Pace, FL
Students enrolled: 1,821

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 25, 2015
It's odd because the homework and classwork is definitely there, and perhaps in some ways not there enough, but it's so haphazardly thrown together that it might barely constitute as "work".

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 25, 2015
By face value, yes, but if you look deeper or get to know its students, most of them are quite the opposite.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 25, 2015
Their version of respect is forced and unearned, along with incredibly flimsy and fragile as a newly laid egg.

Pace High School 1

Posted July 25, 2015
I have attended this school for the past two years, and as I am a military child, I have been lucky enough to experience other, more culturally and academically advanced schools before it. As said in another review, Pace High School was a culture shock to me, and I can honestly say that while my time there wasn't Hell, it is by far the worst school I've ever gone to. I feel extremely sorry for the students who have no choice but to attend this school and haven't had the opportunities I have had to see better schools and better programs. I have seen multiple roaches at this school, and they are positively HUGE, and the school overall is filthy. I haven't seen any rats like other reviews have stated, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were running around as well. Some teachers are UNCOMFORTABLY personal with certain students, but few are even willing to offer help to students academically. Memorization rather than the actual understanding of a subject is what students learn, and some core subjects are not even taught until Junior/Senior year. I hated the academics of this school and felt that I was wasting my life and not in any way preparing for my future, college, or any sort of life outside of Pace with this school's way of running things. I learned absolutely nothing in this school, and I definitely found it to have strong senses of favoritism both socially and academically. I found some diamonds in the rough in terms of teachers who actually put effort into their classes (and were professional about it) and students who weren't completely mentally isolated by their small town and their smaller school. I wouldn't recommend this to another student or their family, and would be glad if I never had to spend another day in its filthy, biast halls.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
This school shows favoritism. There were many racists people there. Everyone does not get the same opportunities.

Pace High School 2

Posted July 14, 2015
I absolutely hated this school. My entire freshman year was miserable. I moved to Florida the summer I would begin my freshman year. I had came from an art's school up north so, I already had high expectations. I did not like that part of Florida in general. It was nothing how I expected Florida to be. Pace high school is NOT diverse at all. The school I went to up north was extremely diverse and, I absolutely loved that. This school is full of country rednecks. I have seen so many roaches at this school. Not little roaches, HUGE one's. This school should have been kept more clean. The biggest problem I had with this school was dress code. Coming from an art's school, we believed in freedom to express ourselves. Now, I do understand that there should be some dress codes but, pace took it to the extreme. They would get on me about any little "dress code violation" I also believe they showed favortism. One of the staff member dress coded me for wearing a crop top. The next day that same staff member walked pass a girl wearing the littlest shorts and, did not say a thing. I know she saw her because, she looked right at her and, her friends and, smiled. I also don't know if race played a part in this as well. Speaking of race, many of the students would use the n word which they had no right using. As far as academics goes, I feel like they dumbed down the classes. I took an honor's class and, it didn't even feel like it. The hope teachers definitely showed favoritism. Also running around in hope everyday in the hot heat was miserable. There should have been more options. Running is not the only physical exercise. There should have been more options such as dance, yoga, basketball etc. The homecoming was so whack. Pretty much no one danced. Everyone stood in there little circles. People barely knew how to do the cupid shuffle. This school was just not for me. If you were raised near here then, it may not be as much of a culture shock for you. Someone who is use to the finer things in life will probably feel the same way as I. I am just so glad that I moved back up north and will never have to see that school again.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 14, 2015
All of my teachers were pretty nice but, they never took the time to walk around to see if anyone needed help. Very few of them offered extra help out of class.

Pace High School 5

Posted January 16, 2012
This is the best school i ever went too!!! I hear some other reviews that are not true like "there are rats running around the school" or "theres to many christians" or "too much drugs" but thats not really true. First of all, rats running around? Okay, that was the worst lie i ever heard pace is the cleanest school ever. To many christians? Yeah, sorry were a people who like are religion and go to our church, i dont even know how you can complain about somthing that isn't even aloud in school anyway. And the drugs? Well, every school has drugs, but schools up north and west are worse. The only reason you hear about drugs hear is because the staff actually catches kids when they have them, unlike the majority of other schools.

Pace High School 3

Posted August 05, 2011
As a current student some of these reviews are apalling. Drgs- just as much as any high school. Teacher quality- very good, unless you happen to get the occasional lazy teacher. The two main problems are the hugely Christian bias and the clique-ish attitude of students. You rarley see students interact with others who differ in opinions. Sports are also a VERY big impact on student life, especially football (like most high schools) Socially the school is on the lesser side but academics are very well done.

Pace High School 5

Posted May 09, 2011
Pace High School is the best School I have ever attended. It is better than some of the private schools I have even gone to! There isn't a day where I don't have fun! The teachers are very understanding and will work with you on whatever you need help with. Unlike what the person below be posted(P.S., go back to where you're from if you do not like Pace), it is a very clean environment. No rats, whatsoever. As for being overrun with drugs, I have never seen one type of drug on that campus before, and trust me, I know more than 80% of the student body. I am very happy with my time I have spent there.

4065 Norris Road, Pace, FL  32571
Last modified Pace High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pace High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top