714 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Take your child elsewhere if you want them to have an above average education. The teachers are inadequate-my child has come home with spelling errors on his homework paper---from the teacher!!!! And the vice principal cared more about beauracracy than helping my child learn. Shameful.

The faculty and administrators have lost their way and forgotten that they are EDUCATORS first. They do not always make the child's best interest their priority, sadly. They refused to cooperate with my child's stepparent who reads with them every night, helps them with their homework, pays for field trips & school supplies. They refused to test my child for ESE after I asked several times over 2 years & ultimately I had to contact the district to get the testing ball rolling (still not done).

The teachers have been great and the childrens behavior seems to be pretty under control!

Pathways is AMAZING! They, and I mean the from the principal down to the cafeteria staff, treat each child as an individual and gives them the beneit of the doubt to be responsible and mature, and also to do the right thing. The staff uses positive reinforcement to help struggling students and also incentives for the students to grow, leaving NO student feeling left out. I have a child in the 1-2 gifted and a child in 5th grade and they LOVE it!! They come home everyday happy and excited to do our evening routine (ie HW dinner, any practices they may have for that day bath bed) so they can get to school the next day, The ONLY and I mean only downfall is that we live in daytona beach so their bus ride is 45 min. however the commute is well worth it considering they were in Westside last yr and had a third grade GIRL bullying and threatening as well in the bathroom and threatened my kids not to tell, this was not an isolated incident and it really took away from my children focusing on academics. Pathways is the BEST for anyone looking into school districts when purchasing a home. I think the only only improvement they could make is not offering so many unhealthy snack at lunch :)

The principal is a very uneducated man. the staff and teachers dress poorly and seem to make fun of some children. they seem to be the.bully in the schools.and.allow.the.other children to do the same. my child will not return to the school and neither should yours.

This is a wonderful school!! The staff is wonderful!!! The teachers are wonderful!!! My children love their school!!! I know that my children are getting a great education because of the people who work here.

This school and it's principal, as well as the teachers I have dealt with are a joke. The principal is undereducated and has no business interacting with students. The teachers seem burnt out and the classes are messy. They are very clique oriented and have been known to make fun of students. Do your children and yourself a favor and send them somewhere that they will be able to learn and grow.

Our daughter attended Pathways for elementary and loved her teacher Mrs. Dalton. Mrs. Dalton is probably the best K teacher in the state and our daughter was excited every day to go to school. The education was fantastic and art and PE were great. The only complaint that I have was regarding lunch time. It seems like the kids were left on their own during lunch and tended to get a bit out of control. A few more lunch attendants could solve that probem. Other than that, excellent school.

Our Son Daniel attends Pathways Elementary School. He is finishing up kindergarten and has Ms. Dalton as his teacher. Ms. Dalton is a nurturing and loving teacher and I truly believe brings out the best in her students. Our son loves going to Pathways and learning something new every day. Daniel loves Gym and art classes as well. All of the staff for that matter are very nice and helpful!

i go to pathways and i love it it is so awesome im in the fith grade and i have gone there since kindergarten and i have always loved it

Last modified Pathways Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.