Tuskawilla Middle School 3

Posted November 17, 2014
I have to agree with the last comment!! The new principal is TERRIBLE! She is so incredibly rude and treats the kids like they are prisoners! She wants to make school the most miserable place possible for our children!! The teachers are great but the new principal, not so much!!! We use to tell everyone how much we love Tuskawilla when the old principal was there, but oh how things have changed! I want my kids to go to a school they ENJOY going to! Kids need to be encouraged and rewarded for their hard work, but this new principal DOES NOT agree with that!!!

Posted November 14, 2014
Thank God my kids an 8th grader and can get the heck out of dodge of this place. The 1st 2 years here were wonderful, then a new principal arrived.....HORRIFIC! She treats these students like they are in prison! They have no voice, the teachers have no voice, I've spoken to many teachers regarding the new principal, not one teacher had anything good to say about her, the kids hate going to school everyday. It's just awful! I have spoken directly with the principal once - over the phone - she was extremely rude and could have cared less what I had to say and told me to call her boss if I had such a problem. DONE! With that being said, the teachers are wonderful, but I'm pretty sure they will have a huge turnover once this year is over..... STAY AWAY AS LONG AS YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE HAPPY AND LOVE GOING TO SCHOOL!

Tuskawilla Middle School 5

Posted November 04, 2014
My experience its so very good and the staff and all teachers its very proffesional. My daugther like so much the school and shes very exciting because its the firts year in this school and she is a cheerleading and she loved that. She tell me all the time, she have a very good teachers and she love the cheerleading teacher. I appreciated for the all help to give the ESOL teacher for my daugther. Im so proud for the school.

Posted November 14, 2012
This school's administrators are terrible! They do not listen to the parents, they pass judgement, they do not wish to do what is in the best interest of the students, only what is in their own best interest. They do not in any way treat parents like partners and they will not even consider any opinions of the parents. I agree with an earlier response. They are old school and very negative and this stems from the Principal.

Posted November 14, 2012
The Principal is "old School" and does not understand the psychology of kids or learning today. No positive re-enforcements, only negative.

Posted January 11, 2012
I am a full time student at TWMS. There are alot of fights here, and they seem to do nothing about it. The teachers are mean and dont wanna deal with anything that doesnt concern them. The front office ladies are rude. Our school rating is dropping, and i can clearly see why... I REALLY HATE THIS SCHOOL!!!

Posted January 11, 2012
Not good teacher quality,,,,Ive seen more care and action on behalf of " some" vice principales than the long reigning principal.

Tuskawilla Middle School 2

Posted October 31, 2011
My daugther has been a student for the last 2 years. Seems like the school is going down hill. There are so many figths in this school and it seems like nothing is being done to stop it. The office staff are always so rude and when you go to the office the people are just so cold and really dont care what you have to say. Seems like maybe they need to change the leadership in this school .Seems like everytime you call they take message or the staff are to busy to return your call. You would think that the leadership in this school would be better ! Everytime you call about the bus being a hour late theysay that it is not there problem to call another number.Well if kids dont show up for school whos the person to contact. I am very disappointed in this school lately

Tuskawilla Middle School 4

Posted June 04, 2011
I was a student at TWMS, I was also a cheerleader there too! I must say the teachers were pretty nice and I made a lot of friends. Why I switched was because there was a lot of fights and I was afraid to go to TWMS. That was actually the only problem I had. None of the fights involved me in them, but there was also a lot of drama, some including me (It was not big big drama) You need to know that Tuskawilla is not a babying school, the kids are rough, yes. The Teachers give you a lot more responsibly, yes. In my new school, all they did was baby us, and the girls were worse! I am switching back to TWMS, all my friends want me back and after expirencing what being BABY-ED is like, I HATE it! I hope to see everyone there and I also, before I sign out, would like you to know, if you think this school is supposed to be a perfect school, it's not! This school is REALITY, you see everything there, and some times what you might see is worth watching.

Posted April 18, 2011
My comment if for any parent of an (ESE Child) considering this schhol - As a parent of an ese child that attens this school, I would not recommend bringing or placing your child in this school. I am a long time advocate and well versed in the IEP world and special education rights of our kids, and administration here not only implements programs without parents knowledge, they will conduct meetings, and so forth without any parent involvement or notification (all of which I can prove to anyone interested in emailing me) There are only two categories of "special ed" kids at this school, very very bad off, and somewhat bad off basically in lamens terms. If your kid is just in the "gray area", they are placed in all regular ed classrooms with a ESE teacher that maybe comes in to certain subject areas throughout the week maybe 2 or 3 times tops, this is their version of "support faciliation" which is the actual name of the model this school follows which is part of the Seminole county school system model. Huge failure, kids struggle by being dumped into only these two categories, and do not receive the "real " support they need being an ESE child, and according to the IDEA act.

Tuskawilla Middle School
1801 Tuskawilla Road, Oviedo, FL  32765
Last modified Tuskawilla Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tuskawilla Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top