952 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Posted May 01, 2016
Our experience has been very good at the school. No school is perfect and I truly believe that everyone involved is doing their best. I must disagree that the PTA sets the tone of the school. I think the teachers and administration set the tone of the school. It has been my experience that the PTA welcomes as much help as possible. I have been contacted by them and always found them to be grateful for the assistance.

Carillon Elementary School 3

Posted November 06, 2015
The good : My 3rd ( and final) child is in her last year at this school. The teachers are the best and thankfully a new principal who actually seems to care has just taken over. The previous principal left much to be desired. Things seem to be improving already with the replacement. The bad: We have watched this school slowly become almost sterile and even cold feeling. The PTA is a mix of a select few who are in it for the right reasons and then your stereo typical catty group of women that run everything and want to make sure you know they are doing it. There is very little communication regarding volunteer opportunities. The same group seems to take over time and time again giving no chance for others to step up and get involved. There is quite the bad attitude towards any parent that dares question why things happen the way they do or how money raised by the PTA is spent. There is no transparency and seems to be no public record of any meetings or spending. I would urge them to do an anonymous survey to ask why parents have stopped wanting to help, purchase memberships or even participate in raising funds. It will undoubtedly lead back to people not wanting to be around or associated with the negativity and endless gossip. Just this week in the media center conversations were overheard that should never be taking place anywhere let alone on the school campus. Ask around and parents will tell you it's obvious who is involved because they care and who shows up for all the wrong reasons. There seems to be a few who are there with the very best of intentions and it's too bad the bad apples ruin it for the rest. You may say the PTA is not part of the school and shouldn't affect the rating but I disagree completely. The PTA in every school is what sets the tone. There is just no denying that fact. After nearly 15 years with kids at this school I am sad to say that our final year here isn't what we would have imagined. Before you jump on me I have signed up every year to help and asked to be contacted. People want to help but are made to feel unwelcome if they are allowed to. It's very unfortunate but maybe with some house cleaning things could be improved. This school used to stand out for all the right reasons. Now it's known for all the wrong reasons.

Posted January 28, 2014
This is a fabulous school with great teachers , the comment written on jan 27 th is totally shocking and in my opinion and I'm sure many others opinions is definitely not true

Carillon Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
The second grade teachers have so much passion in what they do. They believe in their students. Amazing school. I dislike the exterior entrances, but I believe the administration does their best to make it safe.

Carillon Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2014
The school is full of hazing and abusive teachers. It is more like a survivor camp not like a school. One teacher told me it is my fault that she even has to work. Aweful.

Posted June 13, 2013
I went to carillon and now I'm a student at Hagerty. I had really good teachers. My favorite teacher that I had is Ms. Patterson she's always their for all her students, and she's understanding.

Posted January 18, 2013
We absolutely LOVE Carillon! The administration, staff and faculty are 100% devoted to the education and safety of our kids! I would highly recommend anyone moving to the Oviedo area to check Carillon out! It is one of the best!

Posted August 09, 2012
I can not say enough about the teachers at this school. They are wonderfully caring and committed to their students. The music teacher especially is out of this world dedicated. My children have been attending this school for several years and I can't say enough about it. Love love love the teachers here.

Posted May 21, 2012
Carillon Elementary is a fabulous school. I have 2 children there now, and my 3rd starting in the fall. We walk to school whenever we can. I know my children are safe there and they learn exponentially every day! Teachers at Carillon truly care for the education of my children. Love this school!

Posted January 15, 2012
My 2 children LOVE Carillon and the staff is very supportive. We moved in walking distance to Carillon and have never regretted it.

Carillon Elementary School
3200 Lockwood Boulevard, Oviedo, FL  32765
Last modified Carillon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.