Posted May 28, 2014
My children have been there for 4yrs from kindergarten & up. There are learning challenges & bullying no matter what school you go to but what school has a principal that knows your child's name & is aware of the teacher working through what ever the challenge is & will meet with the parents to discuss it as well as other plans to help your child & address any concerns you have? That has been our experience! I am very pleased academically how my children have been helped to get back on their feet if they struggle or additional paths are made available for where they excel beyond expectations! I'm Lutheran & have high expectations & they do an outstanding job of nurturing the children spiritually to be molded as the Lord intended them to be & not to the world's standards. Some grades have large classes but there are a multitude of assistants that work harmoniously at enriching our children. Most importantly the school's like a family & we work TOGETHER to help the children do there best in school & out of school. It takes a village to raise a child

Posted March 04, 2014
St. Luke's Lutheran School is the BEST school in Seminole County! My child participates in the 90 minute reading blocks they have every day. It's great to see them learn and have an interest in reading. Each teacher holds their degree and they are certified in their area of study, which is a huge bonus. The class sizes go up to 24, which may seem like a lot, but there are teacher aides. I enjoy being a part of my child's classroom as well. I get to volunteer to assist teachers with projects as well as organizing events throughout the year. It's wonderful to get to be a part of the school my child and I both love. It is a safe, warm, and caring environment. We both love St. Luke's and look forward to continuing our education here.

St Luke's Lutheran School 1

Posted February 16, 2014
This school was such a HUGE disappointment!! I can not believe the lack of academic instruction at the school. The teachers do not teach or put forth any efforts to help your child to achieve success and no personalized attention what so ever. They are totally swamped with too many kids in the class and the teachers are completely overwhelmed. The teachers do not offer any extra help and are not highly qualified to teach such large class sizes to so many students with different learning capabilities . As another parent commented in the posts your child will get a much better education and instruction at a public school were they have reading group everyday and smaller class sizes!! I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 03, 2014
St. Luke's uses the Iowa Test of Basic Skills, which has been around in the US since 1935 and is widely used and respected across the country in many states. There is no teaching of the test at St. Luke's. The focus is on an overall education and there is no stress for the kids at test time. To address a few of the other negative reviews: there are bullies everywhere. St. Luke's has policies in place to deal with bullying. There is a no tolerance policy and it isn't just written but deal with appropriately. St. Luke's does a lot of extra things, which do sometimes require parents to contribute (parties, field trips, etc.) and one large fund raiser at the end of every year. For a private education, they have kept tuition costs very affordable, despite the ups and downs of the economy in recent years. The economy ups and downs have also caused some class-size issues here, but this school is still a great choice if you live in Central FL.

Posted July 15, 2013
My daughter has gone to St. Luke's since preschool. She is not entering the 2nd grade. We are not Lutherans. We love this school. Our daughter has excelled. The teachers are excellent and have complete control of the classroom. We feel that we are well informed. Our daughter tests above her grade level and loves the school as well.

Posted May 15, 2013
Our children have been collectively attending St Luke's for 6 years now & we have been nothing but pleased with this school. The staff is wonderful & the teachers are very involved with their students. This school provides a great faith base to start children as well as academically. Very pleased.

St Luke's Lutheran School 3

Posted July 23, 2012
The class sizes average 22-24 kids. To many kids for one teacher if you ask me. There is no individual attention at all. We have used St. Luke's for years, but it is time for a change.

Posted May 04, 2012
This is a follow up to my post last May, 2011. St Luke's has achieved Exemplary Status--this is an honor which only a few schools in the nation have earned. It is awarded only to schools which demonstrate outstanding performance. They have a link about it on their site. My husband and I continue to be impressed by the quality of education here. I am a collegiate history instructor who teaches and conducts our department's assessment. The curriculum is rigorous; assessing appropriately by age and ability and encouraging every child to achieve his or her potential. I volunteer in the classroom as my schedule allows and have hands-on observational experience of the pedogogical diligence these teachers use for instruction. The administrators know the children by name, teachers respect and encourage one another, and the children are their focus--helping each child develop as lifelong learners, caring individuals, and informed citizens. Yes, our kids are citizens and need to know what that means. St Luke's does an exemplary job of this, while incorporating music education, language acquisition, critical thinking and writing skills (so important!), math and science dexterity, and fitness.

St Luke's Lutheran School 1

Posted August 03, 2011
Class sizes are too large, difficult to judge how your child is progressing academically because of the lack of testing. Reading groups in primary grades is only once a week where in public school it is EVERY DAY. It feels like they are all about the money. Always asking us to give, give, give. What is best for the students is often set aside because of funding. Your child can get as good of an education, if not better at the public school it just won't be as cushy of a ride. We do love the Christian environment and family feeling. Recess still exists unlike in the public school.

Posted November 16, 2010
Teachers are involved, welcoming and challenge children based on their individual needs. We decided to make a change to St. Luke's based on their academic achievement scores and alumni successes - we don't regret moving to St. Luke's and encourage others to get to know this community school. The music program exceeds any you can find in our area and the ability for kids to participate in competitive athletic programs rivals any school in Seminole or Orange County.

St Luke's Lutheran School
2025 W State Road 426, Oviedo, FL  32765
Last modified St Luke's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Luke's Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top