Palm Bay, FL

Posted August 17, 2014
I have my kids at this school and had an excellent experience with the 3rd grade teacher. She really care about the kids and their education. Mrs. Williams was strict but the kids learn, my child has odd and with the help of her teacher she had excellent grades. Mrs. Williams always kept me inform of all my kids work, she was the first teacher that call me to tell me that my daughter was doing good. Normally I used to get phone calls to let me know that my child did something bad. is good to have someone that cares about your child in the school system.

Columbia Elementary School 2

Posted August 12, 2013
Columbia Elementary how is that a school can now 2 years in a row lose registration paper work ? even after calling to make sure the paperwork was turned in and that the school had it . we were told that they did have it but today all of a sudden it disappeared on the day of registration . hopefully winning 5000$ will help this school hire better people so important paper work isn't just misplaced or lost

Posted November 20, 2012
My child is in a pre-school program due to a language delay. I adore his teacher and her assistant. He has come so far and learned so much by attending his class. The administration has also been helpful and wonderful with his transition from a home therapist to his school class. Everyday he does something new and my fridge is full of his work. My husband and I couldn't be more proud of him or more grateful to his teacher and her assistant...the only thing I detest is the lack of parking and the disaster of a car loop--neither of which affect my son's learning on any level.

Columbia Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2011
Columbia is the school for you if: * You put your child's learning solely in the hands of the teacher without being involved. * Your child's voice is irrelevant when seeking support or help from their teacher. * Cleanliness is optional. * its o.k for your child to stay in the office during teaching time. * Low moral, lack of diversity on staff, limited extra-curricular activities isn't important. * Poor leadership and complacent staff is acceptable( not all, but most) * Limited resources are outdated/broken. * your child can be talked down and treated any kind of way. Parents, if you are zoned to use this school please be active in your child's learning. Visit often. Use your voice and utilize your rights as a parent. Remember, teachers get paid regardless if your child is learning or not. It's o.k. to make them do their jobs.

Columbia Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
I disagree with most of the last reviewer's comments. The adminstrative staff has always been friendly helpful and the teachers do a good job. I think too often they are burdened down with getting the kids ready for testing that they can't always focus on the particular needs of their class. My son has always had homework every day since day 1. He is finishing second grade this year and started here in kindergarten. My issues with the school are as I stated before, the teachers focus so much on what the state thinks is important for testing that students that have issues in other areas don't get the practice they need. My son is above average in reading and math but has difficulties with writing. There isn't much time in class to work on writing skills because they focus so much of the time on reading comprehension.

Posted May 22, 2009
I have NOT had a pleasant eexperience at Comumbia Elementary! The administrative staff is very rude and unhelpful. The teachears are pretty friendly but they DO NOT teach. Everydsy my child comes home without homework. I'm afraid of what life will be like for her when she tansititons to middle school. I know I will have to be in there with her even more because it will be so different for her. I wish I had not sent her there.

Columbia Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2008
the school needs alot of cleaning and updating.The teachers do not teach well enough for gifted students.I am happy with the extra ciricular activities.I felt like in 6th grade I was treated like i was in kindergarden.I was not ready for the big change between elementary school and middle school.We had line order and had to sit that way in lunch.Three to a table and you were not facing anybody.

Posted July 26, 2007
As far as I am concern this school is one of the best in Brevard County. They have an excellent principal and staff, and a lot of other public school administrators could learn a lot from them.

Posted July 16, 2007
Great school. Excellent maintenance. Teachers always in high spirits. Kids actually enjoy learning.

Columbia Elementary School 2

Posted April 10, 2007
Speaking from firsthand experiences I personally would not suggest this school. I don't think it is totally poor but much more could be done to bring its rating up from 6 to 10. The sky is the limit on how to raise the academics of the students. Columbia offers music and art. I haven't noticed much parent participation at the school. I don't participate much due to the unfriendly office atmosphere, low morale amongst staff and complacent attitudes. Unfortunately its easier to keep my child there and work with him at home with add'l resources. If your are looking for a good school who is in the business of meeting the needs of children I suggest you research the local schools in our area. Christie McAuliffe, Westside, Port Malabar and Lockmar have had some great reviews. Good luck in your search for good quality education.

1225 Waco Boulevard Southeast, Palm Bay, FL  32909
Last modified Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top