787 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

The office staff is wonderful and very helpful. We have loved our children's teachers so far. The only negative for us has been the current principal. While she pretends to be friendly, she really isn't and can make it very uncomfortable for you if you disagree with her for any reason. A person who speaks in absolutes shouldn't be running a school.

I agree the ne principal is friendly but the past principal is the one who made Partin the A school it is today. She had high expectations and those expectations can be seen in all the ways we love the school. I have four children two of them were there when the past principal was there. I always knew what was going on because the communication was great! I have watched the FCAT scores increase every year. Now, with the friendly principal we will see how the school continues to perform. Remember we bought houses because of what the school has done in the past. I feel there are problems with the cohesiveness of the teachers and see a lot of disorganization. Teachers do not get along. These are going to be issues if the principal does not have the back bone to correct things. Being nice is one thing running the school is another. Not all the needs of the students are being met unless you might be gifted. New gifted teacher has issues too! My children are soon to be finished with Partin and I feel it is just in time!!!! I agree the principal needs to get a handle on the staff.

Excellent school! We chose to have our children attend Partin and have been very pleased with our decision thus far. Although, we have seen the school go through both a principal and an asst principal change they have both been for the positive. We have been very happy with the teachers and the staff. Parent involvement is always high each calendar year and they encourage your voice to be heard. We have no complaints about this A rated school.

LOVE the new principal, so happy that the VP is out for 2011 - I heard so many things from the teachers- not just parents- who were unhappy with him. I will say that I am a little disappointed in the communication. As we go along, we are finding that there are several different programs and options available, which is great - but we either hear about them too late or not at all. I saw that the website is new and I am hoping it stays more up to date and serves as more of a resource for parents - which it hasn't in the past. Either that or they need to start an email list for those that want to be on it with periodic updates. They have used auto dialers in the past and I know that costs $$

Seriously, the last principal was hands on? LOL Very funny. Not at all! The entire staff was horrible with her running it. I think you must be mistaken. We are finally thrilled to have a new VP coming this year as well. Change is good. We welcome the new VP and are thrilled. We love Dr. Katz. She is fabulous. As far as special needs and diets, the teachers 4th grade also leave a lot to be desired. The entire fourth grade is a mess. They all don't get along and it is caios! I hope Dr. Katz and the new VP get a handle on the staff for the 2011-2012 year.

A large school with not much attention given personally to students except if they are one or two of the 'chosen' ones. 5th grade teacher indifferent to my child's medical diet. Didn't praise or encourage anyone except her 2 favorites.

I agree that the past principal was not hands on...Very pleased with our new principal...she is more visable and easy to talk to...Even with her handicap she can be seen walking around the building checking the classrooms etc.. and very pleasant...at all times...

Not all of us have kids who are gifted. Some of the teachers at this school has no patients for kids that has some kind of learning disability. I do feel they discriminate not only against the black kids with disability but the white kids too. I have had nothing but frustration dealing with certain individuals in this school. So to lady who has a gifted child consider yourself fortunate, because you would be singing a different song if you where in my shoe with a kid with a disability.

As a parent of a black child who has been at Partin since kindergarten, I must totally disagree with the last comment. As my son now enters 4th grade he has received nothing but support and encouragement from all his teachers K thru 3rd. This past year his 3rd grade teacher recommended him and he was selected for admittance in the Gifted program. I realize that every one's experiences are different however, I have never once felt that was child was treated any differently than any other.

If you are African American this school is not for you. They don't really help our kids. We almost always have some kind of learning disability. Plus I think some of the teachers are racist. The administration I consider racist to. I f you look at the 2010 yearbook not one African American Child was represIf you are African American this school is not for you. They don't really help our kids. We almost always have some kind of learning disability. Plus I think some of the teachers are racist. The administration I consider racist to. I f you look at the 2010 yearbook not one African American Child was repres

Last modified Partin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.