 2

Posted November 04, 2013
Moss Park could and should be a great school. I have had kids there for 3 years and this year I have seen a change for the worse. When Mrs. Moss was there it was a very happy, positive place to send my kids. Mrs. Moss was always walking around with a smile on her face and was very happy to see all of the kids. Most of the kids there today don't even know who the new principle or administartion is, and the ones that do know her are scared of her because "she is mean" and does not seem happy even being there. I think the principle needs to be in high school. She has taken away some of the fun activities like plays the kids used to do, she did not even allow them to celebrate halloween. It is a very buisness oriented atmosphere and that is not a good thing for young children. There has even been mulitple teachers quit during the year because of the leadership, or should I say lack of leadership. This administration did not even know which class my son was in on meet your teacher. You can feel a since of tension at the school that is coming from the top, through the teachers and into the classroom. It seems everyone is walking on eggshells, afraid to wake the bear. SAD/FRUSTRATED DAD

Moss Park Elementary School
9301 North Shore Golf Club Boulevard, Orlando, FL  32832
Last modified Moss Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.