Posted October 22, 2014
The school does not follow state law for student to teacher ratio. The school always has three or four extra students in class then what is allowed by state law. Look at the test scores history on this page, you can see the decline of the school slowly as the free lunch kids increase. The comment I read about the Section 8 housing is in line with the decline of the test scores and is valid to some degree. Anyway the communication is ok, but the administrative staff always seems to be reactive and planning for events are not very coordinated. The teachers like all government schools are just teaching to the CommonCore standardized test. If the subject or topic is not in the test then your child is not taught it. The whole school years focus is the standardized test not learning. Honestly its not the teachers fault they seem to be being pulled in all directions by their management, union, politicians, and corporations. So Evans is a Ok school, your child will focus on memorizing standardizing testing and fundraising but as for independent critical thinking skills look elsewhere if you can. (homeschooling or private schools)

Posted May 28, 2014
My Kindergarten student had a wonderful experience at the school. The teacher was very creative and made my little one's learning experience fun. She looked forward to every day and was sad when the year ended. As for the staff, they learned who I was very early on and made me feel at home. My only criticism would be the after school programs, which I felt were a little lacking.

Posted May 22, 2014
Evans is a decent school, with good teacher/student ratios. It was a GREAT school under previous leadership. However, the new principals are floundering, creating policies that don't allow you to lunch with your child (1x week only), and they do not do a good job of keeping parents informed and engaged. The Gifted program is a joke - it is only 1x week, on the "short" day. So, my child is bored the rest of the week, and likely to disrupt the others due to boredom. The front office staff has been rude to me, and to other students or parents who have come in while I've been there. We used to be excited to be at Evans and are now looking at other options.

Evans Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
Awful place. Teachers sulk and complain. Students bully each other relentlessly with no consequences. Parents bully the teachers and administration. There is a complete lack of boundaries between teachers and parents and they can often be overheard gossiping together which makes for an incredibly uncomfortable environment. The inmates are running the prison.

Posted March 28, 2014
My children have had a great experience at Evans. We have had children at the school for 7 years and have been very pleased by the teachers and programs.

Evans Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2014
First and foremost. This school discourages parents from wanting to be involved from its total unfriendliness. It is run like a prison. Drop your kids at the door, and do not even think about coming within 25 feet of the front door. Do not try to give the administration or PTA suggestions, as they are unwelcomed. I have even been yelled at by a "paraprofessional." Other parents have been yelled at by other staff members. Teachers are hit or miss. They assign you one day a week you can eat lunch with your child, and only that day of the week.

Posted February 20, 2014
You know I believe that this is a good school. The staff is very friendly and courteous. They seem to really care about the well being of the children. After reading one of the postings left I was just blown away and not in a good way how unbelievably stereotypical people are. You know what its not the new complex that was built just bexause they accept hud. That doesn't five anyone the right to blame the people who lice there. So with all due respect shut up! It is not a bad school and don't blame others for yopur misfortune!

Posted January 27, 2014
First let me state that Evans is not a bad school; however, I think generic describes it best. On paper, Evans is a fantastic school. In reality, Evans is middle-of-the-road. As with many schools, there is a small clique of parents that believe they actually run the school and relish the sense of power they derive from this belief. This translates into a sometimes unfriendly environment that can make volunteering difficult. Although the front office staff is generally friendly, the parents that work there and in the cafeteria can be gruff. The new administration has amplified this feeling of unfriendliness with policies that impede the ability of parents to feel part of their children's learning environment and unwelcome at the school. Events are poorly advertised and often notification is at the last minute. Teachers at Evans are hit-or-miss; we've had good and bad teachers. Unfortunately, I believe district pride concerning FCAT scores appears to trump actual learning and creativity in the classroom. If you want your child to receive good FCAT scores, don't care about a school's "soul", and aren't concerned about your child's originality and creativity, Evans is the right place.

Evans Elementary School 2

Posted January 03, 2014
This is my second review the first one was removed by this website on or around 30 Dec 2013. Like I said the first time my kids have gone to Evans for the past few years and it was not to bad. Sadly someone built a huge "HUD" "Section 8" town-home complex about 100 Yards from the school last year. Since then the quality of the school has really gone down hill and am looking into other options. Sadly we live in a world where parents need be aware of what is being built in their zoning districts. These building projects have a HUGE impact on the quality of your public school. I never would've believed it until it happened to our family at Evans!

Posted October 29, 2013
We have had great experiences with the school, and my daughter absolutely loves it here. I'm pleasantly surprised that all of the teachers in the hallways seem to know her name, and the office staff somehow knows me and my husband despite our infrequent visits. Everyone here has been super friendly and the education my daughter is receiving is top notch!

Evans Elementary School
100 East Chapman Road, Oviedo, FL  32765
Last modified Evans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evans Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top