884 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This is a fantastic school with great teachers and a friendly staff. We're really happy here.

Supports LD students: Disagree

One of my children struggles with a learning disability and during the first half of the school year she was just not getting the material being taught. And I did everything in my power to help her at home and also I reached out to the teachers to ask for additional help for my daughter she has a 504 plan to help support her learning styles. But it was not followed by teachers and it was hard to get ahold of her teachers for conferences and educational response as to what else can be done to help my child to understand what is being taught. I eventually was offered tutoring and told by her teacher that it would be small group tutoring with a teacher that teaches at the school. And that was totally incorrect turns out it was virtual tutoring never once was she ever offered help by a teacher at the school and the only thing offered was something we were already doing at home. It was just disappointing that your told it's was going to be something it wasn't. She had testing in the beginning of the year where they gave the students no materials at home to study with so that they could get in extra practice needless to say almost all the students failed vocabulary until they finally started sending home list of the words (without definitions even though they're tested on definitions) so that they could study with a dictionary that will provide a different variation of what they are learning in class. Frustrating. It's still a huge struggle each week.

I feel administration repeatedly negligent when it came to my daughters being bullied and slapped multiple times while on riding the bus. The day after the 3rd attacked I took it upon myself to speak with the parent of the child that was bullying my kid. unbeknownst to me I found out that the school had never once notify the parents of the child and they were left completely out of the loop. Eventually I had to change my daughters class at school and the student was switched to another bus after months of enduring multiple daily attacks, there was not enough intervention. I feel they did not correctly respond to the situation, the school is not solely responsible for addressing physical attacks and families must be made aware of these situations in orders also intervene and take every preventative measure possible. Separately speaking there has been so many fights that we have lost count since the year began administration has it openly and admitted the bus is out-of-control recently one of the students got expelled that rides the same bus when they took a metal chain that is used to lock the play ground gates and hit another student in the face during recess. The fights is constant at this school that's Why I want warn other parents about what is happening in hopes they can change something. Lastly my eldest child who never has any issues, Gifted student, she always uses her phone WHEN she exits the bus to immediately let her family know that she's made it safe. Another child on the school bus snatched her phone out of her hands stuffed it in her pocket lied to my daughter and said that the phone fell to the ground while quickly exited the bus stole her belongings we had to go to the child's home recover her stolen phone. I reported the incident & they blamed my daughter for having her belongings in her hands as she exits the bus and that the only actions they will take would be that of speaking to the students on the bus as a whole about no phones while on the bus and that electronics should be only inside backpacks. But I disagree I feel this situation will happen again they steal and don't even get as much as a word said to them. My child robbed and they blame it on the innocent party She had her belongings forcibly ripped from her hands and she some how asked for it by simply having it there. No this occurred due to no consequences when children Are acting out each day no interventions when innocent students are physically attacked and bullied

This is my daughter's 2nd year at Evans and it has been a wonderful experience. She is in 1st grade and has excelled in academics. Her teacher last year and this year are great and she enjoys going to school. She is an AR reader and I love this program to challenge and push her further. We love Evans!

I find the school very good in taking of kids education needs. My daughter has been in Evans for 2 years and all teachers have been great so far. I have no complaints.

The school does not follow state law for student to teacher ratio. The school always has three or four extra students in class then what is allowed by state law. Look at the test scores history on this page, you can see the decline of the school slowly as the free lunch kids increase. The comment I read about the Section 8 housing is in line with the decline of the test scores and is valid to some degree. Anyway the communication is ok, but the administrative staff always seems to be reactive and planning for events are not very coordinated. The teachers like all government schools are just teaching to the CommonCore standardized test. If the subject or topic is not in the test then your child is not taught it. The whole school years focus is the standardized test not learning. Honestly its not the teachers fault they seem to be being pulled in all directions by their management, union, politicians, and corporations. So Evans is a Ok school, your child will focus on memorizing standardizing testing and fundraising but as for independent critical thinking skills look elsewhere if you can. (homeschooling or private schools)

My Kindergarten student had a wonderful experience at the school. The teacher was very creative and made my little one's learning experience fun. She looked forward to every day and was sad when the year ended. As for the staff, they learned who I was very early on and made me feel at home. My only criticism would be the after school programs, which I felt were a little lacking.

Evans is a decent school, with good teacher/student ratios. It was a GREAT school under previous leadership. However, the new principals are floundering, creating policies that don't allow you to lunch with your child (1x week only), and they do not do a good job of keeping parents informed and engaged. The Gifted program is a joke - it is only 1x week, on the "short" day. So, my child is bored the rest of the week, and likely to disrupt the others due to boredom. The front office staff has been rude to me, and to other students or parents who have come in while I've been there. We used to be excited to be at Evans and are now looking at other options.

Awful place. Teachers sulk and complain. Students bully each other relentlessly with no consequences. Parents bully the teachers and administration. There is a complete lack of boundaries between teachers and parents and they can often be overheard gossiping together which makes for an incredibly uncomfortable environment. The inmates are running the prison.

My children have had a great experience at Evans. We have had children at the school for 7 years and have been very pleased by the teachers and programs.

Last modified Evans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.