The Master's Academy

Private | PK-12 | 960 students

Living in Oviedo

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $173,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Sweep tile

Posted December 31, 2013

Our daughter has been a student at TMA for nine years. She has always been challenged academically and we have never had issues with the curriculum. With a few exceptions, we have been very happy with the teachers she has had. Like many other reviewers, however, we have witnessed favoritism and our daughter has faced VERY cliquish behavior -- something that surprises me considering it is a very small class (less than 100 students) and most of the students have been classmates since kindergarten. Even in high school she has experienced instances of teasing, bordering on bullying, that has been witnessed by teachers and reported to administration, yet it goes unpunished. It is so bad that our daughter has begged us for two years to let her leave TMA. We have finally acquiesced and are transferring her to another school. TMA places a huge emphasis on sports and little on fine arts. In fact, they no longer offer chorus as an elective. Finally, attending TMA is a very large investment, so be prepared to be nickel and dimed for everything. We have come to expect several hundred dollars of charges and fees added to our invoice each month on top of the $700 tuition.

Posted December 10, 2013

The immediate review was posted accidentally by me for this school which shares the same names the school my children attended in South Florida. Please disregard as it is not intended for the school in Oviedo.

Posted December 8, 2013

"The Master's Academy has been the best thing that could happen to my entire family! I have not met a single teacher that does not care for each student as their own and the administrators know each of them as well. My husband and I have also been welcomed with open arms as a part of school community with volunteer options, bible studies and fellowship events. TMA truly has become an extension of our family and not just a school. Thank you!"

Posted December 6, 2013

My daughter's school is phenomenal. I am so impressed by the teaching staff and the level of thinking they develop in my 9 year old. My husband and I are both teachers and I often take her tests and show them to my husband to encourage him that if our 9 year old can think at this level, so can our middle school students! I am so grateful for you her entire 4th grade team of teachers. She is learning so much and is so enthusiastic about what she learns in school! It is a mother's dream to have teachers who inspire curiosity and spark imaginations but also have high expectations and a heart for the whole child! The critical thinking skills she is gaining this year are so crucial to her future success! The facilities are beautiful, technology is top-notch, but the greatest part of her school is the incredible teaching staff that pour into the lives of each child they teach!

Posted November 27, 2013

We love masters academy so much. It is our first year at the school and we couldn't be happier. The teachers and staff are so loving and my daughter is learning so much about reading, math, and God. We are so thankful for a wonderful school.

Posted November 15, 2013

There are many reasons we like TMA , but I will just highlight the top ones for us. Our sons,currently Seniors, started in TMA as juniors and felt a welcoming atmosphere from their peers ,something not usual among highschoolers.Also the J-Term program the Upper school provides for grades 9-12 is an excellent way for them to explore their future vocations . Camp Sparta High School Retreat gives them the opportunity to fellowship with their teachers and classmates outside the academics ,meanwhile creating life long friendships.Last ,but not least our Elementary school child ,who is very shy, absolutely loves her teachers and classmates and enjoys every aspect of her classes .We are honored to have our children in a school that excels in academics and at the same time instills in the student that All is done to honor the Lord.

Posted November 13, 2013

TMA is like family, it is like our second home. The administrators, staff, teachers, coaches and even the other families are always available for help. My daughter and son were able to gain great friends and so are we. Thank you so much TMA!

Posted November 13, 2013

It is our first year at Master's Academy and we already feel like family. The administration and teachers are accessible and helpful. The student body is friendly and welcoming. What a great experience! We highly recommend the Master's Academy

Posted November 11, 2013

The MastersAcademy Oviedo Devoted teachers, development of the student full scale, studies, arts,music,drama,sports, Bible. The MastersAcademy-Quality Teachers In Quality Students Out, Why choose any other?

Posted November 9, 2013

We have three children and each have a different learning style. What we love about TMA is their small class sizes as well as the high quality of their teachers! Just as important is the love of Christ that is evident in all of the staff members we have met. The communication between our children's teachers and us is amazing! Master's Academy continues to bring out the very best in our children!

