2,478 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Posted May 04, 2015
Great sense of community. Many extracurricular activities. Great academic environment. Strong school spirit! Best high school in central Florida.

Posted April 03, 2014
When we moved to the area 3 years ago we selected a house based on school ratings and Oviedo schools have not disappointed us. We have a child in elementary and high school and both schools have excellent teachers, school curriculum and activities.

Posted April 03, 2014
Great schools in agreat community . Excellent and careing teachers. Large selection of courses in hs. All schools in oviedo consistant A ratings by state.

Posted April 01, 2014
We moved to Oviedo specifically to enroll our child in Oviedo schools and in particular Oviedo High School. We are glad we did, very happy with all that this school has to offer. The curriculum is competitive and challenging. So many interesting electives and activities for the students to enjoy. Our student getting ready to be a senior is excited about choosing a college. Many AP courses offered in class and online as well. We are very happy with the safe atmosphere and the high level of communication with the teachers and staff. The teachers and students has a lot of pride and spirit.

Posted April 01, 2014
We moved to Oviedo two years ago with two children. We had researched the schools and talked to parents and the Oviedo schools were highly recommended. Our main concern was with our child entering 10th grade in high school, how would they adjust, fit in. Besides the high academic standards we found that the many clubs and activities were a blessing. Our student joined the swim team, and made friends quickly, and even earned a high school letter. Our student also made a diverse group of friends, students from Kenya, Sweden, England, Australia and many other places. Looking forward to next year.

Posted October 30, 2013
My daughter has had a wonderful experience at Oviedo High. The school offers a wide variety of support for any interest or skill that a student has. Academics and scholarship are emphasized, but OHS has a first rate choir, music, art, dance, and ROTC program, as well. Every effort is made to promote civc and community-mindedness, at an early age. It's a friendly, upbeat school, with a strong leader in Principal Lundquist, and professional, dynamic teachers, the vast majority of whom demonstrate exceptional concern for their students. Your child will receive a private school education, in a public school. I will say that I think there is too much testing there. My daughter has another classroom test every week, it seems, in addition to the already over the top benchmark and state testing. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with OHS.

Oviedo High School 1

Posted May 24, 2013
I had a terrible experience at this school. There is no diversity or any sort of kindness or welcoming spirit to people who are different or not from Oviedo. I spent my entire first year there as a transfer sitting alone at lunch. You don't fit in unless you're white and attractive. Period.

Oviedo High School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
Oviedo High School has been a great school for 2 of my daughters, class of 2012 & 2014. They do the very best they can despite cutbacks. Their new Bio Science & Technology Program has been wonderful and challenging for my Science major daughter and their new Science labs are better than ones at colleges! Art teachers have been so encouraging to my Artistic daughter. Homeschoolers are welcome to take some classes and the rest online (SC/FLVA)They take every students safety very seriously and local police involvement has been positive and Ms. Pressley keeps a careful eye on the school parking lots (Love her!) As for office staff, if parents have a good attitude and patience, the staff will do anything to help you. Register your kids for Honors and AP courses to get the most of the class! Oviedo has teachers with PHD's from Rollins and other great colleges. They want our kids to succeed and go on to college. My only wish is that they had more money to hire more guidance counselors and teachers. Keep that in mind the next time you vote!

Posted January 25, 2013
My daughter is a Freshman this year and we absolutely love OHS so far. Most of my daughter's friends from middle school were zoned for Winter Springs and at first we were highly upset that we were zoned for OHS but now you couldn't pay us to leave!! All of her teachers except for one have been amazing. Only complaint I have is the office staff is pretty unfriendly and principal does not follow through with parental concerns.

Oviedo High School 1

Posted January 13, 2013
This School has a big problem with Bullying, especially to kids from outside the system. My son has been called gay because his hair was bleached by the sun and his eye brows we not blond... by large groups of kids all year. The kid gangs know how to walk the line between teasing and bullying, they are very good and what they do. It is not a friendly place to transfer into, we are considering Home Schooling.

Oviedo High School
601 King Street, Oviedo, FL  32765
Last modified Oviedo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.