1,080 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

I was a student years back. I was placed in a special learning disabilities the class. I remember being told by the guidance counselors when I was in seventh grade that I had the intellect of a two-year-old. I am now a successful 36 year old woman with a law degree from UCLA. I will never forget the negative emotional treatment this school placed upon these kids. From what I hear it still goes on.

i am an 8th grade student at tuskawilla middle school and i loved the school before we got a new principle. When Dr.Mizwicki was our principle school was actually enjoyable. I enjoyed peer helping, sitting with my friends at lunch, being able to go in the courtyard and i enjoyed my classes. This year (2014) i started 8th grade and tuskawilla middle school got a new principle, honestly this has been the worst school year of my life. Our new principle (ms.Eglof) is extremely rude to parents, took away peer helping, took away our dance class, took away our privilege to sit with out friends at lunch, took away the privilege to hang out in the courtyard and ALSO TOOK away the 8th grade feild trip, something us 8th graders have been hearing about/looking forward to since 6th grade! my younger siblings will not be coming to Tuskawilla Middle School in the future if Ms.Eglof is still there. I have NEVER been so unhappy with a principle in my entire life . i think tuskawilla has been ruined and all the other students agree. if you are thinking about sending your hild to tuskawilla, Think Twice about it. South Seminole is a much better option.

I have to agree with the last comment!! The new principal is TERRIBLE! She is so incredibly rude and treats the kids like they are prisoners! She wants to make school the most miserable place possible for our children!! The teachers are great but the new principal, not so much!!! We use to tell everyone how much we love Tuskawilla when the old principal was there, but oh how things have changed! I want my kids to go to a school they ENJOY going to! Kids need to be encouraged and rewarded for their hard work, but this new principal DOES NOT agree with that!!!

Thank God my kids an 8th grader and can get the heck out of dodge of this place. The 1st 2 years here were wonderful, then a new principal arrived.....HORRIFIC! She treats these students like they are in prison! They have no voice, the teachers have no voice, I've spoken to many teachers regarding the new principal, not one teacher had anything good to say about her, the kids hate going to school everyday. It's just awful! I have spoken directly with the principal once - over the phone - she was extremely rude and could have cared less what I had to say and told me to call her boss if I had such a problem. DONE! With that being said, the teachers are wonderful, but I'm pretty sure they will have a huge turnover once this year is over..... STAY AWAY AS LONG AS YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE HAPPY AND LOVE GOING TO SCHOOL!

My experience its so very good and the staff and all teachers its very proffesional. My daugther like so much the school and shes very exciting because its the firts year in this school and she is a cheerleading and she loved that. She tell me all the time, she have a very good teachers and she love the cheerleading teacher. I appreciated for the all help to give the ESOL teacher for my daugther. Im so proud for the school.

This school's administrators are terrible! They do not listen to the parents, they pass judgement, they do not wish to do what is in the best interest of the students, only what is in their own best interest. They do not in any way treat parents like partners and they will not even consider any opinions of the parents. I agree with an earlier response. They are old school and very negative and this stems from the Principal.

The Principal is "old School" and does not understand the psychology of kids or learning today. No positive re-enforcements, only negative.

I am a full time student at TWMS. There are alot of fights here, and they seem to do nothing about it. The teachers are mean and dont wanna deal with anything that doesnt concern them. The front office ladies are rude. Our school rating is dropping, and i can clearly see why... I REALLY HATE THIS SCHOOL!!!

Not good teacher quality,,,,Ive seen more care and action on behalf of " some" vice principales than the long reigning principal.

My daugther has been a student for the last 2 years. Seems like the school is going down hill. There are so many figths in this school and it seems like nothing is being done to stop it. The office staff are always so rude and when you go to the office the people are just so cold and really dont care what you have to say. Seems like maybe they need to change the leadership in this school .Seems like everytime you call they take message or the staff are to busy to return your call. You would think that the leadership in this school would be better ! Everytime you call about the bus being a hour late theysay that it is not there problem to call another number.Well if kids dont show up for school whos the person to contact. I am very disappointed in this school lately

Last modified Tuskawilla Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.