Posted November 8, 2013

Master's academy has been such a blessing to our family. My daughters are getting an amazing Christ-centered education. In addition, the variety of extra curricular activities are fabulous. Everyone has a place where they can shine!

Posted November 7, 2013

Love this school! It is a refreshing sight to see how kids can pray together for each other. As well as teachers can pray for the students . We have women bible studies. A place where we can together and pray for each other. I love the fact that this school a non-denomination. The school can focus on the relationship between student and Christ .

Posted November 7, 2013

Our 5yr old could not be happier at TMA. He comes home every day eager to tell us all about his day and what he's learned, while at the same time he is thirsty to learn more. The Lord's message is so clear ... We made the absolute best choice for our son.

Posted November 6, 2013

The Master's Academy is an awesome school! All 3 of my kids have attended. I have 1 that graduated in 2012, 1 that will graduate in 2014 and 1 in 8th grade. The teachers are exceptional! They are also fully invested in each and every child. When their grandmother died suddenly last spring, all of the teachers stepped up and comforted by children and prayed for them. I couldn't ask for anything more!

Posted November 6, 2013

My wife and I have had four children at TMA over a period of nine years, thus far, and have never regretted it. Words I would use to describe our experience with TMA are Balanced, Authentic, Professional, Caring and Christ-like. We have recommended many of our friends and colleagues to the Masters Academy and will continue to do so.

Posted November 6, 2013

I have a fourth grade son and a twelfth grade daughter at The Master's Academy (TMA) in Oviedo, Florida. At one time, we had five children at TMA from elementary through high school so I have had experience with the school as a whole. I appreciate this school and am thoroughly impressed with the staff, both teaching and administrative, who are ready, willing, and able to help in any circumstance. The staff continues to impress me with their concern and compassion for each of my children, as well as with their knowledge and teaching skills. Most importantly, God is the main reason for and focus of this school, and the staff demonstrates love of and dedication to Christ, and are, therefore, wonderful role models for the students and their families. My children have benefited emotionally, spiritually, and academically from being students at The Master's Academy. I feel blessed to have my children in this school, and am confident that they have a firm foundation in growing a healthy relationship with Christ. Thank you!

Posted November 6, 2013

This school is amazing! The emphasis on both academic and spiritual education is wonderful. I have a son in 8th and daughter in 5th. They can't get over how friendly and welcoming everyone is since we moved here in August. The staff are already like family who truly care about their students grades and developing their hearts for Christ. This school is impressive!

Posted November 5, 2013

My children started attending TMA in preschool and it has been such a blessing to our family for over fifteen years! The academics are challenging, but totally prepare students for top colleges. The families have such great hearts, the teachers go out of their way to help the students, and the students themselves are nothing short of delightful. I am so glad our children are a part of the school. PHENOMENAL arts and sports programs, too. I really like the international travel opportunities and the missions trips that are offered a couple times a year. TMA truly is a GREAT SCHOOL.

Posted October 23, 2013

My daughter had come from a public school and was having a lot of anxiety and just shutting down when feeling overwhelmed. Bottom line, she was not happy and I felt like she was losing her joyful spirit. After much consideration, I thought maybe a Christian environment would be a better place for her. I took my daughter with me during the tour and afterwards looked at me and said "this school is a dream come true!" She knew she would leave her old friends and that she would be starting three months into the school year, but she didn't care. She is in 4th grade and she is doing tremendous! I have my happy daughter back!!! Thank you TMA for everything you do for our community and family!!!

Posted August 21, 2013

We enjoyed our first few years at TMA but then things changed. The classroom sizes in Lower School are out of control. The Christian aspect and teaching are wonderful; however, favoritism is an ongoing issue. Children involved in mission trips or high academics are visibly more recognized than the other children; don't bother going to the upper school end of the year awards because usually only about 7 kids from each grade receive every award (which by the way, is made up and given by the teachers). What really made us leave was the fact that sports are very weak at TMA; coaches are not trained/qualified; the ones that are do not stay. General improvement is needed...

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

School start time
  • 7:45 (6 -12) 8
School end time
  • 3:10 (6 - 12) 2
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (407) 706-0254

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious