Evans Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 910 students

Posted May 16, 2009

I took my daughter out of this school a few years ago mostly due to the rude, sarcastic front office staff. It was really disgusting. The principal did nothing to help when I complained.

Posted May 15, 2009

My daughter went to Evans from K thru 1st grade...I found the staff wonderful, supportive and kind. The Principal was the Best! I moved, and she is now a student at Casselberry Elementary, and this is another great school. I have 5 children and have had experience with plenty of schools over the years. These are the best.

Posted March 4, 2009

The office people is the worse, rude and very arrogant. I totally agree with the comments that they have good teachers but in general the staff is real bad, see the web page, you can't communicate with the teachers they are always asking just for money and the kids have a lot of press. My child does not like to go to school. I totally agree they don't care about learning in general, the only format that they understand is FCAT....

Posted February 12, 2009

We have never been so disappointed with a school! From the front office to the principal they are condescending and rude! There may be a few good teachers but they are overshadowed by the 'just putting in my time'teachers. I have witnessed the principal just sit back and watch her front desk staff be rude and nasty. I truly believe that the tone of the school is set by the principal and I can just hope she is retiring soon!

Posted February 8, 2009

This is an excellent school. My Daughter has a great teacher. Evans is very well organized and they do care very much about the students education. I never had a problem with the front desk staff. Everytime I walk into the front desk they great me.. My child is an A student. We love Evans Elementry.

Posted February 6, 2009

We are completely unhappy with Evans, and removing our child. I agree with the other posters that the teaching is completely centered around the FCAT, with no regard for any real life learning. There are a few good teachers, but for the most part, parents are actively discouraged from participating in the child's education. Most teachers do not allow parents to volunteer in the classroom. If you walk into the front office, you will be more likely met with sarcasm (if you're not ignored) than help. The school is disorganized -- my child has been frequently misplaced. If you have an intelligent child who tests well and you fit the average demographic (race, political views, etc) for this area, then your child should love this school. If you have any differences, then you should consider one of the magnet schools.

Posted January 2, 2009

This school is a great school for the average student. The school performs very well on the FCAT, and they have some great teachers here. As soon as the current principal retires and they get some new people into the guidance department they should be fine. Most parents and kids loves this school. I would recommend his school for the average student and you child will do well at this school. Please do not move to this school if you child is gifted or has any disability. This school does not know how to deal with these students.

Posted November 5, 2008

I have two girls who go to school. There have been a couple of times when they were under par but their teachers were so helpful to the girls and to my husband and myself. They showed us what we could do at home to help them and took extra time with the girls. I love the support in the school and how involved the parents are. I think it makes Evans a strong school.

Posted July 31, 2008

My son has been in three diffrent schools in his short school career.A total of one year is all it took to make me transferre him out. The office staff was one of the rudest I have ever experinced, I dreaded going in to the office for anything. FCAT was top Priority. Their outlook on a child a little out side the box and vary out going is harsh. I would never put my son back in that school.

Posted July 31, 2008

Posted July 8, 2008

I transferred my child as soon as I could from this school. We felt that the teaching was primarily FCAT related. We wanted a well rounded education for our children a we felt this WAS NOT a priority at EVANS. We felt our teacher was apathetic and detached. We got no support from the principle who seemed to view our concerns as a nuisance. We have since moved our children to different Seminole County School and are extremely pleased.

Posted May 23, 2008

Evans is a nice looking school, the staff is friendly, but we have had a teacher that we did not feel was up to par two different years at this school. Evans is FCAT centered. They are not able to truly help when a child needs anything extra. It's a 'that's not my job' feel from some of the teachers.

Posted April 17, 2008

I have had several experiences w/ elementary schools, and I am very disappointed w/ Evans. The teacher (principle included) seemed to care primarily about the schools FCAT statedus and less about providing students w/ a well rounded education. My son was labeled as below grade level at Evans b/c he thinks outside the box, after transfering he was tested as gifted (this was from a different Seminole county school) tested as gifted at all other schools but b/c they think outside the box....not allowed at this school!!! He was later tested at another Seminole County School and placed in gifted math and is above grade level in all subjects...they took the time to get to know my child. If you want a child with strong critical thinking skills...Run from Evans...if you are happy w/ just good testing taking scores,and questionable teachers ..Evan is the place for you!!!!

Posted March 20, 2008

Evans is a fabulous school. I came from the state of Massachusetts and my child was in a very high ranking district up north. I can tell you that Evans is academically in that same outstanding range. They truly work with the parents and have programs that enrich and assist all students to perform at high level standards. They truly stick to the motto no child left behind. Kudos to Evans Elementary.

Posted September 27, 2007

achademicly this is a great school, only problem is if you don't get a good teacher you have no help from the higher office! The front office staff would be happy if there were no parents allowed into the school or on the phone! They are rude and unhelpful. This also includes the principal who lets them get away with it! Most teachers are great but as previously stated - soon move onto better run schools so each year you take pot luck! If we were able to send our kids somewhere else we would!

Posted September 26, 2007

My daughter went to this school and we had no problems. My son who has ADD went to this school and we spent years trying to get him the support he needed in order to be successful at Evans. Overall, we were very disappointed.

Posted January 18, 2007

This school was supposed to be a great school due to it being modernized and the computer lab. It has been great for one of my children who fits the norm. However, my other child has not had a nice experience. If you get an experienced teacher everything is great. If not, you are out of luck. The teachers have very little flexibility in the classroom. Overall, we are seeking to move into another school system as Evan's is not prepared to deal with these issues.

Posted September 28, 2006

Overall this school is an OK school, it all depends on the teacher your child is assigned to. If you do not have the 'right' teacher and your child does not fit the 'Normal' mold then its not that great of a school. Their primary focus is preparing for the test(FCAT) which is why this school seems good from the outside, but if the school is that great then why would so many teachers leave as they had leave after last year.

Posted September 19, 2006

We left a private school because so many of our neighbors raved about Evans Elementary. This is our 3rd year and we could not be more satisfied. The enrichment programs, media center and computer lab exceeded what he was getting at a small private school. The teachers have been phenomenal and very responsive to our son and us. He is thriving and we are so happy with our decision to have him go to Evans.

Posted May 9, 2006

Overall, I'm not displeased with Evans. Academically, the school does well, but it teaches to the test and at least in our experience, it fails to take into consideration that these little kids need downtime, too. I am currently looking to transfer my son to another school, or else move outside the boundaries of Evans Elementary.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

128 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

146 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

153 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

152 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

152 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

127 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • 5 Star Award (2006)
  • 5 Star Award (2007)
  • A+ school for the past 7 years. (2007)

Special education / special needs

School start time
  • 8:30
School end time
  • 3:00
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Multiple disabilities
  • Specific learning disabilities

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code

Apply now