579 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

I am so disappointed with the experience that I have had at this school this year. It seems every time I turn around I am running into some kind of an issue. We all have occasional issues at schools, but with Stenstrom it is really a matter of the way that things are handled. The front office staff is disrespectful, sarcastic & very unhelpful; I have even been laughed at when I have called with a concern. They are not kind and they behave as if it is terrible that they even have to be there dealing with you. Parents are not welcome in the classrooms at all. Even with my dividend number, background check & volunteer approval from the district, I was allowed to come into the classroom prior to an early morning field trip in which I was a chaperone. During holiday celebrations before winter break, I was turned away from being in my son’s class for the festivities. The attitude of the staff at this school is unfortunate because I feel that my child’s overall education is fairly good coming from a public school. I feel that a child’s education takes team work between the school, teachers & family at home & there is a very large disconnect between the school & the family here.

We love our school. There have been so many improvements in the past couple of years. Our principal Mrs. St. Amore has been a welcomed change. We have it all now, a clean school, new technology, STEM, and an A+ rating. The teachers and staff have done so much and they are just great. The school is alive now. We have happy students, and it s a great place to grow up and learn.

This school has evolved into a little slice of heaven. There are some Super Star teachers on this campus that really bring learning to the next level by incorporating STEM instruction (Science Technology Engineering Math), neat projects and technology. Hats off to the Staff for making it real and real fun! The Guidance Counselor is a wonderful ambassador for the school and is always willing to help. The Principal genuinely enjoys working with the children and parents, and it shows! There s no lip service here. She works side by side with the PTA and families, and actually utilizes their input and ideas. If you want to be involved in your child s education, this is the place to be! Our children love to go to school at Stenstrom!

Stenstrom Elementary School in Oviedo. I am proud to say that my two children and two granddaughters have all been students at this wonderful school. It's very well run, clean and the administration, front office staff and teachers are caring, attentive and personable. This school is the MODEL for all schools!

I love the friendliness of the teachers, administration and front office staff who genuinely care out the children and their futures. This school is one of the best well-run schools I have seen. It is clean, well maintained and well laid out. The PTA is wonderful and the parents and grandparents of the students are very supportive of the school and the activities. The Principal has experience and knows how to run a school and relates to the students well, who all love her!

We just moved here from Connecticut. We were very nervous that the schools in Florida would not be up to par with our expectations. We very intentionally selected Oviedo and Seminole County schools and made the leap.. We are entirely impressed with Stenstrom Elementary. Dr Tanner is a fantastic principal!!! The kids are truly enjoying and feeling challenged in their new school and have made alot of new friends. Stenstrom is an excellent school!!!!!!!!!!

This school is truly a secret gem of the community. All the teachers and staff are extraordinary. They know the children and provide the individual love and support that the kids need. Additionally, it is wonderful that 99% of the students are either driven by family or ride/walk to school. It is definitely has a small town environment.

Teachers are great! Very helpful and caring. Alot of cummunity involvement!

I LOVE this school, the teachers treat our kids as if they were their own! They do anything and everything they can to make teach these kids what they are required to learn and also how to be great respectful and confident little people.

Stensrom is great! It was wonderfule teachers and a terrific PTA. These teachers and parents really care about the kids.

Last modified Stenstrom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.