1,219 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Great school overall but like every other school, it has it's ups and downs. First of all the Spanish teacher is very hard and.. Well mean and has an attitude. Many other teachers though are nice and caring. Sadly, it branches out into two high schools, Oviedo and Hagerty so some of your friend may go to a different highschool then you. Also, It is in a bad part of town but the overall vibe of the school is great. The campus is amazing and is being redone! (Look on the JHMS website for more info!) the school overall is great and I honestly love it! They prepared me well for high school. (Btw I'm an 8th grader here at JHMS and I have enjoyed my time.)

I think Jackson Heights is a wonderful school. I was nervous for my children to attend there and leave elementary school but it has been a great experience for both of them. I've been very pleased. Certainly their middle school times have been much much better than mine were. Impressive handle and response to issues!

I love this school so much I am a student and now am in 9th grade but people are always saying the school is horrible but it's not they are just stuck up the schoool is very exelent and the teachers go above and beyond to help there students, and the principal is GREAT! I loved this school when i went there i was like "ehh this school horrible" but now that I look back i wish i respected the teachers more. but one word about this school PERFECT!

I'm a student here and I hate it here! The teacher are rude and don't care about the students! The 8th grade gym teacher,Coach McCrary, has made kids in my class cry including me! Ms.Lopez is crazy and her emotions are unstable. Please spare your children and send them somewhere else!

If you can avoid sending your children to this school by all means find another place for them to go.

Not happy at this school. Needless to say we transferred to another school where we couldn't be happier! The administration just doesn't care. Like someone else commented, many of the staff are worn out and really should think about retiring.

This web site doesn't normally publish negative reviews of schools so the one from an unhappy parent on May 8, 2010, will probably end up disappearing. JHMS administrators need to handle bullying and stop pretending that it doesn't exisit at the school. Hopefully it won't require some terrible or sad event for them to realize that just turning a blind eye to student bullying doesn't work, especially for those victimized by bullying. Note: I doubt this site will leave this post up, if it happens to get posted at all.

MY daughter attended this school and I was not happy . This school administration was not helpful in dealing with the bullying situations we had! The principal acted like he could have cared less and showed no interest in helping my husband and I. We are very educated parents that are very involved and I was NOT impressed with how things were handled at ALL. She now attends Lawton Chiles Middle and we couldn't be happier! What a difference!! Love it My daughter has blended in and loves school now!!!

i think that this school is not a very nice school, although they my get a rather good education, their rules are too much for my family to follow.

some wonderful staff, but many seem worn out and over stressed, lunch is a nightmare more kids than places to sit and a very unhappy place for kids with physical handicaps need to come out of dark ages ,Mr Baily is there but seems to just walk the place smileing does he Do anything? doesn't answer calls letters or email even registered mail is ignored!

Last modified Jackson Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.