Tuskawilla Montessori School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
I was extremely disappointed with the school. The class my child was assigned to was led by a teacher who lacked creativity and who seemed overwhelmed. The classroom was dreary and bare. My child's folder, when it was sent home at all, was frequently sent home with other students' work. I would make sure you know which class your child will be put in and tour that room. I feel like I experienced a bait and switch. I regret sending my child to this school.

Posted February 20, 2013
All I can say is Wow! Unfortunately I had to transfer due to my job and withdraw my daughter from an awesome montessori school. Luckily I found Tuskawilla Montessori Academy is a rare gem. Her two teachers are experienced and went above and beyond. Their enthusiasm was felt especially in the holiday play. My daughters teachers are creative in their homework assignments and I could tell they enjoyed teaching science because my daughter could retell her science lessons. The teachers even teach sign language! Anyways, this is the perfect school fr my child.

Tuskawilla Montessori School 4

Posted February 09, 2013
We have attended here for 3 years and it's upsetting to see the unfair characterization that some of the hard-working and well-credentialed teachers have received on this site by some clearly disgruntled parents. It's one thing to be unpleased, take your money elsewhere and provide an honest and objective review. Our child is impulsive/accident prone and we have never had safety concerns at TMA. They have a zero tolerance policy for bullying. A core part of their philosophy is peaceful behavior and respect towards others. I have seen this implemented on a regular basis. After much research, Montessori was the only method we could find that allowed our high achieving but overactive child to work daily at her own level and continue to excel. Her unique behaviors are respected and accommodated. Children often work independently or in small groups on tasks specific to their own work plans, but I have never observed problems with classroom management by the teachers, which is highly impressive to me. Ultimately, I would hope any parent would take an opportunity to read about how Montessori differs from traditional and visit the school before making any kind of judgement.

Tuskawilla Montessori School 2

Posted August 16, 2011
NOT GREAT. My child was in 4-5-6 grade last year, and is now at least a year behind in math. Was doing more advanced math in 2nd and 3rd grades than at TMA. Classroom disorganization, lack of communication, and an administration that goes out of its way to let parents know the school is a business, first and foremost. Look elsewhere for your children. Now that my child has started at an A rated public school, I see what a costly and truly unnecessary mistake I made. Alienation of arithmetic! Spanish class... a joke. Band... not so much. No real musical training goes on unless the student's already advanced. Low student-teacher ratio... nope. Classroom size of 21 vs. the 22 child cap in public elementary school. It's easy to post here, and I suspect that the glowing posts may be administrative plants, esp. the ones referring to the administration. To the good side, some teachers/staff were caring, + some interesting field trips. And I don't think my child lost IQ points outright. Skill loss yes; curiosity, critical thinking, love of learning (somewhat) nurtured and still intact. Highly suggest you reconsider if you're evaluating this school for elementary child.

Posted June 01, 2011
This school is fantastic! I love the family atmosphere. In fact, my husband wants to move and I won't let him until my youngest is finished with 6th grade and he's only 4! I have two complaints....they need a high school program & a more organized communication program. Sometimes I get a one or two day notice on needed party supplies or upcoming school programs. Unlike public schools, all responsibility falls on the child.(Which is great!) If you are looking for an overly structured, rote memorization type of education for your child, this is not your place. If you want a self responsible child who is allowed to be curious and learns from many different platforms, then this is your place!

Posted May 31, 2011
We absolutely LOVE TMA! Our son has been there for 2 years in Mrs. Fisher's class and we've seen him excel. He also is part of the extended care program as we both work out of the home. We are big supporters of the montessori education and hope and pray we will be able to continue to be able to afford the tuition. We receive regular emails from the teacher, school, newsletter, and I also keep up with all the activities via TMA's facebook page. The entire staff is tremendous and we are proud of our son's montessori education!

Tuskawilla Montessori School 4

Posted May 07, 2011
Great teacher and student body, the main problem is administration the lack of communication is how they monitor parents. I have had my daughter here for 3 years and she loves it, I had her take the FCAT in previous years and she always scored high so the education is above par. She has been in 2 building and is moving to the upper school next year. There is plenty of opportunity for afterschool activites also. The positives far out way the negative.

Tuskawilla Montessori School 1

Posted January 25, 2011
Horrible on so many levels there is not enough room here. Look elsewhere for schooling your kids. I agree with every negative post already here and could add a list of my own. Spend your money somewhere else...I'll leave it at that.

Posted December 02, 2010
As a parent of four children at the school, I cannot begin to describe how pleased and amazed I am with the program. My children not only learned the English language in a matter of a couple of months, but fully developed the culture in America rather quickly as well! They now are YEARS ahead of their cousins in local public schools. I recommend Tuskawilla Montessori tto any parent(s) who seek the best education for their children.

Posted September 26, 2010
I'm glad we found this school! My daughter started reading at age 3 and continues to blossom academically. In Pre-K/Kindergarten, she became proficient in Language Arts, Geography, knowing all states in the US and identifying all of the Caribbean Islands. She started addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. She was reading at a 4th grade level and loved chapter books! The curriculum is challenging and engaging for her at the same time. She has a strong foundation that will take her anywhere. The staff is so passionate about teaching children. I know my child is in good hands when I drop her off in the morning. Everyone is so centered on the children and make the environment as positive and productive as it can be. I can't afford NOT to send her to this school!

Tuskawilla Montessori School
1625 Montessori Point, Oviedo, FL  32765
Last modified Tuskawilla Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Tuskawilla Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top