No rating

St James Episcopal School

Private | PK-8

Living in Ormond Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $126,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted June 28, 2013

This school should be rated 5 star.The curriculum promotes academic excellence and leadership development.Faith based education encourages kindness,sharing and caring.

Posted April 17, 2012

St. James will be getting a new Head of School to ensure financial stability of school. The majority of the teachers are staying on for the upcoming school year. Classes are small and children learn a great deal in terms of academics, self management, and christian education. Our child has had a fantastic year and we couldn't be more pleased and look forward to continued grown in the next school year.

Posted April 17, 2012

I am an alumni of this great school, and my three children are currently enrolled. I love this school and am very happy with the teachers that are returning next year.

Posted May 1, 2011

I believe everyone should ask for a copy of the curriculum .........No matter what school you attend..........."just saying" ....... Not impressed.....

Posted January 7, 2011

Although very nice and polite, most teachers at St. James are sadly unqualified. Very simply put, the curriculum is sluggish. Children who attend this school must be tutored for any challenge. On a positive note-St. James offers the best Pre-K classes you could ever hope for. And to the parent who posted the 12/13 review...please spell check-you have several mistakes!!

Posted December 14, 2009

I have recently enrolled my third child at St. James. I find the curriculum to be just advanced enough at each grade level to offer a challenging and rewarding learning environment. My wife and I are thrilled to have the learning opportunities presented by St. James so close by. The staff and faculty are to be commended.

Posted December 13, 2009

The education our children are currently recieveing is far above the 'gifted' programs that we previously experienced. The teachers are highy educated and also very nuturing. The new science lab and technology programs are wonderful. This is with out a doubt the best choice in Ormond/Daytona beach.

Posted September 4, 2009

All 3 of my children attended St. James. My oldest is now in middle school. I find the teachers to be dedicated and focused on providing the students with rich academic environment while at the same time able to teach character values in a Christian environment. My children are well mannered and well prepared for whatever challenges they will face in their future endeavors. Their test scores are consistently above the 90th percentile and in fact, my middle schooler qualified for the Duke Tip program-with a math score in the 99 percentile nationally and along with 90% of her classmates and has already taken the SAT. We are a small school with high expectations for both character and academics. I have been very pleased-You owe it to your children to explore for yourself.

Posted August 18, 2009

My kids go to St. James and can't wait for school to start again. Not only do they miss their friends, but believe it or not, they miss their teachers too. There are on jitters or anxiety just pure anticipation for a wonderful new school year.

Posted August 17, 2009

My two kids have attended St. James since before Kindergarten. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the quality of education and the life skills taught at St. James. Energizing the Mind, Body and Spirit are important at all ages, but particularly in the early years. The education is top notch (as compared to kids their same grade, but in public school. Yes, even better than 'gifted'). The school leadership, including the all volunteer board, seems to be completely dedicated to preserving the St. James legacy of being the best education choice in Ormond Beach. We are very happy our kids attend St. James.

Posted August 16, 2009

My grandchild is a student at St. James and child, parents, and grandparents could not be happier with the school. St. James is an excellent school that has been in operation for more than 55 years educating children in mind, body and spirit. In my opinion you owe it to your child as well as yourself to check out this great school instead of reading any of these negative reviews.

Posted June 30, 2009

I love going to school here and so do my siblings. The teachers are demanding but very nice and even though we need to get a 93% on our tests to get an A instead of just a 90% like many other school, I wouldn't want it any other way.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 11, 2009

I've decided not to return to St. James. Education does not seem to be the primary focus, and after reading the negative reviews of this school, I agree with them 100%.

Posted April 17, 2009

This is my daughters first year at St James and I have been very happy with everything from the teachers to the administration. I would recommend checking and not just focusing on the negative reviews.

Posted March 3, 2009

Unfortunately, I had to take my child out of this school due to the lack of focus on education. I felt my child, who is academically gifted, was bored with the monotonous, lack of depth teachings. Subjects seemed to be skimmed through and rushed along. The school also keeps expanding the student body, so much so that overcrowding and lack of space seems to be an imperative issue.

Posted January 3, 2009

i went to this school kindergarden through eighth grade. During my middle school years I got very behind. i was not prepared for highschool and needed tutoring weekly in core subjects. The teachers changed on an almost weekly basis, also the administration cared only about the children whose parents donated alot of money to the school. many children payed for there kids to get A's. I would not reccommend anyone sending there child to this school. I had the worst 2 years of my life there and i am suffering now for it in highschool.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 10, 2008

I would recommend to any educated parent not to send their child to St. James. St. James spends far too much of the day on fluffy things rather than focus on the abc's of education. The teacher turnover rate is unusually and extremely high (think entire middle school) as is the upper management of the school. This school seems to lack direction.

Posted May 20, 2008

St. James is quickly losing it's good reputation in Ormond Beach. Parents are finally discovering that cost of tuition does not correlate with quality education. This school is used as a status symbol for parents who are not paying attention to what their children are failing to learn during these crucial years of their education.

Posted August 2, 2007

St James has deteriorated over the past 4or 5 years.Teachers do not stay,there is hardly any dicapline, My child has been hurt badly more than twice with no punishment to the offender. the curriculum has been the biggest disappointment it is incomplete to say the least. Math is great because of a good teacher the rest is terrible and incomplete. Mostly because the good teachers do not stay or just do not care anymore. So without safety and good curriculum I could not recommend this school.

Posted June 19, 2005

This is an excellent school! My son has been attending St. James since Kindergarten. He is now in fifth grade, and we have never looked back. The teachers, parents, and staff truly care about the children's education, and well-being. If you are looking for a school for your child that will challenge him or her academically, while providing ample time for enrichment programs such as art, music, Spanish, religion, and a host of other subjects, this is the place! I highly recommend St. James Episcopal School to anyone looking for a wonderful small school with nice, well-mannered children.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious