758 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

My boys love going to Turner. They always come home happy and that says a lot about a school. I was a little hesitant sending them here based on the reviews some people wrote but I think the teachers are wonderful and caring. I feel it's based on the child yes it does take a good teacher as well but the child has to want to learn also. I had a family member attend here 10 years ago and he raves about John f Turner. Don't let these other reviews scare you away.

Every year my kids get teachers that they end up switching two or three times. My child needs consistency and getting used to one teacher only to have someone new come in not once but twice this year in only the first month of school is ridiculous. Luckily our family is moving soon and my child will go elsewhere.

Develops character: Agree

The school community is working hard to change the perceptions of others of the school. It is reality that you cannot please everyone, and that is not the purpose of education, it is to educate the students where they are when they walk in the door.

Turner Elementary has the potential to be a great school with wonderful staff members, students and administration. Most of the students at the school care about their education as well as the teachers. I see then working long hours and I leave for work in the morning and come home in the afternoon, cars are still in the parking lot. The dedication of all teachers in any school in Brevard County should be commend. Turner is only as great as the community in which we live.

Worst school ever! Some teachers are dedicated and good, however, the principal is extremely bad, with NO common sense and no courtesy! We sold our house and moved away from Palm Bay so our children don't jeopardize their future by going to Turner!

This school is the worst elementary school in Palm Bay and possibly in Brevard County. I personally went to this school and experienced trouble with certain teachers and sadly, my little brother and little cousins are going through the same thing now. I've had a few good experiences, but that was only because the teacher happened to be a good teacher. Only a handful or two of teachers in that school deserve to actually be called teachers. My brother almost had a nervous breakdown. Why? The teacher yelled at him for not picking up a Jordan-brand jacket that wasn't even his. Why wouldn't someone pick up something of value that is there? Whoever hires these idiots they call teachers needs to be evaluated as well because I don't understand how you can have so much stupidity staff. It probably explains why the school is a D school out of a district with mostly A schools. My brother's grades went down ever since moving to Florida and being enrolled in that school. If you want to avoid this predicament for yourself and your child/children, please do NOT enroll your children in this school. Please save your worries and time and get them into a better school like Sunrise or Westside.

I have no complaints about the school. I both my sons attended Turner. My oldest is in high school and my youngest still attends. I have been blessed with nothing but caring teachers that really took the time to meet with my husband and myself if we had questions. AND the After-Care program is PHENOMENAL!!!! Ms. Tracey and her staff are the best!!!

My kids attended this school for 4 years and there are a few good teachers anf there are alot of really bad teachers communication is terrible and my kids will not be gping back next year ,never. This turned into one of the worst schools the office staff are great but i hate the school. Good luck to anyone who is enrolling there kids to turner elem.

This school has NO parent/teacher communication, you try to talk to the teachers about your child's progress and you get the run around, my children will not be going to this school, even though we are zoned for Turner, my children will be attending Columbia

They have a wonderful principal,and teachers.The office personal are always ready to help you,with any questions you may have.And they have the best afterschool care in Brevard County.

Last modified John F. Turner, Senior Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.